Damn they really don't make em like they used to. Watching this for the first time is awesome

Damn they really don't make em like they used to. Watching this for the first time is awesome.

What happened to fans of actual anime? Not the usurpers that just want uguu. Did they all die?

20th century anime thread.

Yeah, episode 24 is a visual spectacle.

>implying anime existed before Sword Art Online

Fans of actual anime like both.

I love the depth of color in OS. Like the shots in space with glowing nebulas and backgrounds, it's really something.

> What happened to fans of actual anime?
You're already among them, or do you think the definition of anime has changed?

Now if you want to talk about pre-2000s stuff, go here:

The premise of this thread is stupid because outlaw star is overrated garbage and there are many great series past the year 2000

were gradually going away, the new animes alienated the old fans, and they are going away, replaced by new fans, who will eventually follow the same path

What people like you fail to recognise is that there are plenty of people who enjoy anime from all eras of the medium and across all genres.

This.

I tend to think people like that would make posts like OP quite often aren't really fans of anime at all but really just fans of certain types of sci-fi that happened to have slightly more prominence in anime at a certain relatively brief time in the history of the medium.

>animes
Your opinion was already dumb enough too.

That's like saying LOTR fans like the original saga and the Hobbit, or Star Wars and the prequels.

Exactly. I was certain this was a bait thread because outlaw star in on toonami now. There is no way someone unironically made a thread for 'fans of actual anime' with Outlaw Star in the OP.

Outlaw Star is probably better than whatever gay anime you like.

>on toonami = bad

You're trying too hard to fit in.

How does it feel to be 16 with 50 anime under your belt?

>I'm a patrician anime watcher I've seen 200 anime wherein cute girls do cute things

I wouldn't describe myself as a lover of film if I liked a very specific type of niche film that was released for a short period of time relative to the history of the medium and thought the rest of it was garbage.

Surely the truer lover of film would be someone with a broad knowledge and appreciation of film throughout the mediums history rather than someone who likes one specific type of film and dismisses all the other types mostly without having even watched them?

Just saying, Outlaw Star is a really ironic choice for trying to act elitist towards an era of anime. It's probably one of the most underwhelming, disappointing anime I've ever seen. The first 3 episodes are movie quality and absolutely amazing. Then its 20 episodes of much lower budget filler that is entirely forgettable. Maybe OP just started and is in the honeymoon hilda phase, but it starts to drag really fast. Genuinely surprised someone uses Outlaw Star as an example of 'dont make em like they used to.'

Anime used to be melancholic as hell.
Last anime I can remember that made me feel like that was Madoka.

Nah, Outlaw Star is great.
You're just as annoying as OP with your hot opinions.

While cels are better, that image just shows that the modern approach uses next to no shading when it comes to characters. The background looks good, the tree is detailed, yet you come to the person and it's almost completely flat.

>Yeah, episode 24 is a visual spectacle.
I pulled it up cause of you. I'm about to rewatch my favorite series ever, again aren't I?

>If you like new anime then you can't like older anime and viceversa!
Its funny because the ones who hold these kind of opinions are usually newfags who only watched two or three popular older anime such as Outlaw Star and start complaining like they know everything.

>Yeah, episode 24 is a visual spectacle.
This is the moment after the OP. God damn >163516455 may actually be right. They just don't make anime like this anymore. It doesn't exist anymore.

>all that QUALITY
man the character art sure was an inconsistent mess

>What happened to fans of actual anime?
They watch mature anime only, but it's logical sine they themselves are mature people.

You're god damn right it was inconsistent as fuck

f(ourth)pbp

>animes
You need to leave.

We don't really use cels anymore because it's simply so much more expensive than the alternative, not because it looks better.

You could also like both but just prefer old anime in general. I doubt there are many people who hate EVERYTHING that happens to be post 1999.

The other user was right.

Most of the people on this board have seen less than 100 shows, most of which were probably shit

I love Outlaw Star OP, but you don't need to be such a fucking faggot.

fans of animation killed themselves making animation

now there is only fans of anime

Did they throw some scrunched up cellophane over the cels to get this effect?

No, that is just 90s cgi. Ever hear of Zoids?

No, he's right. It is bad. He may be too hard to fit in, but you're not trying hard enough.
Lurk more or fuck off.

May be right. Episode 24, is very visual appealing.

I like all anime but I have to say I certainly prefer pre2000s and some anime between then and 2005 or so. Newer anime seems more like an attempt to make money off of retards who eat up anything with cute/sexy girls In it rather than actual attempts at a good show or manga

This, fanservice killed modern anime. It's not that there aren't any good ones coming out now because there certainly are but in the 80's 90's and early 00's the fanservice was toned way down and it wasn't in every fucking show.

Yes anime used to be pretty damn dark at one time.

*tips sailor cap*