Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau

soon

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si/view/969489
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I totally forgot this aired desite it being one of my top 5 anime this season. Hope it happens before 4 AM here.

>[Asenshi] Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau - Children of the Whales - 02 [3761B9AB].mkv
>nyaa.si/view/969489

This episode was so sad even the delicious pet is crying.

>[Asenshi] Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau - Children of the Whales - 02 [3761B9AB].mkv

!!!

Nice

Thanks for the subs

I love this show

Goddamn I love this anime season, fuck all the haters

Thanks for the subs

characters are WAY too sexually neutral (even for anime standards), it's walking into steven universe territory.

Well, the gems of Houseki no Kuni look pretty much like girls and they actually are gender neutral so this anime here isn't the only weird thing this season.

Ded childhood friend

>characters are WAY too sexually neutral
What?

I mean,they're clearly stated. It's just the author's shojo manga stylings going way too far.

I think you're maybe just blind

He's talking about their physical appearance.

But you can pretty clearly tell them apart.
The hardest is Sami and she's prepubescent

This totally flew under my radar. Is it actually good? Please enlighten me mangafags

yes.
watch it for the art style if nothing else.

Nice, although my daily routine wouldn't mind if you took 15 hours more.

I'm not a mangafag but even judging from the first 2 episodes: it's real fucking good.

>Gintama, Kujira no Kora, Kekkai Sensen and Mahoutsukai no Yome as AOTS contenders
>barely anyone on Sup Forums watching any of those
This is giving me a Shinsekai Yori feeling.

feels kinda like nausicaa a little bit

Shin Sekai Yori is at least between the top 25 of the decade. If it gives you the same feeling then it must be good.

I wonder if she really died?

The nous ("mind" in Greek) are an interesting concept. Despite being used for apparent emotion removal, they're clearly a method of storage of memories and feelings. Rather than being a source of how to control thymia easily, they were probably originally meant to be used as a way of preservation. In that way, they seem very similar to Chakuro.

And then we have the people from Skylos, a different ship. Why would they wear scary, jester-like masks if not to induce fear? They use black thymia themselves, but what's the purpose? I wonder if in the wars outside the groups fighting just try to make each other go out of control with some kind of emotion, and fear is the easiest to induce.

The ending though was the coolest part. With Chakuro's narration saying his records end here, and thus starts his personal diary. Especially since last week I was talking about how writing without emotion is unique. You could say that him stating he wasn't made to be an archivist was foreshadowing for this.

Resolves the triangle fast, doesn't it.

I wonder if that has something to do with how they suppress emotion during funerals. Could be they're trying to cover their tracks. Then again the whole island showed emotion at the same time during the foreshadowing locust flight so I don't know.

>Light up beautifully
>"Go on a journey"
>Actually die

That was a not so subtle metaphor.

tried to stitch this from the op

It's lovely, thank you.

Is this 13 episodes series? Heard that this one is at 10 volumes and counting.

So Sami's dead, huh?

> They use black thymia themselves, but what's the purpose?
I do find it interesting that they have thymia (making the sub fly) but end up fighting using mundane weaponry. I guess it makes some sense given how strenuous constant thymia usage seems to be, though.

So the reason Lykos didn't tell the Elders when they first met her that their island is fucked is because she hadn't regained emotions yet?

she was crying in the first scene she shows up in so i dont think thats it

>.si

Which is the background studio?

>first episode has really clumsy exposition
Is it always going to be like this? One of my worst pet peeves.
I enjoyed it otherwise.

Ep2 has some expo but its a lot less clumsy

too pretty

The second episode is a lot better than the first one.

I wish this manga was translated. I binged the 9 volumes in chink but even if I didn't understand anything, things looked really interesting.
Someone translated chapter 6, which is what happens after this second episode.
Also everyone is gay for Suou

Asenshi is subbing this? Despite knowing nothing about it, I'll give it a try. I really liked their effort on LWA.

Except when Taisha was talking about how the council of elders worked. As if the guy didn't already know that shit.

The worst things about episode 2 were the exposition (which ep 1 had more of anyway) and building up this tsundere relationship thing only to kill Sami off immediately which just felt a bit lazy to me. Not that I'll miss her if she's actually dead.

Not a perfect show by any means but still quite interesting. Gorgeous as hell too.

>yfw no perfect idol in this sandnigger

Asenshi translation is a crap with forced localization. FLSnow did a much better job.

This thing is giving me shin sekai yori vibes. It looks like no one knows it exists though.

Thank you mister netflix. Saving anime once again.

What in God's name are you talking about?

>forced localization
Best not to respond at all, I think.

So this show is just Shisenaki Yori mixed up with DC's Green Lantern Lore in a desert, right?

>childhood friend status: absolutely cucked

It's listed for 12

So is the saturation of marks supposed to show how proficient they are using thymia? I feel like the darkness of the hue is also supposed to indicate intent or malice when using it.

I'd like to dwell more in the speculation but since this work is based in from manga I do not want to talk about it to some spoil the shit out of everything in future post/threads.

>the outside world is dangerous and evil
it's really hard not to think about the goddess herself when Asenshi is doing the subs.

That was great. I wasn't totally sold on the first episode but this hooked me. It's SO FUCKING PRETTY. Between this and Mahoutsukai no Yome we've got some amazingly great looking anime this season. I'm really enjoying the general atmosphere as well.

I'm going to be pissed off if Sami's not actually dead though.

So now that we know she's not evil, what was going on with not-Lykos trying to kill MC in the first episode? She was crying as well, was she just mind broken after having to bury her tribe? Had she already stopped using the emotion sucker?

Why so dead?
Other fansub-only shows have been much more popular.

See
There's a bunch of good shows being overlooked this season.

Assuming she is actually dead.

Didn't she ask the elders whether the mud whale was Falaina?

Yeah, this screenshot folder is filling up fast.

The other shows that Netflix got weren't quite as niche.

Do you think they would really kill a character off so early in the story?

Oh shit, you fucked up. Say something!

Our boy

She's deder than ded.

Hes so fucking adorable, I love it.

I refuse, started to like her. Though Lykos was also good in this episode.

Damn, flying warships powered by telekinesis are cool as heck.

And that mysterious eyepatch dude is surely up to no good.

Ahh, I see, you want some fanservice so you can call it moeshit? Fuck off.

She isn't on most of the keyvisuals. RIP.

In that moment, when she wordlessly put herself in front of Chakuro, it was like tragedy in slow motion. I could barely get a shout out of my mouth before the hail of lead bore down on them. But at least she got her wish and ended up carried in his arms.

Well, there goes that part of my folder. Should have started with Lykos instead.

I really couldn't care less about this guy's love story.

But she's a cute 42 year old.

Someone doesn't understand that the scene was supposed to describe the Chieftain's role on the mud whale and also exemplify the relationship that the community has with her.

That's nice. He still bores the hell out of me.

I'm in it for the mommy mayor.

What do you mean by this? Are you saying you can't tell if they're boys or girls?

I support his love of cakes.

>expecting comfy anime
>get ww1 era firing squad on peaceful village

i like my fantasy industrial era tech but fucking hell thats brutal

It makes me really curious about this guy. He's hanging around the island during the episode, but here he's surrounded by the masks, plus he has an eyepatch. I wonder if he's part of the defense militia on the Mud Whale.

The ED transition was perfect.

Rejoice, then. Cause she ded as well.

I want them to fuck

Series like this remind me how fucking good fantasy can be as long as it isn't the generic WoW rip-off.

Well I guess it's up to Lykos to be best girl. It's not like she has a lot of competition.

Holy shit I almost missed this gem.

>That spoiler
Goddamnit. ;_;

Is she ok?

Fuuuuuuuck.

She saved everyones ass in chapter 34 of the manga, so yes.

the first two episodes look really good, it's overall intriguing

>Ange.jpg
Oh, that's too bad.
Se was a real cutie.

I care more about this than pic related. Who approved of this exposition?

You better be lying.

There's a lot of good, understated worldbuilding. Between Sami and Suou, you can tell that being Marked or not isn't related to genetics. You have Chakuro living with other young kids after both their parents died. And then you have your image, and clearly that girl's husband died too. Despite the beginning of ep 1 showing a funeral for Benihi who died of natural causes, there's a lot of other death that's just accepted on the Mud Whale too. It stands in contrast to how Chakuro finds the graves so sad. Actually, it makes it pretty interesting to think about how one of the reasons they have no graves on the Mud Whale is to make people not think about the sorrow of death. And none of this was stated outright.