Why don't we have more anime with an old man MC?

Why don't we have more anime with an old man MC?

I can't self insert to old man

Because the world left behind them long ago. We are the future

You can't self insert yourself into a teenager half your age either considering that they're not really mature by then

>he thought the MC was the old man
lol can't wait for the real MC to appear in chapter 2. Also the shitstorm when he kills the 4/2channers.

Wasn't he the antagonist?

Because most anime is made for high schoolers and for grown otaku still mentally in high school.

Nobody likes old men. Except for Tohsaka Rin

Most MCs in Anime, Manga and VNs are teenagers since majority of the fanbase have a lot of repressed, unresolved issues (little to no friends, still a virgin, boring high school experience, etc.) during their genital stage which leads to the fixation to regress and self-insert as one. It comes with the mindset: "If I could only relive my high school days..." hence a lot of school setting in Anime.

TOP KEK

THE ADVENTURES OF GRUMPY JII-SAN
Featuring annoyed mountain hikers being pestered by his quality reviews.

>antagonist
>saved the Earth
Anyway MC doesn't really mean you're the good guy just like Death Note. It only means you're the main focus which is the teenager instead of the old man in this case.

you are lucky to get a live action series with an old man as MC this century let alone an anime one to be honest.

Why don't we have more anime with shitty CG? Oh wait.

What the fuck is this self-insert shit that I have seen people throwing around these last few years?
It sounds like the most retarded thing I have ever heard

>What the fuck is this self-insert shit that I have seen people throwing around these last few years?
Nah, quit lying. You newfag.

We do have several old people MC over the years

I don't understand it either. It seems that for some people nowadays it's difficult to enjoy a series if they can't self insert in the MC. They're so insecure.

What a shame.

I want a show where an old man plays the following roles.

>MC
>Love interest
>Rival

It's set in a retirement home.

>It's set in an elementary school.
FTFY

antagonist can redeem themselves.

>Also the shitstorm when he kills the 4/2channers
Can't wait

local old man realizes the point of do androids dream of electric sheeps better than blade runner

Tumblr influence.

The problem is will you and enough of others pay for it.
The answer to that, as shown by the failure of several similar shows in the past, is no.

Repeatedly.

Despite supposedly being richer than young people, old farts don't shell out money to entertainment catering to old farts

>It's set in an elementary school

In his head in the retirement home. The loli he thinks he is chasing is actually 89 years old.

Is this bait?

Because old people are gross.
They should all just die.

WARNING
OLD MEN

because of self inserts

Electronic old men and their flexibility

But he is not old man MC, he is basically terminator with old man skin

You will become too someday you know

You're young and you're gross. You should just die.

Not if he kills himself before that, which he probably will.

Because the manga had underwhelming sales

And then I'll die.
Nature is wise.

Looks like so many Old Man triggered on this thread

How is it bait when it's just the truth?

Better question:

Why don't we have more anime with College aged characters?

>need to self insert to watch an anime

There your problem

You don't need to self insert, then we are in agreement.
There isn't any need for old men protagonist in anime.
After all, you don't need to, right?

>self-inserting is a recent thing
>you have to be insecure to self-insert
>Sup Forumsnons started self-inserted due to tumblr influence
>any of these being true

They're really outnumbered.
I think it's because they probably think adults' lives are not as interesting as teenagers'.

(Funnily enough both Inuyashiki and pic related are animated by MAPPA.)

Well i dont self insert for any mc i may relate to them in certain traits

I cant relate to accel world mc yet i enjoy the anime more then Sao

So?
That's no reason to have an old fart starring as a main character, especially when nobody paying for it, not even actual old farts.
Teenagers and young adults are fine as stars then since you only need to relate and those actually sell well to its intended audience.

The tumblr influence one is bullshit, but
>>self-inserting is a recent thing
Not so recent but it's become annoying and a widespread mentality
>>you have to be insecure to self-insert
There are high chances a miserable life leads you to seek pleasure in self-inserting

>College age
>Adult
lol

The guy was still in college and graduated during the timeskip in episode 1.

Its better then the generic isekai black hair black eye look
Also the old man is what made this manga good not the edgy generic school boy

He wasn't edgy.

guys its just a nice story about an old father. relax for god sake.

Should I read the manga or just watch the anime?

Ok sure It dont matter anyways he still ruined the manga for me

it's why there are literature classes in schools, they are supposed to develop your ability to read shit from the third point of view, without associating oneself with the protag, antagonist, protag's love interest, best friend and so on. Basically they told you you are a primitive reader.

If you can't wait, just read it. That's what I did and I don't regret it. The artwork in the manga is probably better than the anime anyway.

I liked the idea, but he's just so damn dull.
It seems like it parts are a homage to Ikiru, but Ikiru had a more interesting MC even initially.

So... Tumblr btfo?

I don't want anime with old men for the sake of having an old man protagonist. As long as the series is well written, it could have a transvestite Australian aborigine for all I care.

>There isn't any need for old men protagonist in anime
Sure but it would be interesting

I hate when shows make really shitty episodic villains that are comically and unbelievable sadistic.

>A group of seemingly normal teenagers, murder an old man with a bat and they don't even appear bothered in the slightest.

Just really lazy writing, like come on.

>webm
I don't get it, however I agree with what you said.

>A group of seemingly normal teenagers, murder an old man with a bat and they don't even appear bothered in the slightest
>comical and unbelievable
Must be nice living in your parent's basement.

Add black in there and it becomes realistic

>1080p webm
How can you be this new.

is he really dead?

>they are supposed to develop your ability to read shit from the third point of view

From the point of view of where you wouldn't give a shit?

That stuff is for legit aspies user.

The only other related Japanese material I can think of is the short lived comedy shounen manga from 1989 called Cyborg Jiichan G. I'm not well versed on Japanese cinema but I'm sure there are some old farts kicking some ass in a warring states period setting.

There's a long running comedy manga/anime about a manchild police officer in his 30s who keeps trying to come up with get rich quick schemes.

I love series where the hero is an older guy and the villain is a younger guy

>there are people on Sup Forums who don't self insert

Why the fuck are you even here?

There was. That ended this year.

Yeah Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen Mae Hashutsujo. I think it ended last year. It's not bad but I wouldn't consider the character old near as much as the series. Hell, man, I'm in my 30's so I would rather see fun ojiichans doing crazy stuff than ojisans.

I know, but protags that are even in their 30s are so rare they may as well qualify.

Moral of the story? Young people are dicks and cruel old people are nice and friendly. Seems pretty accurate to me.

True. If we're going to lower the bar to just not guys in their teens or twenties you have the MC from Oyaji. A supreme specimen of a man everyone should aspire to be.