I and other Europeans here had to learn a foreign lanugage to contribute to this board...

I and other Europeans here had to learn a foreign lanugage to contribute to this board. I bet most murricans and britcucks here is unable to say a few words in other lanugage.

Why is educated population forced to take part in discussion with common idiots?

Even Musk is an African

Attached: FEC2D186-7777-49EB-AF5C-FC14558BF81C.jpg (400x400, 33K)

dont say musk is african on Sup Forums

But this is the truth

I have no idea what you want to achieve with this thread

Just to confirm a thing or two

Learning multiple languages is good for your brain, it encourages lateral thinking and helps with increasing your vocabulary in your native language. For people who are native English speakers who have no non-English speaking family members there isn't much reason to learn another language. It's a mixed bag. English is the worldwide lingua-franca so more experience with English is arguably more useful in general, but you miss out on the abovementioned healthfulness of practicing other languages. I can tell you that "Foreign Language" is a required subject in American highschools. You generally have to take 2-3 full years to graduate and the most commonly taught languages are Spanish, French, and German

>isn't much reason to learn another language

Only if you are a storage worker

try winning a war every now and then

This isn't true. Europeans have an outsized perception of the utility of multiple languages

Great emu war was even more fascinating than a vietnam one

>lingua-franca
English dominated the world so much that French no longer refers to itself, but rather English.

L'eternelle grenouille...

je parle français, mais il faut dire que le plupart des américains sont brainlets

Lingua franca doesn't refer to langue française, french language

Dans son célèbre Dictionnaire universel (1690), Antoine Furetière en donne la définition suivante : Un jargon qu'on parle sur la mer Méditerranée, composé de français, d'italien, d'espagnol et d'autres langues, qui s'entend par tous les matelots et marchands de quelque nation qu'ils soient1.

Never the less, you won't find any aussies on an emulish image board crying about choosing to communicate in Emulish.

STOP

Attached: DELETTHIS.png (202x227, 77K)

if you're into reading books learning languages is one of the most fullfilling activity to do. I know English, I'm leargnin Spanish at my Uni and I'm studying Japanese in my free time and I'm having tons on fun with it. But yes, if you onlny want to work with languages, English is fine i guess, unless you don't want to work in Asian markets off course.

everybody in the world already speaks American

Attached: 1456374271281.jpg (288x288, 21K)

Errm, > I had to learn a foreign language to post >on pol. You didn't. Why did you force me to post > on pol?
What?

we wuz SPACE KANGZ n shiet

WE WUZ

Idk we learn british enlish at school

In europe we go to shop not store

Ich habe einen grossen pullermann.

Nique ta mere connard

Du bist ein scheissekopf

This is all Anglos can, copy some foreign phrases from internet.

Sad!

Thanks for the generalization. I know how to get around in Japanese and Spanish. What's your point OP? We don't have to learn another language unless we have too. Yeah, there is classes in high school that you can take; Spanish, French, and German to be the major three. Fuck your buddy

Attached: image.gif (610x862, 277K)

It should be mandatory for a person to speak at least four languages.

>Finnish/swedish/english/russian

But we used Vietnam era tactics to win the Emu War decades before Vietnam even started.

The regular army failed to stop the Emu menace, so we employed the bogancong to hunt the bastards down with guerilla warfare tactics.

getting around means knowing how to ask where is X. That's not impressive at all

Didn't even have to copy and paste it, I did 3 years of German and it's all I can remember how to say other than counting.

I did 2 years of French and can't even remember how to count to 10, the only thing I got from French class is understanding the different colour jerseys of the TdF (our teacher let us watch it in the summer)

Data mining career uh?

You lost the emu war, check the wiki

also lets not forget that english is legitmately the most advanced human language. this is not arbitrary ethnocentrism, this is objective fact. the english language contains more words than any other spoken language and is capable of articulating the widest range of concepts

Attached: 1517971201149m.jpg (650x1024, 56K)

Da freue ich mich für dich

>american education

You know that with EU and China rising this american-centrism is going to end pretty soon

Ich habe ein groß schwanz

Not what I meant. I should've been more clear. What I mean is that I know enough to read signs and have somewhat of a conversation. I'm not fluent but I know at least 500-750 words and katakana and kanji is being a bitch for me but I'm getting there. Went to school in Texas learned Spanish there and what not. I know what I'm doing.

Attached: image.jpg (1024x796, 110K)

if you dispute my claim, please provide evidence to the contrary or at the very least a reasoned counter argument

JajajajajajaJa deutschen sind spritztinkleren

أنا أتكلم الألمانية - انظر؟

On the contrary if you claim that English language contains more words than any other language it is tour duty to prove it.

You claimed that

It's simple. English is best language. Why the fuck do you think you're speaking English, and we aren't speaking dutch or german

English is being so widespread only applies to Western Europe though, southern and Eastern Europe are not educated in it or simply do not care.

sure, here you go

Attached: Screenshot_20180311-062943.png (720x1280, 133K)

>tfw thanks to Sup Forums your english skills have improved drastically
Man, I remember being so shit in english back in school. Now I can basically hold conversations with native speaker and don't even have to stutter or think about words much.

I'm pretty sure I could survive in any english speaking country by now.

Attached: 1417203504986.jpg (480x360, 137K)

You know how some people speak cutesy to dogs? "who's a good, boy, you are, yes you are"

Look at it like that, speaking to an american or brit is like talking to a dog.

We went to all that effort to conquer the world and create the largest trade Empire known to man, then founded a colony that speaks our language and became the most powerful single nation on the planet.

When your countries do this then we'll speak your language.

You were not forced to come here or to participate, you chose to do all those things of your own volition. The idea you'd use that as a means of projecting resentment onto others only proves you've got issues and I'd suggest you fuck off and deal with your shit rather than create a slide thread.

ぼくわあめりかじんです。

>Why
either you pick a language nobody knows, and everybody has to waste their time learning it
or you pick a language some people already know, and those don't have to waste time learning it
english is the lingua franca because it's the most commonly spoken language in rich countries, minimizing the number of people who have to waste time learning another language

>EU rising

Lol

because usa and uk are jew puppet states which ganked germany with jewish bolshevits so world is now jewish

not true, younger generation most definitely speaks english

you could just be typing it all into google translate. hell, it'll translate a whole page at a time, just give it the URL. most of you have shit grammar and usage anyway (although not as bad as American rednecks, who also make abundant spelling mistakes)- may as well let the botnet do it for you and at least not sound like retards.

p.s. most of your languages sound faggy as hell.

If I was Murrican or Brit I would not care learning other languages outside of personal interest.

no better feeling than when your opponent goes silent. OP btfo. english confirmed for best language. /thread

Attached: 1451414077404.png (724x611, 100K)

Du bist ein faggot
Enjoy Hans.

And now you are becoming a colony, oh the irony.

I had a mixed experience. I've been in different eastern European countries. In Budapest for example in the city center most of people could speak a pretty good English but since they all worked in tourism business it was a must.When I went for more external areas things got harder, for some I had to use sign language.

dont talk to your betters like that, mongoloid subhuman