Is Black Clover too smart for Sup Forums to comprehend?

Is Black Clover too smart for Sup Forums to comprehend?

What are you talking aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

What did you say?

>those character designs

Holy blandness. This beats BnHA in the blandness department

THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY'RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMLY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAABLE

>YUUUUUUUUUUUUNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>MUUUDAAAADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Did his voice sound like this in the manga?

Is this the one series that waifus can't save? I mean even Fairy Tail had those

To be faaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIR

It's a self-insert for obnoxious manlets, not hard to comprehend.

Black Clover literally offers nothing. That's why the only thing its fanbase can do to respond to criticism is the yelling meme.

They literally have NOTHING to say, because Black Clover is the most nothing series out there.

It's just fun, if you over analyze anything it's boring too.

>waifus
YOU MEAN YUNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH?

There's nothing to analyze. It's like the author tried to shoehorn Fairy Tail and One Piece together. Which ended up with an even more retarded Natsu that's trying to be King of the Wizards.

It is heavily implied in the author comments that his target is the gay audience.

It has like 10 times less girls than FT

Is this the one series that husbandos* can't save?

STOP SCREAMING AND ACTING LIKE A RETARD!

I think you mean SISTAAAAAAAAA RIIIIRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY KEKKON DEKUDASAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIII

Anyone actually likes this show? Its sooo cliche and i have seen this shows concept 200 times before.

Asta a cute and so adorable

We all love it. AOTAT. Anime of the all time.

I don't get the hate, it's a perfectly functional shonen. Don't like it, don't read it, but don't pretend it's completely devoid of value.

>knocks Black Clover
>defends fucking Fairy Tail

You are the reason anime has devolved into the endless stream of waifu-showcasing garbage it is today.

I hate you.

What is this shit? At least the other Shounen had cool themes

>Martial arts
>Ninja
>Shinigami
>Pirates
>Superheroes

What is this generic schlock even about? What? It's just unpleasant to even look at

Look at? I can't even stand hearing it.

Calm down

You mean for /aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA/ to comprehend

nice meme

>no vocal vibrations
2/10 at least you tried

Thanks. I worked hard on it.

Most of the characters in Fairy Tail were at least good, even if you don't like waifu pandering. Black Clover has got nothing.

>Most of the characters in Fairy Tail were at least good
Woah now let's not start making things up now.

Hey guys what's going on in this AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ah, the joy of seeing anime-onlyies try to compare black clover to things.

Wait until Asta turns out to have the demon that the wizard king defeated all those years ago bound inside of himand gains a demon formand then his arms are cursed so they can't be healed and then he breaks them both

Absolutely. All the haters are just brainlets who don't get it.

So it's Naruto?

martial arts is just as generic a theme as wizards

Is it bad that the Fairy Tail fags and the Black Clover fags are trying to argue which one wasn't the worst shounen instead of why they were good?

ah but then asta and yuno join a guild! of course the lowest ranked guild, and so they have to do jobs for the guild to increase its Star Ranking and make it the best guild! and of course there's a "ranking war" because even as they're stealing from Great teacher onizuka why not also steal from world trigger?

Although not completely devoid of value, there's very little of it. Yami is quite an entertaining character, and it does have a few good character designs, but that's really about it.

If it got canceled right now I'd easily believe very few people would care. I can't think of anything that can get me excited to look forward to. It's outshined by other shonens in pretty much every aspect, I find it hard to even consider recommending it first to anyone.

Generic shonenshit.

I just began reading it, around chapter 50. The first 3 chapters or so are painfully bad, the bad scanlation only make them worse but so far the series isn't half bad, it's your usual battle shonen equivalent to a blockbuster action flick, it can be entertaining if you're in the right mindset.

The story also has some crazy pacing, it's non-stop story development/action front and back

That's the beauty of manga, it leaves a lot open to imagination and for you to form your own atmosphere in way.

So? It offers nothing to you because you're the type to think about 'waifus' but I'm sure it's perfectly entertaining to plenty of kids that can't fill their need for battle shonen with a few others alone.

We have Yami, he's the only waifu I need

WHEN DO WE GET BEST BOY!?

mc's hair is a mix of pineapple and just fuck my shit up

When do we get captains side story translated????

Yes

Only character worth a damn in this crap besides the mirror dude, the warp dude and Not-Stain

Better and more intellectual than O MY REWIND QUIRK

But Yuno gets right into the top-ranked one and all but shits on the second-in-command, which makes him lose his shit and try to kill his brother who is in the lowest guild because why tf not?

[Citation Needed]

To put it bluntly, the sweet silence of manga has spared our ears of this screaming goat for as long as it has.

I dont think he ever stated that,but it would make sense.

You also have to remember this is from 2015 moe was not that big has now when he made this wich is prob mid 2014.

Why is she even a nun, anyway? I don't remember religion ever being mentioned in BC.

I agree Black Clover is bland, but BNHA is pretty damn inventive with its designs.

They're, what do you find inventive about them?

>I don't remember religion ever being mentioned in BC.
I know the manga is pretty trashy but holy shit dude you read too fast

>Hey what's this?
>Episode 1
>Hear MC voice

DROPPED like a sack of potatoes, this 200% generic fucker has the worst voice I've ever heard

Not him, but designing is one of Hori's biggest strengths. Every single kid in class A looks entirely unique, and I've never mistaken anyone for someone else in it. Also he's very good at conveying characters' personalities through them (i.e. Hagakure's body language, Iida's squareness, Uraraka's bubbliness). Tabata's designs all look like dress-up dolls; and while he has good draftsmanship he couldn't convey emotion if it came up and slapped him in the face.

Though we should really take this to the MHA thread if we're gonna start talking about MHA. This is the Clover thread.

Everything between that underwater arc and the volcano training this is one big blur to me. I literally can't remember anything about me. I can barely even remember what happened a few weeks ago. Pls assist.

What you say is right I agree. Not a fan of the general BNHA design aesthetic myself personally. If the Black Clover author happens to be weaker at character creation, which he probably is I think I still prefer his style in general.

Churchsare mentioned tot ake care of orphans childs. There was an arc about a dude kidnapping kids with an old nun in it and everything

One thing I don't like in Hori characters are the names. They make no sense. Why people have names that match their personality and/or power?

She is an evil nun that worships demons.
Look at her necklace.

It's punny and cute

I think most Fairy Tail fags would admit that the series had more than its share of low points. But there were certain parts that were great and if you like ecchi then it was a slam dunk in that aspect. Black Clover is like Fairy tail if the MC was even more obnoxious and it didn't have a giant cast of cute girls. Which is to say, most people wouldn't have watched it. I'm sure Black Clover does fine as a kid's show though.

Oh I know the churches take care of orphans. But as far as I know, the religion these churches are following has never been mentioned (unless I forgot that part).

Same reason as OP and other manga. It's just for pun - nothing TOO serious. (Incidentally, Deku, Ochako, and Aoyama are the only class A kids whose names don't match their powers in some way.)

YYYYAAAAAAMMMMMMERERRRRRRRROOOOOOOO!!

Will Yami be enough to save this series? To me personally, I would've drop this series long ago if not for Yami. He is seriously the best character in the entire series and it's saving grace from the series generic/ bland characters.

There is not any religion as far as I remember. The only other "cross" look-a-like was the hair ornament of the Silva siblings (and strangely, Noelle has none).
I think the churches are just there for charity.

It's dumb and stupid

He read too many superhero comics. They did that dumb shit a lot.

I know it's nothing too serious, but I still don't like the puns, it's just my opinion, sorry if I'm a jaded old man

It's fine, user. Everyone has their own preferences.

No religion, but the outfits, crosses, calling each other sister, and charity.

Like, taverns make sense without being explained because everyone's gotta eat. But why churches if there's no religion.

What bugs me is that this could be a really interesting plot point if it was ever going to be addressed. But it it's not. Because Tabata's writing for 6-year-olds.

is this real? i don't think this could be more shit

>going deeper into religion
Yeah i don't think Tabata has the gut to go deep, let alone for Asta to even understand the concept of "no marriage" for nuns.

I know, know that you pointed it out it makes kind of sense. Some Batman villains have the stupidest names

I still hate it, but hate it with understanding

All brothers and sisters are assholes in this series until they got beaten down.

Chompers suddenly having a soooo sad backstory is just retarded.

Not to mention he's what, in his 20s? Were there REEEEEALLY no non-royal magic knights before then?

What? You mean Shark boy?

The dude on Asta's team in this tourney thing.

Look, if you want me to say it, I'll say it- Black Clover's main plot is essentially Naruto with some changes so the teacher doesn't notice you've copied the homework. It's not just unoriginal, it's a shameless rip-off.

I enjoy it in spite of that because:
1- part of what it's cribbed from Naruto is genuine arcs for its characters who try to learn and grow to become more powerful as they try to become not-Hokage, and I love me some growth arcs cliche or not, and
2- it's still got the capacity to make fun of itself from time to time in ways that I think are genuinely funny.
>Main character in the middle of delivering his typical sanctimonious post-victory speech about hope and the future and shit
>suddenly forced to cut it short as he remembers "AW FUCK I FORGOT I'M BLEEDING TO DEATH"
>"FUCK, ALL OUR HEALERS ARE KNOCKED OUT, WE'RE FUCKING SCREWED"

It's not going to make you discover new insight into humanity, but imho it's harmless and charming, and in a medium saturated in unoriginality, at least this is a cliche I can still enjoy.

Fairy Tail is even worse than a cliche, because it's not even just copying shonen or following an obvious format- it's deliberately cutting out everything of substance out of an already substance-strained genre to deliver a product of absolutely no originality or literary worth. It's not clever, it's not fun, it's not even memorable, it's just a constant stream of empty and contrived dramatics devoid of weight and held up only by an unending parade of fanservice and cheesecake. It's the manga equivalent of eating fried butter or cake icing out of the container- you may enjoy it in the moment, but you'd do yourself a favor just finding something else to partake in.

That FT has gotten so popular regardless is one of those phenomenons that proves to me that casuals exist, and that's coming from a guy who likes reading shonen for crying out loud.

I also felt he was out of place. Well, hope we move on with other characters.

This! So much this!

>Ill become Wizard King and prove to everyone that anyone can be awesome
>prove that anyone can be awesome
Dammit Asta. This is my dream. He yells but I have to like him. I also really like the animation style. Not bad so far.

...You want to become king of the wizards?

No I want to prove that anyone can be awesome.

> this could be a really interesting plot point
huh no thanks, it's been done a millions times and explored from every angle already. He's not that creative when it comes to world building which is why he borrows a ton of shit that has become a staple in fantasy stories like churches, taverns and whatnot.

>Arent you that pathetic brat?
>So you remember me!
Nice philosophy of ego here. I am really liking this series.

this animeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE is too gaYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Neither are worst shounen though. Worst popular shounen maybe, but even the blandest parts of Fairy Tail and all the incomprehensible yelling of Black Clover compare favorably to things like Beet the Vandel Buster.

fairy tail didn't have its first two episodes entirely made out of filler though.

>it's been done a millions times and explored from every angle already

Doesn't matter if it's been done before. It's fine as long as it's done well.

And well-grounded this series is not.

I don't think I said one was better than the other anywhere in that post. I just said they're both better than a lot of shitty shounen.

So what channel is this on at and what time? We could try watching it live.

The anime has great potential because its not toei and the backgrounds are really pretty. Watercolor type stuff looks nice

In two episodes Black Clover has established its medieval setting way better than Fairy Tail every did ever. Ill check the manga out in about an hour but so far clover is much better i think