Remember when people used to think he was a good villain?

Remember when people used to think he was a good villain?

>zenkai for cell
>not for the saiyans who got beaten badly multiple times in the same arc

When we were four and thought a stronger villain was a better villain?

Tell that to the Jiren dickriders on Sup Forums right this moment. He is the worst villain in the entire series so far even including all of GT. Nearly 30 episodes since his name was stated and maybe only another 20 episodes until the end of the arc and the only thing tying him to justice or any sense of personality is his uniform.

Exactly. Adults don't like Perfect Cell.

A better character, not a better villain.

Jiren isn't a villain.

I thought he was dull as a 10 year old and i still do today.
Liking Cell is a mexican meme

It's difficult to call the writing of Super from Toei's awful writers a proper story, but Jiren is the main antagonist of this arc like it or not.

He regenerated from way more damage than anyone else took and survived.

It was arbitrary shit anyway. Vegeta goes from 30,000 to strong enough to match Frieza, who was 530,000 before transformation. Applies to Goku as well, maybe.

He's not just good, he's the best.

liked first form cell

It was his best form. A sneaky, scheming underdog monster is top-tier villain material.

I guess you can say he was... perfect.

I thought back then the fans were all preteens who didn't care much about characterization.

Lucky quads confirms it.

check'd

OP is just mad that he hasn't achieved perfection.

Goku went from 180,000 to like 3 million after Ginyu got his body wrecked.

Have you?

Checked

Power levels dont really matter that much when you remember that its possible to unleash attacks that can hurt people many times stronger thsn your own power level( destructo disc, special beam cannon, etc) not to mention attacks like solar flair or the mafune that completly ignore your opponents durability.

No, but Cell has.

Overrated villain and arc with. Too many plot twists and ass pulls and no logic.

And a shit final fight with zero build for the hero at the end.

He is a good villain. Cell being bad is a reddit meme. Now fuck off back to it.

Don't shoo the haters away, user, posting best villain won't be as fun without them.

We're talking about Cell here, not Vegeta.

Ore ga Ceru-chan wo korosu

I take it youre the type of people that think Toriyama wanted to end at Cell and think Gohan was a teen right?

No, I think he wanted to end it at Buu, and I know Gohan was 10 at the Cell games.

That's because he isn't a villain, retard. He's a hero character.

>loses to Jobhan
>"""best""" villain

>loses to cutest saiyan
I see nothing wrong with that.

>Buu absorbs Gohan
>instantly jobs to candy

Vegetto was just too OP, it's not Gohan's fault. If anything, Buu would've jobbed even harder without him.

Gohans a failure that wears teddy bear panties(that's actually true). So of course Buu jobbed.

i like the uniqueness of this design, considering toriyama can't do nothing but bald ayys with holes for ears or generic shit.

Buutenks never jobbed. Gohan makes everything worse.

Buu became more handsome after absorbing Gohan, though.

dubs and QUADS confirm it

Literally perfection.

Perfect Cell tanked a destructo disk so either they do or they do when Toriyama feels like it. I go for the latter.

I really wonder about characters like Krillin and Yamcha in Fighters because these games are ostensibly balanced but being able to beat Buu with Yamcha just warps things beyond reason. At the same time, he can't have his canon uselessness in a game where he's playable, but what techniques could they even bullshit for him to let him keep up?

Absorbing Goku would have been more interesting than Absorbing Gohan.

I'm sorry, I meant for the Boo saga.

That was filler, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kenzan can be tanked with enough raw power.

That was Anime Only. The Manga never had the Destructo Disc fail.

Reminder that Gohan is a ruthless killer of newborn cousins.

Gohan > Gotenks

Buuhan > Buutenks

chechnya

I still do. Too perfect.

Who cares about the power level.
Buutenks was actually intimidating. Buuhan was a comedy jobber.

Buuhan was ripping the entire dimension apart.

>The Manga never had the Destructo Disc fail.
It never had it work either.
When was it used?
It missed Nappa, and only clipped Freeza's tail

>goes shahid
>survives
>comes back with a power-up
>almost defeats the protagonists
Is there any other character in DB that reached such levels of basedness?

And being a figurative clown

>Vegeta goes from 30,000 to strong enough to match Freeza.
Not within the same zenkai. He got beat up and healed multiples times in Namek.

He was 30,000 against Recoome. I don't recall him being beat up between Goku's arrival and Frieza's.

>remember the red ribbon army who was total trash aside from tao who wasn't even a part of it
>well the guy who made all the androids wants revenge on Goku (pretty good plot twist, huh)even though he didn't even make any androids and was shoehorned in as a retcon
>let's spend the next 30 episodes doing literally nothing except getting our shit together on who the villain is, completely ignoring the desperately needed character development the heroes need
>we have the villain now, but holy shit, the whole arc is almost over, lets add a half baked attempt to cash in on what little work from previous arcs we did to characterize a single person
Explain to me how Gohan could possibly justify what happened here?

And you said villain. Villain =/= antagonist.

Jackie Chun was an amazing antagonist during the first world tournament arc, but you'd never say he was a good villain - there wasn't a villainous thing about him.

Vegeta on Earth: 18,000
zenkai 1
Vegeta on Namek (after getting destroyed on Earth): 24,000
zenkai 2
Vegeta after being wrecked by Zarbon: 30,000
zenkai 3
Vegeta after being beat up by Recoome: somehow able to challenge form 1 Freeza (530,000)
And after asking Krillin to blast a hole in him he gets a fourth zenkai which makes him think he can challenge final form Freeza who was in the tens of millions

Dr. Flappe part was filler, so there's nothing retcon about Dr. Gero.

Yeah because he fought weaker opponents.

>Buutenks was actually intimidating
Because he fought Gohan

i liked his design

My bad then, but Gero is still a retcon, since he wasn't aluded to in the slightest until Trunks came and definitely wasn't planned in db.
Aside from that, my point still stands. If Gero had stayed the villain, the androids could have had a deeper and more meaningful plot.

>""""""""""fought""""""""""

Vegeta took a nap after the Ginyu Force fight.
Everyone knows naps exponentially boost a Saiyans power

Goku bisected Buutenks with one

Buu is made out of play doh

>everyone would have GoD power by now if they took a few mid-noon naps

HEH, KILL YOURSELF KID CELL IS THE G O A T.

Cell was terrifying when I was a kid.
You could tell most of the Z-team was no match for him and would be killed.

1st form must've given kids nightmares.

That's not a retcon. If it was explicitly stated that someone else made androids in RR saga, then it could probably be considered a retcon.

I don't think there's a single adult that seriously considers Perfect Cell to be a good villain. Only reason people act like they like him is because of "le epic perfection maymay XD"

There are lots of different people with different preferences watching/reading Dragon Ball, it'd be naive of you to think no adult legit likes him.

He's a more enjoyable one than Buu at least.
His imperfect form was the only one that was actually menacing though.

To make things worse, he got offed by an eternal jobber.

Not really. It wasn't until the massive resurgence of this franchise in the past few years that I remembered he and his arc even existed.

more like the second the form

>people think DBZ had good villains

No, second form gave them vorarephilia.

By the strongest z fighter once and always.

That's Death Saucer. And it counts as a fail because the user BTFO himself with it.

I think u mean an OP Asspull

He has the best backstory / formation

>bugman from third alternate timeline that just happens to have genes of the strongest fighters in the universe made in some guy's basement
>good

Yes.

>Space Lizard who could blow up the Earth with his finger but decides to come to Earth and get his ass kicked
>Good

Also yes.

Gohan? Strongest Z fighter? The last I checked he hasn't achieved calvo form yet.

How painful do you think it'd be for Cell to show Broly into his tail?

is there a more aesthetic aura than the SSJ2 one?

Reddit loves Cell, though.

UI looks pretty aesthetic, too.