Why can't male mangaka draw women?

Why can't male mangaka draw women?

What's in the sky that's so interesting they're all looking at it?

is the joke that this is a female artist

>male
>mangaka
There's your answer

Why can't female mangaka draw men?

Its not even that men can't draw attractive women, the problem is that its all they care about when creating them. The outer shell can be the loveliest you've ever seen but that doesn't matter when they have no personality to speak of.

Female mangaka can draw pretty or even somewhat plain looking women and they'll usually still be appealing because they have the personality to go with it. A good example is pic related, I just cleared it off my backlog so the pain is fresh in my memory. Himea is fucking gorgeous and she has much more detail in her design than Kagome, Kikyo and Sango combined. Objectively speaking based on looks alone, she should have been waifu'd ten times more than any of the Inuyasha girls but even when the show was airing she didn't garner much attention. Why? Because she was just a pretty doll and guess what gender her creator is.

Like I said, men can draw fantastic looking girls but they lack the kind of characterization a female mangaka can give them. Which makes sense to an extent because usually men only look at the outer appearance when deciding if a woman is attractive or not so when creating them, they never take into account personality. Being a woman makes it much easier to give life to female characters because they experienced first hand what it means to BE a woman. If that makes sense.

You're mistaken, the best girl was designed and written by men. It was an absolute fluke, but it happened.
>Himea is fucking gorgeous and she has much more detail in her design than Kagome, Kikyo and Sango combined
I disagree, they all have a certain graceful quality in their design that this sparkly pink moeblob dosn't have.

You typed all that just to say women are better at making female characters? Woah, well it also applies the other way around.

They're looking for you. They can hear you.

The best male lead in the past 10 years was written by a female. Granted their competition was a bunch of isekai/harem protags, but still.

Who are you considering best girl, out of curiosity.

And I considered this after I posted. While it is true that some men prefer more plain, understated women, I'm inclined to believe that the general consensus is that stunningly beautiful girls are the top prizes. But I definitely agree about the graceful quality that the Inuyasha girls have, Takahashi perfected the art of making women look/act like women and men look/act like men a long time ago so I don't think any of her works have that gender neutrality a lot of series seem to have. Like in Himea's show, the MC could've just been a particularly loud female for what it was worth because he just didn't come off as a male. I don't know if that makes sense either.

>The best male lead in the past 10 years was written by a female.
And who would that be?

I fell for her so hard that I happily let myself be NTR'd in the end
>I'm inclined to believe that the general consensus is that stunningly beautiful girls are the top prizes
No, just look at all the bland girls in popular series. None of them have any personality to speak of and have a very toned-down design.

This is a discussion board where you're supposed to, y'know. Have discussions. Come back when the thought of more than two sentences in a post doesn't trigger your autism.

They’ve never seen one in real life

Welcome to Sup Forums my dude

Learn the definitions brevity and autism before speaking, dickface.

The majority of male created manga can't write female characters at all. It's not even a matter of writing them better, but just competently.

And every other male created by a female makes me roll my eyes. The grass is greener over yonder.

dicks

>write a character
>give them a personality
>make it a girl

Profit?

>Female mangaka can draw pretty or even somewhat plain looking women and they'll usually still be appealing because they have the personality to go with it

Kagome is one of the most annoying female characters I've ever encountered.

That said, Harry Potter's a pretty good example of a female author writing male characters and not really having a problem with it.

While Twilight's an example of it all being shit. Edward is a perfect magical boyfriend, just as vapid and wish fulfilling as any perfect magical girlfriend written by male authors.

Madoka is carried by the female characters with the only male one being a satellite one for Sayaka. Same deal with Azumangah Daioh really (both had male authors).

Consensus?

Frankly I just think it has more to do with the quality of the author.

>Harry Potter
>good example

Harry Potter characters are more shallow than anime characters.