Sword Art Online

So what's the difference between the SAO web novel and light novel? Is it even possible to even find the web novel anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Volume_1
taptaptaptaptap.net/mature-warmth-of-the-body/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

As far as I know the WN was taken down when SAO became a LN

The web novel is much much more rough compared to the LN. The end of Alicization is also a mess in the WN with Kirito time accelerated to being a 200 year old Emperor of the Underworld with a gigantic harem.

>So what's the difference between the SAO web novel and light novel?
There are plenty of minor, and plenty of big ones. The SAO wiki notes a number of them, if you want to look at anything specific.
Go to the page of any SAO Light Novel volume: swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Volume_1
Scrolls down to "Adaptation Notes".

Some more noticeable changes:
Klein was originally just some guy Kirito met after Sachi died, but the Light Novel changed it so he was a newbie that Kirito taught on the first day.
Minor things about Kirito's relationship with Sachi
Asuna killed Kuradeel in the WN, but that was changed to Kirito killing him.
Silica's feelings for Kirito were toned down.
Leafa's cowtits were added in the Light Novel due to the editor's suggestion.
In the WN, Kirito didn't know that Suguha wasn't his real sister until Suguha's outburst
Tonkii didn't exist in the Web Novel. That whole mini-arc in Volume 4 was original to the Light Novel. (Kawahara said this was why he asked for it to be omitted from the anime)
Sinon was given glasses in the LN, because abec (the illustrator) likes girls with glasses. (Though, this was worked into her character, seeing how even though she has near super-human vision, her glasses are bullet-proof)
In the Light Novel, Sinon ended the BoB by giving Kirito a grenade and having them both explode. Originally the WN had it so that they had a final duel again, and Sinon won by blocking Kirito's initial sword-strike with her own lightsaber, and then shooting Kirito at point-blank while he was caught up in the repulsion from their swords.

And there are various other changes not mentioned on the wiki. Like I've heard the PB arc was much shorter in the Web version, and even Alicization has a lot tact on that wasn't in the WN.

>Is it even possible to even find the web novel anymore?
There are some archives of it in Japanese floating around. Chinese have also Fan Translated the majority of it, so there's that.

>what's the difference between the SAO web novel and light novel?
glopping

Interesting differences. Thanks user.

Could you elaborate? I'm also curious.

Dunno what he's talking about. I'm pretty sure the Web Novel and Light Novel ending for Alicization is the same (or at least not significantly different) with neither actually ending up with an actual harem.

He might be talking about the alternate harem ending. "There is but one ultimate way" I think it was called.

Can ayone thats played Hollow Realization tell me how to speed up the grind? Fucking hell, 66000+ exp to level up, and even with buffs ill be lucky to get 2000 a kill.

Probably. It also reminded me about those web novel summaries based on a Chinese translation, where the summary writer thought that the kanji Kirito used to refer to Asuna as his queen implied he had concubines, cause in Chinese those particular hanzi referred to the "ruling queen", with the implication of concubines.
Except it turns out Japanese has no such implication with those same kanji.

As if you could find a decent SAO game thread on Sup Forums

Doesn't matter. That's your bed to lie in, not ours.

>not ours.
Christ almighty. Look, the past like 15 threads have been comfy and tame. How bout you dont ruin that? Game dicussion is secondary relation anyway, and is acceptable.

A good chunk of non-shitpost filled SAO threads these days discuss the games more than the anime. Mostly because most SAO news right now is game related.

It's pseudo MMO so grinding is going to be a part of it unfortunately. I'm sure there are YouTube videos on the fastest way to grind out there.

>Kirito with concubines
I fucking wish

For years people have memed about glopping and I still haven't read whatever chapter it comes from

>Originally the WN had it so that they had a final duel again
Damn I would've loved to see it animated. Although grenade suicide was pretty funny.

posting best girl

Could you make Sinon orgasm just by stroking her tail?

I wouldnt make a habit out of it. What would happen when you tried in real life?

I don't know how you could stroke her real life tail when she doesn't have one, but I certainly wouldn't mind laying on the bed with her, holding her close, and giving her head pats.

As long as I've got superior stats in ALO, Sinon wouldn't be able to stop me

>Originally the WN had it so that they had a final duel again, and Sinon won by blocking Kirito's initial sword-strike with her own lightsaber, and then shooting Kirito at point-blank while he was caught up in the repulsion from their swords

Anime missed out. That would have been a solid 5 minutes of fight scenes at least.

I wonder if it's possible for A-1 to make an OVA simply doing a final duel between Kirito and Sinon so anime only viewers can get a conclusion to that at least.

>real life tail
Well we could move to Futa territory

ick

>he wouldn't suck Sinon's dick

Penises are gay, user. I'd happily perform cunnilingus on my lovely wife Shino if she wanted me to, but she needs to not have a big, gay willy.

>Tsundere
>Talks like manlet
Nah.

Don't you ever bully my wife ever again or I'll beat the shit out of you.

Yeah, that's not going to happen, if for no other reasons than between characters being dead, and limited access to the Underworld, it's impossible to get the full harem together.

Does Sinon have the best reaction faces out of SAO?

>Does Sinon have the best X out of SAO?
The answer is probably yes, unless it's something bad/mean.

Well I don't think Sinon has the best breasts of SAO. Multiple girls already have her beat.

We'll clearly dead girls are not coming back, but Kirito could still make an actual harem with the remaining girls.

I want Sinon to beat the shit out of me

That's where limited access to the underworld comes in. Kirito couldn't have a harem in the real world due to laws and some girls being advanced AI. So it'd have to be the Underworld while it's accelerated. But between Kirito, Asuna, Suguha, Sinon, Silica, and Lizbeth, there are six people, but only 5 soul translators available. So one of the girls would have to lose out.

Ouch. Having to pick one girl to stay behind would suck so much.

It's not gay if the penis belongs to a woman

I wonder if an AI piloting weapons irl being in love with Kirito will negatively impact his relationship

Yui and Strea controlling attack drones when?

But is the Trap himself gay? Or is it the person liking the Trap gay?

>talks like a manlet
Explain. I'm not sure by what you mean by this.

How long will these comfy threads last? I don't want to see them fall to shitposting when Alicization airs

We had similar threads back before S2 started airing too. If that time was anything to go by, SAO threads will start becoming less and less bearable as the season approaches, and the existence of the next season enters everyone's awareness.

- Time acceleration for 200 years happen in both WN and LN
- The harem is not canon in either WN or LN, it was an unofficial short story written by the author.
Yes but you can still find archive of it. It have also been translated into various languages although not English

cute rat

Why didn't A-1 give Argo more screentime? I've been playing the games and her interactions are so much fun.

It wasn't until Progressive when Argo gained more description and plot relevancy in the novel, and Progressive was written after the anime.
I think the screentime A1 give to Argo is probably already more than the novel?

The only scene I remember her having once that scene near the Christmas tree in episode 3. I think that was literally it. So was that all she had in the LNs too before Progressive came along?

That scene wasn't in the LN, her name was only mentioned in a conversation between Klein and Kirito. Even her gender wasn't clear.

Catching up on Alicization. It's amazing how post-GGO Sinon simply stopped giving a fuck.

Oh I see thanks user

Holy shit I can't wait to see that

>Chapter 16.5

Happy hunting!

I just hope the shitposters quickly get bored and move on to something else

the fanfic author wrote himself

Thank you. Guess now would be as good time as any to finally read it.

There's actually another 18+ chapter written by the author himself, this one is clearly a fanfic though.
taptaptaptaptap.net/mature-warmth-of-the-body/

So Sword Art Online Re:Hollow Fragment is on PSN for 30 Australian dollars. Is the game worth it at that price and if I do get it what can I expect?

Recently started the game, it's a pseudo-MMORPG with VN elements.

How are the VN elements? I know SAO isn't a master of storytelling but I enjoy the anime well enough. How does the game hold up?

Well to be honest that was actually pretty hot

You could spend that money on a decent game that had effort put into it, instead of giving Kawahara more undeserved money.

Its really just unanimated cutscenes. Yknow, textbox, blinking character portraits.
The games plot is a combo of the previous PSP game, Infinity Moment, which did the SAO story up to floor 75 with minor plot changes. The Hollow Fragment portion is original content by Kawahara, a kind of what of what-if after Heathcliff gets beat but everyones still stuck in the game.

>this thread is comfy!
The age-old cry of the shitposter.

If I remember right, that one was "co-written" by the author, with most of it being basically a fanfic by one of the web novel readers.

Stay mad, rulefag.

The other author only wrote the first few lines, the steamy part was all done by Kawahara himself.