Never Had Jury Duty

Have you ever had jury duty? Did anything interesting happen?

Attached: main-qimg-02df11ec0c5652239094af55ebaff030-c[1].jpg (602x297, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mK4XhR0lYlE
youtube.com/watch?v=A4HIZzNvsOk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Never got on a Jury but have been called a few times
The San Diego courthouse has a bunch of leftitis quotes on a wall by the Jury room
The worst one I remember was "The highest law of the land is to do right by man" or something like that

When i was young, meth dealing native. Embarassingly i wrote a big spiel trying to get out of it by blaming 'the system' for unfairly punishing brown people.
Didnt work, wound up convicting them.

I always thought about how have to prove you're a racist/sexist to get out of jury duty lol

Now you mention it doing the opposite of what i did may of worked. Feel like an even bigger idiot.

what would be a higher law?

courts are places of justice, not merely following the word of the written regulations (laws) that any bunch of idiots might vote through - those laws can be unjust...

They send out invitations based on voter registrarjon, I've never voted.

I'm registered to vote in a different state and still got called to jury duty in the state I'm in.

Mine got thrown out. Was crazy boring.

Got called once on a drug case where the guy was clearly guilty. Even though I'm a lawyer, I still had to whine like a bitch to get out.

How the fuck is that leftist?

I was called but got recused by the prosecution. Probably because they had too many young men already and the accused was one.

I joined the FFL to get out of jury duty. I think next time I'll just go.

It is the only true civic duty that anyone in common law countries has anymore. People that try to evade it are quite literally the most pathetic people in creation.

Attached: 1465977596071.jpg (480x480, 23K)

In France, we give justice according to the law. Judges can't do whatever they want like in Italy or in the US

I've been a registered voter for coming up on 12 years
Never called for jury duty

When called up would it be a good idea to do a Roman Salute and goose step?

Maybe if my employer allowed me time off as required by the federal government then I'd be happy to.

You say “they are all guilty”

>what would be a higher law?
The Law of God.

This

Instead of getting out of jury duty, embrace it and teach the other jurors about jury nullification (only after jury deliberation starts, of course). Our entire legal system is garbage, and jury nullification is the one exception.

Got called for State Grand Jury, was juror #1, and elected foreman of the group. We met every Friday at the state courthouse for about 5 months deciding whether cases were to continue to trial.
AMA

that's brilliant lol

As stated, did anything interesting happen to you during your time as a juror?

How can i get out of jury duty?

Im 22 and haven't been called to do it, but i hate courtrooms and have anxiety over them because i went through an ex girlfriend trying to get a restraining order in me (she failed, but the memories remain).

>You say
In France, you don't say a thing before they choose you. Then you just have to swear you will be impartial. If you don't, you go home.

You get to pay only if you don't show up.

>communist has a McDonald’s tier job
Shocking

Quit being such a communist, then.

>Have you ever had jury duty?
yes

>Did anything interesting happen?
we had a moment of drama- a new piece of evidence was discovered during the trial. it was an audio recording of the incident in question. we got the clerk to play it through several times, at maximum volume. it basically showed that a lot of the stuff the police had said was wrong (e.g. the victim was supposed to be unconscious but was clearly speaking on the recording). basically we returned not guilty because ot it.

don't be a faggot, imagine the feeling of getting to send a non-white to prison regardless of whether you think they did it or getting someone accused of a hate crime off free and winking at a fellow white brother as he walks out of the courtroom to freedom

i recently had it. it was interesting, and i learned quite a bit. i hope i get to do it again soon, but i have to wait at least 3 years. really wanted to say that he was guilty, but the cops fucked up real bad and lost the case for the state. the other guy in the same case got 6-7 years or something like that.

Attached: retrieverpup.webm (640x640, 1.67M)

Been called three times,once when I had just turned 18. The final time I sent them papers showing that I had family working for the court/police system. They never got them,and I had to go down to the court house, wait several hours then write out an application of excusal, wait longer then see a judge who would then excuse me from jury duty. How any cases get through the court system on time is a wonder to me.

A few things stick out in my memory:

>there were 23of us but really only 2 or 3 of us discussing and debating the subject matter at hand, the rest were disinterested and quiet and simply voted to indict when told to do so by us group leaders

>On more than one occasion both police and common witnesses were brought in, prosecutors gave elaborate and comprehensive presentations - but on one particular case the prosecutor simply handed us 700+ pages of court transcripts. On that case the group almost decided to not even read the transcripts and return a non-indictment just because it would have been long and boring to read through.

>Cases ranged from identity theft to impersonating an officer to huge marijuana grow ops

Other than that, it was a semi-formal environment. We were paid ~$5 per day which was a joke. We had a stenographer present at all times except during deliberations. Building was heavily guarded - police patrolling, metal detectors, checkpoints throughout the building...very secure.

Yes it was super funny. It was a civil case of Mexicano vs Vasquez. Dumb spics. They were arguing about a drain field and rent over a lot that had a trailer on it.
The jury seen that these people were both dumb spics and the solution was to separate them with no awards for damages on either side. Made the trailer owner move his trailer off the lot.

I figured the duty we were called to would have been the interesting part, but it was the interactions between personalities that made up the Grand Jury that ended up being the most intriguing part of the experience.

I've been notified a few times now, and my work simply writes a letter asking for me to be excused. I email a copy of it to the court, and I'm excused.

Attached: 1514692276695.jpg (848x848, 239K)

Mine was a muslim dude being charged with domestic violence and wrongful imprisonment of his wife. I wasn't selected for the final jury of it, but I'm assuming he lost because his lawyer wasn't very good compared to the prosecutor.

Going to church, if the thread's still up I'll be back.

youtu.be/mK4XhR0lYlE

Was on a jury for an asshole that intentionally used his truck to force a cyclist off the road. It was interesting since I ride about 3,000 miles a year, and was hit by a car, and they still let me serve on the jury. Also, over half the people on the jury, including myself, had advanced graduate degrees. I guess for the area I'm in this is fairly typical.

We found the dude guilty and he served 5 years in county lockup. He got out, promptly raped a friend, and is now serving 37 years.

I recognized the plaintiff's council as a firm I'd worked with at the start of voir dire. They continued to question me trying to use me as a ploy against the legal field itself, called a recess, judge thanked me and sent me off.

I sat on the jury of a murder trial

drunk mexican shoots his friend in the face while playing show and tell with guns
runs back to mexico
gets picked up when he sneaks back into usa
hires the worst defense team on the planet
10 soccer moms
1 racist old yankee cop
me - 25 year old user - competitive pistol shooter

try to explain that accidental/negligent discharge is a thing
take murder weapon and show how easy it would be with careless handling
tell them he still did it, but it may not have been clear murder

racist cop convinces 9 women that it had to be intentional
one female understands my argument
argue for a day
finally agree to 25 year prison sentence

after sentencing the prosecutors come back to boast about their work to the jurors.
I tell them the defense lost, they didn't win...
cold icy stares commence

jury consisted of....

>10 soccer moms
>1 racist old yankee cop
>me - 25 year old user - competitive pistol shooter

We don't have juries, just judges
It'd be pretty scary to give that kind of power to some low IQ idiots
No clue why you guys still do it

Grand Jury in NYC
youtube.com/watch?v=A4HIZzNvsOk

I had one, we had to ultimately find him not guity for a DUI because the arresting officer did a bunch of shady shit like tampering with evidence.

Prosecution attorney tried to paint a narrative of the defendant being a short-fused drunkard wife-beater. He had this strategy involving asking a question that needed very specific information in order to properly answer that he conveniently left out. The defendant tried to answer the question, but kept being asked to be more specific, or to try again - eventually culminating in the frustration of the defendant and him raising his voice angrily shaking his fist. After that happened, "No further questions". It was brilliant.

It was a shame his key witness was a fuck.

they pick 14 (2 alternate jurors)people out of 100s. this is how our country is ran, you are judged by the people.

It's the ultimate safeguard from a tyrannical state. In theory, a jury could nullify a case by refusing to convict someone of an unjust law.

I don't condone the rape, but the cyclist deserved it. You cunts need to get a better expensive hobby. You can always take up shooting while running for your cardio instead.

5 fucking times in 8 years.
All 5 times the defendant was black
All 5 times the entire jury was white, niggas don't show up for jury duty.
They called some names that sounded black, LeQuan, Shandika, shit like that but they were no-shows.

The last time I got the questionnaire I crumpled it up and flattened it out at least 30 times until it looked like antique parchment or velum.
Then I filled it out with a brown crayon, I 'm left handed but used my right hand to fill it out, looked like a retarded 6 yr old did it.
Answered all questions with 1 misspelled word

No, nothing interesting ever happened, most of the time you get sent home.

How did you demonstrate in the jury room?

Jury doesn't decide on the sentence. Try again.

Once.

>Called in to the court with about a hundred other people
>Told at the start that this is for a murder trial
>Oh Fuck
>Can't afford to take potentially months off of work, the stipend they pay you for serving on long trials is a total joke
>Judge tells us that the defendant actually cut a deal a couple days before but it was too late to issue a recall notice, so the hundred or so of who came in got to count that as jury duty
>Won't get another notice for at least another three years

Feels good man.

Attached: 1445770891299.jpg (499x499, 66K)

"TREAT ME LIKE I AM A CAR"
*runs through red lights and stop signs*
"WHY DID YOU RUN IN TO ME????"

There was a priest who told a judge he had to do mass during jury duty, the judge said “well next time you pray to god, make sure you tell him your not gonna make it”

>How did you demonstrate in the jury room?

held gun with finger on the trigger and thumb on backstrap

as I'm putting gun on table, squeeze trigger slightly

hammer drops on empty chamber

LOL. The dude we convicted hated cyclists as well. He went to a place where people like to climb. The best part was that one of his "friends" turned him into the police, and then the idiot sunk himself by trying to lie his way out of the interview with the cop.

I have an injury which keeps me from running, so you'll just have to admire my lyrca ass for the foreseeable future.

>Jury doesn't decide on the sentence. Try again.

the charge found guilty of determines the sentence.... sorry it was over 25 years ago. I've slept since then.

>called 3 times so far
>never responded, let alone show up
>likely have bench warrant against me

Attached: 1496285597307.gif (450x360, 1.52M)

no, I have a criminal record.

Also we don't got jurys anymore now, just judges. It changed this year, I dunno what I think about this

jesus are you a brainlet? what a stupid thing to do.
you get like 30 day in county and $1000 fine.
X3
great job

>niggas don't show up for jury duty.
why am I not surprised

Attached: 3e12f7a168865360c6b0de4f4df584734864a53e9c30224eb274b2c8d91abd60.jpg (600x400, 116K)

Yes. A few years ago.

It was to do with commercial mortgage fraud and perverting the course of justice.

8 defendants, 6 Muslim, 1 black, 1 white guy.

The thing lasted for 4 months.

I was the foreman.

AMA I guess.

Did you find them guilty?

Attached: sK11_3GavIw.jpg (2560x1600, 521K)

>8 years since first notice
>still walking, talking, working, shitposting freely
>not having to adjudicate tyrone's one too many grams of weed or muslim honor decapitations for $15/day
i dunno, famalam. its worked out well so far :^)

Attached: 1515274644351.gif (540x304, 575K)

All but the white guy. There was a complete press blackout for it because the counts of fraud were worth millions of pounds, and one guy was still on the run.

Funnily enough, one of the blokes who was on the jury was done for sexual harassment whilst at a train station a year or so later.

i did shit like that when i was younger. but even getting pulled over for speeding and you could get fucked. fired from your job over missing work, and paying fines for no reason.
its just unnecessary and could have been solved easily. like 40 people got up and were excused from jury duty in the first 5 minutes. i enjoyed it actually, but i only had to be there a week.

>serve on a grand jury for two weeks in NYC
>we determine indictments on over thirty cases
>every single one concerns drug dealing, unlawful possession of a firearm, burglary, or armed robbery
>almost every single defendant is black
>two weeks are almost up, I'm bummed we never got to hear a murder case
>DA comes in to present
>it's a murder case
>with a black defendant
>who killed another black guy
>over a fucking hat
I think I took a decade off my life by straining so hard to not burst out laughing in the courtroom for all those hours.

Attached: kek.jpg (199x199, 15K)

Yes, I was on a criminal case in which someone died.

It was during that process that I found out how stupid my "peers" truly were.

The process is remarkably simple: is every element of the crime proven beyond a reasonable doubt by the evidence presented in the trial.

>the evidence clearly shows the chain of events that led to the death by the actions of defendant
>one retard on the jury says she doesn't see how it's connected.

The fact that she essentially prevented him from getting a stronger sentence still bothers me.

Go do it.you might get to send a filthy nignog to prison

They don't ask questions about whether you know the parties involved? We do in voir dire.

France doesn't have a retarded law student where you have jury duty

>I dunno what I think about this
We think it's pretty gay. My understanding of most euro judges is that they are groomed straight out of law school to be judges, which are the worst kind of people to be judges.

Been kicked off every Jury I was called. I used to work in a police evidence locker so I am familiar with all eveidnece handling procedures and the shenanigans that ensue. Also I used to work for the Innocence project and studied forsenic evidence gathering techniques in Graduate school. When ever a prosecutor hears that shit I am immediately dismissed from the jury pool.

If you want to get out of jury duty, you have to show you won’t be impartial, but be a little subtle about it. For example:
>accused burglar
>I don’t know if I could impartially judge this case, someone burglarized my home a few years ago and I feel that burglary is a particularly loathsome crime. If I were a juror in this case it would be very difficult for me to put that all aside.

No, but I thought it would be interesting. 12 angry men was an interesting movie where a guilty man got off scott free because of idiot jurors.

I was a juror in a murder trial. I Chinese man killed his ex-wife during his lunch break at work. The 3 kids came home from school to find their dead mother. We convicted him, and ironically the man said thank you to all of us as we were walking in to give the judge our verdict.

I got a letter once calling me into jury duty. It was from the city I used to live in before I moved to go to uni so I just checked the box on the back that I couldn't go because I was a student and I never heard anything since.

Now that I'm out of school and working I kinda want to try it out.

Back