Pandering to secondaries who just want the Servant gimmick, with "action and quirky characters"...

Pandering to secondaries who just want the Servant gimmick, with "action and quirky characters", has really killed what I actually enjoyed about Type-Moon. And it's a waste of good worldbuilding in a trash game.

Other urls found in this thread:

tsukikan.com/tmdb/
youtube.com/watch?v=ROEd8QV-mVI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

who are you quoting?

i dont care. post tsukihime

Don't be this much of a hipster. Fate/Stay Night was good too. They went to shit later.

I actually liked Mahoyo more than KNK.

My Jap isn't good enough for Mahoyo, but I really want to read it.

I really enjoyed original fate, and hell I even liked Zero. Extra was the only thing I marginally enjoyed from type moon and even that was a downgrade in quality.

Where would you take the type moon universe if you had a say?

Start with actually finishing the Tsukihime remake.

Original Fate is: Fate/stay night, Fate/zero, Fate/hollow ataraxia, and Fate/unlimited codes.

Fate/Extra series is: Fate/Extra, Fate/Extra CCC, Fate/Extra CCC FoxTail, Fate/Extella

When I say fate Extra I specifically mean the first game. I don't know much about CCC, from what little I do know about it it's okay. I don't care for Extella at all.

Are there any other Fate series?

Unfortunately. I guess Prisma Illya is fun for what it is though.

Yeah, losing the simplistic yet intriguing character designs, influenced by retro gothic lolita etc, the newer stuff doesn't capture that aesthetic. I'm not describing it that well but it's how it feels to me.

It says a lot when wikipedia does a better job than the TM wiki.

Fate/Zero isn't canon it's a side story written by Urobutcher.
However, FGO IS canon.

It gets worse: tsukikan.com/tmdb/

Is FGO a series of things or is it just 1 game?

>FGO IS canon

Yes, FGO is canon.

Heh

>FGO is canon

I don't like it either, but it is what it is unfortunately.

It's also a different series that doesn't really affect the original Fate, so does it really matter.

Just in case you weren't aware: Nasu, Takeuchi and Urobuchi have worked on Fate/Grand Order so it IS INDEED TRULY canon.

I know, but it hurts inside everytime I think about that.

>FGO is canon

Fate/Zero is also canon and the best Fate related material. You only hate it because of secondaries.

>no archa
>best fate related material

Why the fuck does it matter if it's canon or not?

I see more people on Sup Forums whining about secondary bogeymen and apparitions than I do actual secondaries.

archa's dad?

>and the best Fate related material.

You meant to say Grand Order, which is 100% canon AND the peak of TM, right?

It shatters my illusion that Nasu and Takeuchi can do anything right anymore.

Because FGO is just that bad. It's better off as some kind of side game for the fans.

Shiki Ryougi > cheap male rip off

FGO is Fate. Everything else is just a well to draw characters from to feed the sacred cow.

What side games aren't canon?

super type moon wars
tiger coliseum

Nothing to do with how canon it is. If it was a sidegame, would your opinion of the authors be any different?

Why not like both?

Well I mean most of the time cellphone games based off of a series, if they have a story mode, tend not to be canon.

Yeah, I would think it would just treat it as a cheap cash in and not a work that's meant to be taken seriously by the authors.

FGO is very serious and is canon.

FSN HF movie even references it.

Yeah and it's also shit. That's the problem.

Keep Servants in Fate stories, but balance them out with equally interesting Master characters, that get their own unique fights, powers, and development.
Other than that, do stuff that isn't Fate and that doesn't rely on the Servant gimmick to sell. Hopefully the intent of the Tsukihime Remake is to renew that side of the Nasuverse, so more stuff about the DAAs and the Church can be explored in their own stories, rather than as cameos/background in Fate shit.
And most of all, leave mobage as the cashgrabs they are, with some cool extra lore for the people who bother to play them. But the "main project" for Nasu really should be an actual high budget VN, or at least LN series.

Its 1 game that has the MC who becomes the Prince of Magis who fucks Void (Shiki) pussy traveling throughout distortions in the World Line to correct them and kill the incarnation of Humanities evils.

Archetype Earth is next on the list of people to get the Self-Insert dick of GO with the Grand Order x Tsukihime Event.

Because she is the best.

Servants have always been the most interesting part about the Nasuverse, with its mage and vampire lore being the worst developed.

> FGO is a whale research project
Fixed.

>Servants have always been the most interesting part about the Nasuverse

And in another route:
>Servants have always been the least interesting part about the Nasuverse

Shiki is a welfare servant

At least she ain't a wagecuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=ROEd8QV-mVI

No one fucking cares.

lol
>unironically using lol
I should kms.

The worldbuilding is the best part desu desu.

What the fuck are you on dude? The vampire side of the lore is easily the best part. It's essentially World of Darkness: Weeb edition. Heroic Spirits and the Throne were interesting and original ideas, but have been ran into the ground by hack writers that Nasu foolishly allowed to get their hands on his IP. Those same hacks are now trying to ruin the rest of the Nasuverse through FGO, and Nasu is just letting them so the shekels can flow.

He was just quoting and switching around a post from another thread. There probably are GOfags who unironically believe what he said though.

What's a truth no one wants to hear?

>It's essentially World of Darkness: Weeb edition
Holy shit I never thought of it like that

>tfw we could've had a VTMB like game set in the nasuverse with church shenanigans and clock tower politics

Urobuchi loved Tsukihime, and added references to the Church and Clock Tower in Fate/Zero, for the fans.

Were they good?

>were they good?
What do you mean?
The Dead Apostles in Kerry's village as a result of his dad's weird method of reaching the Root, and Borzak the BEES vampire were both pretty fucking cool, yeah.

>Shirou
>Average high school student
I know it's bait but could a bit effort be put in?

I'm just glad that someone else shares this sentiment and not everyone just followed blindly nasu like he's some sort of King Midas of storytelling
Its really disgusting to see people that bragged nonstop about "read the vn" to every newfag to gobble down the shit typemoon defecated in their direction with a complete and shameless disregard to any form of brand integrity and respect a producer with such humble origins should have towards the people that believed in them since the beginning.
Typemoon is the most offensive case of niche production selling its ass off to make big money and zero content in recent history, and I can't forgive something like that

Damn it now I want to play a nasuverse themed world of darkness campaign.

Why are you posting Mashu then, you fucking faggot. Your game is literally the reason none of the Nasuverse's potential as Japanese WoD is being explored, and they instead settled on "gambling for myth and history as hot girls and boys" that secondaries flock towards.

>t.hater

I googled world of darkness expecting a novel I could read, am now thoroughly disappointed

>Doesn't know about WoD
The absolute state of Sup Forums

>tabletop larping is in any way related to anime

What?

You should play the Vampire: The Masquerade RPG if you ever get a chance. Shit is prime. Just need to install the patch to remove the 10 million bugs the game launched with.

Calm down buddy just because I post her doesn't mean I love how fate GO is and the troubling future of type moon if the tsuki remake fails. She's in there with a bunch of other random anime girls I have and jerk off to.

Why does everyone look like generic Japanese outside of the main characters

I'm not a tabletop LARPer either, get some culture.

That's because secondaries on Sup Forums hide under the veil of being HFags

"I just can't BELIEVE Nasu is working on the game that has made him ten times the money his other works ever could"

t. butthurt Rhino

Welcome to anime. To be fair, most of the main characters technically aren't Japanese. Shirou and Sakura both have weird hair colors because of magic. Rin looks normal.

It made him money because it's a worthless gacha cashgrab based on an already extremely popular franchise. He didn't even need to get involved himself. Meanwhile the Tsukihime remake fucking rots.

That's Cygames ever since they got in trouble with the Japanese Government.

He realized what the most successful path is and that's selling to the majority and not a dying scene like the VN scene

Deal with it Turkeyhandlefag. FGO is the future of TypeMoon now.

Good. That's acceptable.

Takeuchi did and he's a better businessman than Nasu which is why he's CEO of type-moon. Nasu just thought a pvp browser game would make them mad dough but Takeuchi insisted otherwise

Akiha raid her looks better

Sure, shame it cost him the ability to make good stories all by himself and instead requires him to let other authors and artists rape the franchise's mangled corpse to get in on the money. And it took away all of the charm and originality his previous successful works had, instead riding on the Servant gimmick for a market with even lower standards than VN fans.

>Appears in the short story that acts at the contextual prelude to F/GO
>Is nowhere to be found in the kusoge whale mobage
I'll keep on waiting for Nasu to do something with her. No matter the platform, I'll take anything.

>pvp
there is none

holy shit i'm tired

type moon was never good

Which is why Takeuchi stepped in and got his drinking buddies to develop the mobage instead of what Nasu wanted.

What did you mean to say?

Wait. FGO was supposed to have PvP?

What was Aniplex's role in all this?

To be honest, FGO and Prisma are blatant pandering for yuri and waifu faggots.

The original idea for what became F/GO became Apocrypha, which was meant to be a MMORPG.