I liked this more than I thought I would

I liked this more than I thought I would.
What does Sup Forums think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G4FUjD_N8YU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's my favorite ghibli.

Pretty great, though I felt like the ending was extremely rushed.

The director's death was a huge tragedy. Fucked up my first post because I'm extremely sleepy.

My favorite Ghibli movie. Made me realize I have a thing for country.

I was watching through all the Ghibli movies in order and knowing the context of this film and the director's death made me enjoy The Cat Returns much more than I would have since I understood it was somewhat of an homage.

Wasn't the director of this going to be Miyazaki's successor and the fact that he died is a big reason why Miyazaki stayed in the business?

I normally don't jive with slice of life High School dramas, but Whispers of the Heart and From Up on Poppy Hill really resonated with me. Super comfy movies.

By contrast, I couldn't stand Ocean Waves since the whole thing felt so frustrating.

Too slow, nothing-happens movie. Personally I think Laputa, Nausicaa, Chihiro and most "good" Ghibli are above it.

>Pretty great, though I felt like the ending was extremely rushed.

This, absolutely. I adored the characters, and I'm not afraid to say I've only watched a handful of Ghibli films, but the only other I have seen that tops it, is Kiki's, and that's simply because its so simplistic and Slice of Life done absolutely perfect.

Also, I've never really understood why but Shizuku is just one of their most adorable protagonists. She's just truly perfect.

Speaking of the Cat Returns, I was thinking how it gives off very similar vibes to Ni No Kuni. It felt like the cat castle could have been a location in the game.

One of my favourite films

I didn't think much if it the first time, but I thought it was ok the second time. Her attitude of 'he can't be my boyfriend even though he wants to be because I'm not good enough," triggered my autism something fierce.

I like to think of The Cat Returns as an animated adaptation of Shizuku's book.

>I couldn't stand Ocean Waves since the whole thing felt so frustrating.

I could stand it because it was so short, but goddamn I wantied to kick Rikako in the overies.

I'm trying to remember how it went down.

Dude-bro keeps getting in situations with a super needy chick and he's a nice enough guy that they end up being co-dependent even though he acts totally apathetic towards her. Then the big reveal at the end is that he has the hots for her but acts stone cold because his bro called "dibs" first, even though his bro doesn't have a chance. In spite of this dude's herculean effort to not tap that, his bro ends up punching him in the face anyhow for stealing his girl.

That about right?

One thing happened, at least. They made new lyrics to Country Roads.
youtube.com/watch?v=G4FUjD_N8YU

It was okay, nothing to write home about. I could see how some people would find it really boring, but I thought it was enjoyable to watch. & Dang Country Roads is a really good song.

The most comfy Ghibli, one of the comfy anime and one of the most comfy movies in general.

Something like that, but the girl was such a massive bitch that anyone in their right mind would be more interested in starting a relationship with Adolf Hitler than her

Went to see it alone on valentine's day. Dark, completely empty, run-down theater is a small alley. Died a little bit, and not in a good way.

Just being reminded of WotH still gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside. followed by the depression

Probably my personal favourite of the Ghibli movies. Howl and Spirited Away were great too but the grounded nature of Whispers of the Heart was very heartwarming.

My only issue was the split second ending which took away a bit of it. Still, we got to see them cycle home together in the credits and a great new version of Country Roads, so not all bad.

CONCRETE ROAD

If it weren't for the ending this would've been by far my favorite Ghibli. First half of this movie is straight up 10/10 blissful perfection.

Top fuwa fuwa