Uru in Blue (2018)

>Uru in Blue (2018)
>Production (finally) started at June 2017
>Directed by Hiroyuki Yamaga (Abenobashi Maho Shotengai, Mahoromatic)
>Character design by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (Evangelion, Nadia, FLCL, .hack//)

Will it bring back GAINAX to its former glory or are they beyond salvation anyways?

Cautiously optimistic. I'd love to see Gainax return to glory but I don't think they have any passion left after so many failures, sell-outs, and staff cuts. Still, as long as it's not another uguu moe~ show, I'll give it a shot.

I've seen this shit being announced year after year since I started being interested in anime like 17 years ago. It's like the Duke Nukem Forever of anime.

It's probably going to have lots of CGI.

If the Blade Runner sequel could be as good as it was then I don't see why this can't be good. The original is painfully underrated. That being said, I don't know how much faith I have in anyone working in the contemporary anime industry.

Aren't they working on magical girl anime?

>It's probably going to be mostly CGI.
FTFY

>he project team members are also meeting production companies for potential collaboration in Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, South Korea, and the Middle East, aiming to release the final anime worldwide in 2018
>Taiwan, Singapore, South Korea, and the Middle East
>Instead of the typical Japanese production committee, Uru in Blue will be produced by Uru in Blue LLP, a limited liability partnership comprised of various investors and partners. This LLP is based in Singapore, and they are currently seeking investors for a 40M$ budget

uh-oh

More like Half Life 3

about fighter pilots with some scifi element, I'm probably gonna enjoy it even if it turns out complete since I rather like when a show focuses on jets plains/dogfights/ etc. things like the old Area 88 OVAs and the times when Macross has the odd episode or two when they focus on the Valkyrie jets for once.

>Character design by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto
Finally, I thought he was dead

I'm not holding my breath.

>If the Blade Runner sequel could be as good as it was
hmm, ive been avoiding Sup Forums, is it actually a good sequel?

Oh shit, is this set in the same universe as Royal Space Force? If so, I cannot fucking wait. Even if it isn't, I'm loving its aesthetics and am keeping tabs on this. Holy shit, man- dat jet.

It's a Villeneuve movie before a sequel, so yes, it's great, as Villeneuve's other works are also great. He does his own thing and excels at doing said thing. Go watch Sicario.

Madoka 2 will be the HL3 of anime at this rate

This has been in "pre-production" since 1992...

Gainax was never good

Please dear god.

It can't be worse than triggershit at least

17 years hand-drawn?

>hand-drawn
Yeah right, bitch.

Uru in blueline

It'll probably be shit. Which makes me sad as Royal Space Force is one of my favorite Films.

It's a fantastic film in its own right.

Wings of Honneamise was the best thing to come out of Gainax, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Nothing is worse than triggershit

Honneamise wasn't even that good, and almost all of the talent at Gainax is gone.

What happened to Gainax anyway? Why did they suddenly just disappear?

It wasn't sudden.

Otome function will be released before it.