Lain

convince me to watch this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yO4myLCfN-Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

don't, it'll ruin you.

It's pretentious and boring, so you can pretend to be deep and fit in with the fedoras on the internet. So go watch it.

It's shit

is lain only for cult otakus?

no, keep watching your seasonal isekai.

I like the idea of Lain more than the show itself. Interesting commentary on human nature and Internet usage before a time the Internet was a thing. Some may call it prophetic.

It's too bad most of the episodes mid-way through the anime are these long, soundless visual metaphors and such. If you're into visual direction and stuff you may get more out of it than me. The pay-off at the end is really rewarding. It's a show that DEMANDS multiple watches. But it's so dense that it is hard to run it back to back. I've only watched it once, may do so again so.

If there are 3 anime you should never watch it would be SEL, NGE, and LoGH. There are no anime better than these and everything you watch afterwards will be absolute shit.

I watched three episodes but then decided to put it on hold for when I'm drunk or high.

Are you an atheistic nihilist, Morty?

nope

You won't seem to understand

It's unironically deep and my heart aches from the loneliness, isolation, confusion, and loss of identity that Lain experiences.
Nakamura also nailed the themes of the contemporary worldwide web even before it existed, it's honestly spooky.
I love Lain ;_;

im atheistic nihilist, im not kidding
but i've never watched morty

I liked it for the aesthetic, we never get shows like it anymore. Didn't care much else for it.

It’s too smart for you.

you're not the boss of me

You watch it for the themes of human connections and identify with Lain as she struggles to form connections with others.

>You will never be in a relationship with a true AI

It's only like 4 hours of your life, just do it faggot.
Then when you've finished you can find out how incredible it is or find out how overrated it is. Either way you'll have something to talk about, which is better than 99% of anime you could be watching which won't have any impact on you.

We'll be there soon enough.

Here's why
youtube.com/watch?v=yO4myLCfN-Y

The Singularity is near.

It's got a fantastic atmosphere and art direction; for the first few episodes, anyway. It's very A E S T H E T I C, it's vaporwave in anime form. Sometimes I like to walk around as the sun is setting and listen to the Lain OP song and think about my life. I'm happy that the show exists.

Unfortunately I think that the concept of it is better than the execution. It sort of can't decide whether it wants to have a coherent plot or simply be an abstract art piece, and the later episodes suffer for it. Outside of a few really standout moments scattered throughout the series, actually watching it is kind of boring. I imagine that most of the people who have it on their 3x3s are only doing it to look deep and edgy.

So you'll really just have to decide for yourself. I would recommend giving it a shot to see if you like it.

No, it used to be for people who wanted to watch something different. Now it's just for memers so they can spam PRESENT DAY and cyberpunk shit.

why do you need convincing to watch something sheep

>the later episodes suffer for it
I disagree, if anything the dream-like or surreal nature of the later episodes deliberately reflect the destruction of the division between the Wired and reality by Lain.

it's honest culture

>I didn't understand it but others say they like it
>they must be pretending only to sound cool

Hmm. I think the first half of the show is actually more abstract, in a way, because it's presented as a sequence of events with no real explanation. You have Lain getting stalked by the men in black and the guy killing himself in the club and you don't know what the fuck is going on and I think it's a really cool experience. Then the second half tries to focus more on the concrete plot involving Eiri and the Knights and it kind of falls flat for me. You might be right that the second half ramps up the surrealist visual sequences though.

Whatever you decide to call it, I like the early episodes better than the later ones.

Funny, I usually see Utena as the third one.

Sounds to me like you're in eight grade or suffer from ADD. Maybe both

It's pretty good, it will make you a wannabe hacker and probably make you feel like a depressed special snowflake.

And it is actually kind of deep, if you are not into characters just talking/doing nothing and trippy imagery you are not going to like it, lots of pretentious stuff.

It also predicted Anonymous and some other internet stuff, so if you are into hacker cyberpunk future stuff, this will be you favorite anime.

There is a bunch of imageboards for hardcore neets, just talk about Lain, coding and how depressed and lonely they are.

This is one of those "You need to watch it if you want to enter Sup Forums" but honestly i don't give a shit who is in here anymore, this place died in 2014 or probably even way before, and somehow i still searching in here.