BONES studio

>rake in big bucks making amazing adaptations of shonen manga
>spend said bucks on original anime that crashes financially and critically

Is anyone expecting anything good from AICO Incarnation? Or is it just going to be another Captain Earth?

>spend bucks on original anime
Based Bones.

I think they're still in the red circa 2014 (though that was a really bad year for them) but they're not operating on a loss like Manglobe were for years just debt from when the studio was first formed.

>Space Dandy ended 3 years ago
>In January next year, it'll have been 4 years since it started

My Hero Academia had to have helped, right?

Well they were paid to animate it but they probably don't get anything from merchandise sales where the series is currently doing extremely well at unfortunately this also means that they probably didn't get anything from Kekkai Sensen which was their second highest selling show.

Oh shit they got out!

I wish we would get more of these well-animated, original Bones series, even if they have bad endings half of the time. I'd take more Captain Earths, Star Drivers and Heromans over isekai and LN adaptations.

>Fujo Straydogs
>Kekai Sensen
>Hero Academia
Dunno about MOB though. But at least their latest series are not all flopped.

It gave them another breath I guess.

Wasn't the first Kekkai Sensen selling so well that Sup Forums had to dismiss it as fujotrash in order to cope with it?

>Dunno about MOB though
MOB also did fine. Their last under-performer was Snow White at under 2k.
Sup Forums dismissed Kekkai Sensen because they were too stupid to follow it also the last episode taking three months to air also killed a bit of the hype. I fucking loved it though and was surprised that it did so well.

I know, it was a shitfest. First people not being able to follow a narrative only slightly different than usual, then sale-chartfags saying it's fujotrash and at the very end, the grossly delayed finale.
I fucking loved it as well, rewatched it last month and S2 already is my AOTS.

Hell, I wish Sunrise returns back doing more original series in the near future. It's sad they don't have no direction or motivation to make new original titles.

Why risk creating a new franchise when you can just keep pushing guaranteed seller like Gundam and Love Live?

>Wasn't the first Kekkai Sensen selling so well that Sup Forums had to dismiss it as fujotrash in order to cope with it?
Eh, that's exactly what I'm saying. "It's not flop".

Sadly, I'm one of those '3 months waiting' casualties.

Anyway, looks like their upcoming series with Netflix is gonna be another flop again. But, we'll see.

Their originals can truly be hit or miss. I'm just waiting for their next Space Dandy-tier original show.

>Is anyone expecting anything good from AICO Incarnation? Or is it just going to be another Captain Earth?

I suspect it's going to be an adequate sci-fi romp with nice animation and easy-to-follow story that will become forgettable within 6 months after it premiered on Netflix

Space Dandy was also very hit or miss. Really the only all together good original shows they've done are Rahxephon, Wolf's Rain and Darker Than Black.

I thought Space Dandy was a masterpiece, but hey, opinions, right?

>Their originals can truly be hit or miss.

The biggest problem in most of their originals (except Space Dandy and possibly Kurou) is all their endings go WAY into the deep end of "what the hell just happened."

I hope they adapt Enen no Shouboutai

>Or is it just going to be another Captain Earth?
fuck, screw you for reminding me of that turd.

What the hell is sunrise doing so right?

Eureka Seven, Space Dandy, and Sword of the Stranger are their best originals.

>Eureka Seven
Fuck no
>Space Dandy
Meh.
>Sword of the Stranger
Its good. Not extraordinary or anything but just good. Its strength is largely in its fight scenes especially the last one since its story and characters are incredibly simple.

This so fucking much, Bones, old Madhouse and even Manglobe were never afraid of taking risks and that's why I always respected them.

I bet you weren't even here when e7 aired you newshit. What is your criticism of the series?

Concrete Revolutio and Star Driver were also great.

Gundam and Love Live!, they print money.

>I bet you weren't even here when e7 aired you newshit
Yes I was also here when people were complaining about nothing happening through the majority of it whenever a batch of episodes got released.
Concrete Revolutio was good. Star Driver was not.

>2016
Gundam and maybe Gintama ?

Gintama is Bandai Namco Entertainment now

Shit taste, Stranger is mediocre at best, the other 2 are great but you have shit taste

So doesnt this means they are pretty much fucked if they dont keep hitting gold for the next few years?

i wish they would do more seasons of Horizon in the middle of nowhere

>no critique

nice dude

They arent fucked persay but they very well arent in good shape. Like right now they are fine but one fuckup could change things.

Think of it like they got diagnosed with cancer in 2014 and in 2016 it went into remission.

Realistically, what would bankruptcy mean for their staff? Would it be hard for them to find employment elsewhere in the industry?

I'm sure Trigger will take them.

>Bones, old Madhouse and even Manglobe were never afraid of taking risks
Yeah. But still, manime studios should learn basic business skills one or two from Sunrise & Production IG.
Just look how sad Gainax, Madhouse, & Manglobe DED, for god's sake. Despite how great the shows are, all their shit sales are fucking embarrassing.

The talent wouldnt disapear but alot of coordination would be lost, dor exampme with bones yutaka nakamura would probably not be as frequent and hed lose the people hes made cuts with as assitants cause he has people help with in betweens in studio c

>risk
LoveLive is fading because Sunshine S2. With the tons of money they would rather work any other original works beside Gundam to keep their relevancy strong.

>Horizon S3
Never.

>New Mai Hime/Otome project and New Sunrise originals
Possible.

Sunrise will take Bones back again soon

I want to see a huge joint project with BonesXSunrise together

>New Mai Hime/Otome project
franchise is dead let it go