/ss/ - Secret Santa

Hey everyone, the best time of the week has arrived! Here's just a few notices to read and everything should be alright!

**There's no group to send people cards after christmas (only gifts)
**To participate in the 100+, you need to have participated with us as hosts before

**DEADLINE TO JOIN IS OCTOBER 28TH 12:00 AM PACIFIC STANDARD TIME**

Anyways, next to posts are application to join and a short FAQ!
E-mail - [email protected]

Other urls found in this thread:

posti.fi/henkiloasiakkaat/laheta/paketit-ulkomaille.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Simply fill out the below form **(COPY/PASTE)** and send to * [email protected] *
The more specific you are, the better. (Yes, Name/Country/Address is purposely repeated for card wishlist.)

Name:
FULL Address (Please look up how to correctly do this or your gift will get lost):
Wishlist (Don’t be afraid to post links like MAL, or say you like a character or series. You can be as specific or as vague as you want here, this is ultimately to help the other Sup Forumsnon in selecting a gift for you. Please don't just put "Surprise me."):

Card Wishlist (This is what will be sent to everyone who gets assigned to send a card to you. Try to keep it relatively short; A favorite character or waifu/husbando, a couple of your favorite shows, etc.):

Ship Internationally/Nationally/Continentally? (I/N/C):
If we cannot do National/Continental Shipping, will you do International?:
Price Range (Select one, Delete others):
- $0/Cards
- $10-25
- $25-50
- $50-75
- $75-100
- $100-150
- $150+
Number of cards you want to send (Up to 5):
Ship cards Internationally/Nationally/Continentally? (I/N/C):

[Grinched]Will you send a gift to someone who doesn't receive one?:
What price bracket will you do it at?:

If you have specific instructions/needs/inquiries or general questions, please specify here:

=====END COPY/PASTE=====
[TO SEND MULTIPLE GIFTS PLEASE FOLLOW THIS FORMAT, IF SENDING ONE, DO NOT USE]
Example - "I want to send 3 gifts and cards. Two of them in $25-50. One in $50-75."
You would format it like this:

Price Range (Select one, Delete others):
- $0/Cards
- $25-50 - 2
- $50-75 - 1
Number of cards you want to send: 4

If you want multiple wishlists per price range, simply send a new e-mail with
ALL OF THE SAME INFORMATION, but a different price range selected, and a different wishlist.

And last but not least a short FAQ as always!
FAQ:
>Q: What is Secret S/a/nta?
A chance to give and receive gifts from other Sup Forumsnons locally, nationally, or even globally with a bit of X-mas spirit!
>Q: Who is hosting this event?
Your friendly hosts are SantaLoli and 2 new members (to be announced). SantaLoli ran it last year with santafaggot who retired!
>Q: How do I join?
You'll need to fill out the form as specific as possible when it's posted, sending it as an e-mail to us!
>Q: Deadline to join?
OCTOBER 28TH 12:00 AM PACIFIC STANDARD TIME!!! Why? Because we need to match which takes to at maximum 1 week, and then every user needs to buy gifts, make cards and whatever else in order to ensure everything arrives on time!
>Q: Why should I trust this?
It's up to you! In the past we have had multiple successful Secret S/a/nta events hosted by us the past few years.
The average on people not receiving gifts is very very low. We even have the grinch protection program which lets
people send gifts to those who didn't receive anything at all, even after X-mas!
>Q: Can I give you guys stuff?
SantaLoli will accept stuff this year! Await a PO Box! Please don't think you owe us anything.
We do this solely because we want to, and for all of you, not for recognition. Thanks.

>I ALREADY JOINED, HOW DO I FIX SOMETHING?
A: If you need to make changes to your wishlist or address, or anything else:
please RE-SEND the application with the changes made as a REPLY to your first e-mail!
This means send the whole application! It's almost the same process as last year!
Let us know too what changes were made.

Christmas is gay

The wait is killing me.

Two more weeks.

Shame we don't get the assignments sooner, I have a week off the week after the next, would've been a great time to go gift shopping.

Alright I managed to fill the form, I think I can send it next weekend.

It's here!

Some images from the last thread.

>deciding on a wishlist
Every year.

Hat me up

This is why you write down stuff throughout the year.

>tfw in 150+ tier

Hells yeah, I'm gunna try to make my user's holidays. I tried last year, but I don't think they digged it all too much,

>just realised I forgot to mention that I already own what would be one of the most obvious gift choices for me based on what I wrote

I guess I'll have to resend my email. I hate to be a nuisance to the loli but I'd rather some user's efforts not go to waste.

Same here friend.

>tfw 3 weeks an no email

excellent.

But I need it to be shorter, not longer!

It's not gay if it's a short, feminine, wishlist.

>started filling the form after first thread
>haven't sent it yet because don't know what to list

Next weekend I'll do it, I swear!

I promise I'll submit my wishlist today

I really mean it this time

Ban everybody with a waifu, they are crossboarding fucks. Reminder to grinch any ironic weeb who lists a waifu

My friends tell me I should know my full address, what's my full address again? What's my address again?

No but seriously I mean where I am from we put the name of the street first and then the number

you beat me to it

You people are weird

Do you hate Christmas or something?

Look up the convention for writing addresses from your country's postal service.

But my waifu of ten years only has anime and manga, not even a light novel.

Luckily, I have a husbando.

>Giving my address to Sup Forums
That said, is 20-50 bucks too little or too much if one resides in Finland?

>ten years
I commend your dedication.

>tfw Husbando from such a shit series I'd probably get grinched just for that

It sure as hell ain't too much

I guess shipping alone might eat half of it then

Do not include shipping in the price. If you can't afford it, don't participate.

How much is the shipping anyways? Do most people here live in the US?

Most people live in the US, but they almost always have people in Sweeden/Denmark/the EU in general, so even if there aren't any Fins, you're not going to have to ship to the US unless you want to.
Just list yourself for national, the continental shipping.

Most people yes, but you can choose to only be matched with people from your continent, which helps a lot with shipping.

I have waited for this to die, like many other people and things, like SHiN and Strike Witches generals. I will outlive this as well.

>I guess shipping alone might eat half of it then
Threadly/Yearly reminder NOT to include shipping costs for your bracket

>wanting to ruin Christmas
man, what a bundle of sticks

Ah thanks for clearing that up.

By the way, how strong is the christmas spirit in these? Is one supposed to buy something locally and wrap it in gift paper or slap an address to amazon jp? Cards are prolly traditional kind right?

I only got card grinched for mine last year, but it does suck when for some years it wasn't an issue, then one year every Santa grinches.

Buy something on Amiami/Manda/Yahoo, wrap it and write a note or card, send it to user. Including local sweets for international giftees is good fun.

No one wants to get a package straight from amazon or amiami. Wrap that shit nigga. Make your giftee feel loved.

Lurk the thread for a while, people usually post the gifts they received on previous years.

People usually either buy locally and wrap it themselves with a card, or ship it to their place, wrap it, and then add a card and ship it.

posti.fi/henkiloasiakkaat/laheta/paketit-ulkomaille.html

Read this. The shipping costs from Finland will vary a lot, even inside of Europe. But there's been handful of spudros every year so if you write on the application that you only want to ship locally, chances are it'll work out.

T. Other finfag

Fuck never mind, he brought it up this week

Looking forward to the assignments and for your cards Sup Forumsnons. I don't even care if nothing gets shipped, I just want cards straight from the heart

AYO HOL UP

you tellin me all i gotta do is sign up the

what if proteins are found on your card?

You know that's actually a good idea, I should check for international shipping costs because there's no way I'm giving anything to these fuckers

Aaaaand Jesus titfucking Christ this is a fucking lot, I know our money is basically worthless but this is insane. Too bad hypothetical user who was about to receive the best card ever (It was gonna be awesome I had it all planned it was gonna be an adventure with multiple endings) but you'll have to be happy with someone elses card, unless I win the lottery (unlikely) or my country's money worth suddenly increases (even more unlikely).

Wash your hands after touching the card?

No gibs for you, greedy nigger.

It's the thought that counts, I guess

>Finally got confirmed for the $100-150 bracket.

I'm excited. My assignments can't come soon enough. November is going to be a busy month.

Anybody else considering shopping locally, I have some spare manga volumes lying around and a few good shops at the mall with anime shit. I will buy online if I don't see stuff I think they'd like though.

it's already this time of the year, hugh? Seems like I wasted another year for nothing

I try sometimes, but normally I can't find stuff locally without driving an hour away to a large city. Even when I did this in previous years the stuff I found was either used or pleb tier shit that wasn't on my assignments lists.

Never. Their prices are hilariously noncompetitive against Japanese stores or RapeBay even with faster methods of shipping added into the equation. Another nail in the coffin is that some of these foreign stores are of course willing to undervalue to save on sales tax.

Think the handful of stores here really just prey on the chumps that don't know eBay, Mandarake, Amiami and stuff actually exist.

Would anyone be upset if I gave them a gift+10 packets of ramen

Do you people gift lewd stuff to eachother?

Sounds good to me

I mean, if the gift minus the ramen met or exceeded the bracket you're in, I don't think so. I wouldn't include $1.00 worth of ramen as part of the main "gift" though.

le poor Sup Forums meme.

You'd be surprised how many white collar professionals there are in the r/a/nks. Engineers, doctors, accountants, lawyers whatever. As one of them I'd just chuckle given the unnecessary shipping cost you must've paid and give it away.

ditto, I'd be in the max tier if I was allowed to

Just because you're rich doesn't mean everyone doing this is

How good are you guys at time management? I struggle at the end of the year with my normal stuff so it's probably dumb of me to want to do this too. Any advice?

I have a PhD in doing nothing

There's a surprising number of anons who say they're still getting stuff shipped out into December. Most seem to be on top of it and have everything brought in, and mailed out by December 1st.

Personally, I only struggle with making the cards. They're normally the last things I finish and they take forever because I want to put a lot of work into them; more than I probably should really.

If you're worried about your time management, consider some of the lower price tiers. This normally means it's easier to get stuff (since there's generally less of it) and then get it out in a timely manner.

Some do. If you want something be sure to put it in your list. If you want to send something, be sure to get the okay from your assignment by emailing the santas and having them forward the question.

Being contract faculty must be suffering. Go tenure, fancy administrator or go home.

I've never done Sup Forumss SS before but on /toy/ they set shit up way too late and even then I get my stuff mailed out in plenty of time. You just have to make sure you order up your gifts ASAP

>or go home.
Already there

What's wrong with shipping stuff out during December? Even if you're shipping to the other side of the world it won't take too long to reach your user.

...fuck you

do best cat now

Engineer here. I usually just sign up for cards. Since I could just buy myself whatever I want, I think it is more meaningful to get a nice hand made card. I'm planning to give the poverty bracket a try for the first time this year to see how it goes. I will do my part to supply a good present to whoever I get.

Last year I shipped to an user in Mexico. I shipped at the end of November and it took 3 weeks to get to him. As the holiday season ramps up, shipping companies get really busy. We want to make sure all user's have their presents to open on Christmas day, even if they have to wait and look at them for a couple weeks.

Only because I like you user.

Not a problem if you're willing to pay for expedited shipping. But the closer it is to Christmas crunch time the higher shipping tier you may need.

The only problem is that things have a higher chance of being lost or delayed in the Christmas rush if you wait too long. Last year a card I sent got stuck in customs and didn't make it in time for Christmas and may not have ever made it. The year before that I had a card sent to me sit in my local post office for over a month after the sender paid extra for express shipping (It was a Yama no Susume card shaped like Fuji. I still appreciate it since it was all my posts office's fault if you happen to be here user).

I'm shipping half a box worth of condoms out with my cards, I don't bother with them anymore.

I'm only doing cards so I guess I don't have much to worry about. I want the art to look nice so I'm just afraid I'll be too slow with it.

Bestow upon me the gift of autism, or at least the methods to harness it. I watched Tekkonkinkreet earlier on six tabs at the library and if the autistic shrieking that occurs throughout the entire film wasn't enough to instill a sense of fear into every orifice in my body, the chimpiness of the two main characters certainly did. After seeing children fall out of ten story buildings and brush it off to continue their eternal struggle against the Indian employed Japanese Jewish hybrid Turbinators in the gentrified streets of Tokyo, clearly there is something in the water other than fluoride. After necessary research, I found that the closest case in human history that I could find was Terry Davis, a man who had harnessed his autism to speak to the Lord. Not quite what I was looking for when I consulted the shrine of Yoshimitsu, but if there's any man that is close to activating his Sharingan, it's this guy. I've taken all the preliminary steps to sharpen my autism to a katana like consistency but it doesn't seem to be enough to keep God from shouting racist slurs into my ear or for gentiles imitating their masters with their noses replaced with dovetail saws skewering my wallet. If I have to endure the niggardly presence of another shit eater measuring the distance of his schnozz to my bank account with a tape measure, I think I'm going to insane.

If correctly honed, I think I could produce a gift for my /ss/ of unparalleled caliber but it will take a little advice and enough faith to move mountains.