30 years later and nothing has surpassed Honneamise

30 years later and nothing has surpassed Honneamise.

i watched this on the bus ride and some guy net to me sorta watched it with me

>watching stupid anime instead jerking each other with stranger

lame

Were you wearing earphones ?

Yeah, of course. But I mean he could still read the subtitles, which is why I said sorta.

Should've unplugged your earphones and let everyone enjoy the movie.

Maybe if it didn't have that weird rape scene

It sorta sucks. Gorgeous designs for the world, but no really impressive animation work and a really messy, tonally inconsistent story that doesn't really focus on the interesting things it has going for it or wrap anything up.

What's wrong with the animation? Character animation is alright and it has nice effects and mechanic work.

It's my favorite anime film. Still waiting on Aoki Uru.

Do you really think they'll ever make that sequel?

Surpassed in what? It didn't excel in anything.

Hell yeah I just picked up that silky blu box set.

Nothing wrong with the animation, it just "alright" like you said, not really impressive for a theatrical film of the 80s.

In terms of consistency on every critical aspect I'd probably agree with you however I still think Texhnolyze is the best anime to ever come out in any media form.

At what, weird names? Average storytelling? Random attempted rape? Almost painful VA work? Dull soundtrack? Barely present supporting cast? Unendearing uninteresting lead? Because if thats what you meant then yeah, it probably is the best at mediocrity

die plotnorms

Such anger.

Didn't it *finally* enter production this year or something?

You should enjoy things more.

The music was terrible and ruined the film for me.
Especially during the training montage scene what the fuck was that music.

Supposedly, yes. But a lot of Gainax projects have fallen through these past few years.

Surpased in what? Half of it felt inconsistent as fuck.

I think it looks really good but the story is stupid. Overambitious I think, reached for the stars but fell on its ass. Still, the rocket launch sequence is brilliant, thanks Anno.

They have had in "pre-production" since the first one came out, and have made announcements periodically since then.

Yes, supposedly they are serious this time, but I think the chance of it happening disappeared after the Gainax exodus. At this point just the director and Sadamoto are aboard the project.

I'm not mad, just disappointed

I tried, but Shirotsuggenah Laduggenah sponged any possibility of enjoyment I could have had out of the film, and there wasnt much to begin with. I hope he died in space.

I think the story hit its point pretty well. The rape scene was straight out of the intro to Les Misérables. In that light it makes sense to me.