How would an adaptation of this work?

How would an adaptation of this work?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/RB2wy7ux
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It wouldn't

Wouldn't work.

And stop posting pictures of my wife.

Adaptations of romance VNs are always bad.

KyoAni did some pretty good Keyshit adaptations, though.

>good
name one

The studio would need to decide on the canon girl, and would probably pick Lilly.

The game's development always gave me the impression that if there was a main girl, it was Shizune. I agree that it should be Lily though.

Mashiro Iro Symphony comes to mind as an exception.

Worst girl as main girl? What kind of fucking retard would you have to be to think that?

retcon Hisao into a girl and I'd watch it.

Haven't there been popularity polls and Hanako wins most of the time?

You mean like almost every anime ever?

One introductory episode, two episodes per route and one for the manly picnic.

That's what Yosuga no Sora did.

I haven't followed the game since it came out and I played and I certainly haven't delved into the autism that is /ksg/, so I don't know, sorry. Hanako happens to be my favorite as well, but I'm just reasoning in terms of who seems to have been portrayed as the main girl. I should fire it up again and see if Shizune appears first in the opening/act 1 or if she's placed first in the CG gallery.

Lilly would be the best choice because her arc has the most development, especially when it comes to Shizune.

You learn more about Shizune in Lilly's arc than you do in her own.

>worst girl won
>good

I played the game once a while ago and ended up with Emi. None of the other girls really stand out to me but I did really like Emi so I haven't felt the need to go through it again.

I do wonder if it's been too long for an anime adaption though. I mean, besides people on /ksg/, are there really tons of people out there looking for more from this besides maybe another game?

Maybe it could work if they set the anime in the future, after Hisao has left the school? They could reference him and talk about how he got a gf there but keep it vague as to not hint at a canon choice in the game. Have a whole new set of characters with various disabilities and then go from there?

One route compressed in the very first episode.

>Gets adaptation
>Get simulcast on crunchiroll
>They localize the name
>Cripple chicks

Gimp Chicks would be the more accurate translation, "katawa" is supposed to be really demeaning.
Though they'd probably stick with Disability Girls, if not the proper title.

They would call it something gay like"recovery of a broken heart"

1 episode setting up the world
have each storyline path explored with 4 episodes or so

Do the Japanese even know of this? Wasn't it made by Westerners or something?

Very new

the same way they did an adaptation of yosuga no sora, with less incest

omnibus like amagami
6 episodes per girl

A Love Hina style harem spin-off show. The gimmick is that while their dynamic with the MC is typical harem fare, as the girls develop as characters, they each meet their real love interests that are closer to the Hisaos in each of their routes. Oh and Misha wins the Kentarized harem hijinks Hisao in the end, so everyone gets a happy ending.

>Mashiro Iro Symphony
Based user.
Fuck you man Miu-senpai was the BEST

pick one of the girl's to be the winner and have the story follow her path mostly. using some elements from the other girls' paths in the main girl's story. Then you have the MC self insert guy do at least one thing with the other girls from their paths.

Shizune best girl.

>Shizune best girl.
My boy

Couldn't someone use kickstarter to fund a series of OVAs? It worked for LWA.

Who, if anyone, owns the rights?

By adapting Rin's route.

made by whom?

KyoAni being the most logical answer.

This user knows his shit

The Interwebs.

It's been a while since KS was released on Japan, apparently it got a following over there.

I suppose it would be the decision of whoever is managing the funds to pick a studio. Personally I'd prefer a studio more inclined to romantic development and omnibus format rather than pick worst girl to be main heroine, shaft the others, and their relationship never progresses past awkward stuttering.

>implying they won't adapt the manly picnic route

Why don't we get a kickstarter together to produce a Katawa Shoujo anime? If Sup Forums can come together to turn a single piece of art into a full VN, why not take it a step further?

This nigga wants to make away with the money.

Too late

Would be fucking hilarious if that happened.

Just make it go the Amagami route and animate every arc with 3-4 episodes per arc. I prefer that style over either a color wars 2.0 or Nothing happens for 8 episodes.

I'm serious, why couldn't we? It's been proven Sup Forums can work together on a project. It's also been proven you can successfully fund an anime with kickstarter. I doubt any studios will pick it up on their own and the rights aren't held by a big company will shill it.Short of some richfag funding it like those half hour 2hu OVAs with professional seiyuu, I don't see any other way a Katawa Shoujo anime could happen.

Because it's has a male MC and you know what that means on Sup Forums.

Sup Forums made it in the first place though. Oh wait, that was almost 10 years ago. I forgot most of Sup Forums's currently population were in elementary school back then. Never mind.

And a bonus whiskey bottle episode. It'd be a nice send-off.

Not worth it, there's much better things to do with your time and money.
It had it's time, now the only people interested in KS are a group of 10 people on /vg/. Ask them to do it.

Raita himself acknowledged it.

This.

It should be
"I had a heart attack and now I'm being conquered by Australia"

SJWs will chimp out. The politically correct way to say it would be "girls with disabilities".

>The politically correct way to say it would be "girls with disabilities".
>HOW DARE YOU CALL GIRLS WITH MISSING LIMBS AND SENSES DISABLED THEY ARE DIFFERENTLY ABLED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
That's what happens if you call them "girls with disabilities." Even "differently abled" may trigger people now, they keep making up new "proper" terms for shit every week.

Even if you had the money, KS has actual creators behind it and all of them would have to give the ok. They're not on good terms with each other.

you start by having Japan give a fuck, at least there's a Japanese version, I don't think anyone read it outside of it's release though.

>SJWs will
Man, who cares.

cripple is deamening, and that's only for normalfags, most 2channers probably are used to way worse and don't care

I imagine a paycheck for doing literally nothing will make most of them quit being babies.

Rin's route is best after you've done all the other route's.

>raise a billion dollars
>no one knows how to animate
>embezzle money within ranks encouraging corruption and furthering delays in production
>finnaly give up and run away to mootxico with what's left
>????
>PROFIT!

>The only kickstarters I'm familiar with were scams

I'm not a Sup Forums-tard so I know of plenty of good scams that worked, but this is Sup Forums we're talking about so of course it's a walking disaster waiting to happen

You're absolutely right. The only way a Katawa Shoujo anime will happen is if someone with a lot of money or talent funds/makes it themselves like those 2hu anime. It's a miracle Sup Forums got something done once. No way it'll happen with the current Sup Forums.

>you will never wake up to a bromont thread again

And it was really bad. And weird, since the story of YnS could have been brought into to a linear format easily.
Only Amagami did that well.

An omnibus like Amagami with secret Yamaku painting harem route as an OVA.

I know Raita personally was happy that something like this was made and actually released.
Thought whether he actually enjoyed the material itself or would do anything with it is another question entirely.
Also the fact that most of the people that worked on the thing nowadays get butthurt when things like fanmade sequels or anything of the like get talked about.
Which to be honest (desu) is pretty bullshit when the entire premise started with anons greentexting shit about a fucking doujin endpage and collectively pseudo-brainstorming a fucking VN about crippled bitches.

I miss the old days. Bromont has been chased off 3 different boards here and taken up residence on a different site where he writes infrequently and seems to lack a certain amount of the energy and passion he once had.

Those were truly the best times my dumb ass underaged self could ever ask for.
I didn't even post I just lurked the threads.
It's a shame that it seems like most of his threads haven't been screencapped.

Link to site plz.
I remember hearing he inhabited /tg/ and /qst/ for shortwhiles? What kind of stuff did he do? Ever go back to Katawa shenanigans?

>"Choosing a single route, or adapting all of them would be too hard. Let's just blend all of the routes together, glancing over each heroine's story and leaving the ending vague."

It would end up like any other adaptation, we don't need a thread to discuss this.

I get the impression the VN staff started to take themselves and their work way too seriously for their own good.

pastebin.com/RB2wy7ux
You're welcome.

The /monster/ board on 8ch.
He posts there alternating between brainstorming for a VN and writing part of his monster girl series Bizarre Slime, which seems to have gone through a universe reset a la Steel Ball Run.

Reminder Suriko is a faggot who wrote an arc about rape

Rainbow Wizard still makes me nervous.

I dont really see the Shizune push, the game itself when you choose your romance route it mostly pushes Lilly or Hanako if anyone. Felt like it portrayed Shizune as slight antagonist to them.

ha I like that Lilly is not actually looking at Shitzune.

By having an anime Exclusive route.

Why user? It's just a simple painting.

English would be original and japanese would be the dub.

I always imagined Kenji has having the voice of the guy that played the bro in Clannad, only still saying all the lines in English.

Emi is actually the easiest to fall into by accident.

My nigga.

To be fair, Hisao's got a chance of being dead a few years after the game.

A Manga adaptation would work way better than a anime.

>make ONE choice that makes the most sense in the context
>other choices become irrelevant and you get lemons
Fuck you, game!

Clannad Afterstory, what do I win?

Emi is too forceful to share once you agree to spend time around her.

And she doesn't even love you. Not until the end of her route. What a whore.

What's your high score in Katawa Crash?

Kyoani and Grisaia no Kajitsu type of adaptation, no cannon girl, mc get to know every girl without going all the way and let the shipping for audience, it'll be simpler than Grisaia since nobody is blowing up the school or do crazy stuff in each path.
I honestly enjoy adaptations that either don't focus on one girl or do every possible ending, it's the only way to make it good.

Grisaia had action scenes and an actual plot, though.

This, it's the only way it'd work. Just have Hisao helping all the girls with stuff.

Then we can finally have a rooftop scene with all the girls present at the same time.

Just adopt the single good route, Rin's one.

Make it a harem anime like Monmusu on a shoestring budget.
Remove all the heartbreaking stuff about the girls and just make them lovey-dovey archetypes with tiny problems that can get resolved in an episode (toastgirl will be the awkward introvert that never gets MC)

Generic art direction and choppy animation a must.

Only if they pick one girl and stick with her, instead of doing some two episodes per girl dogshit.

I hope they adapt Iwanako's route.