Hunter x Hunter is a different kind of battle shounen

To all the people new to this series as well as fags that can't recognize why Hunter x Hunter is a masterpiece and it has actual deph and character development unlike your Naruto, Bleach or whatever crap you watch, here are the facts taken from the main character alone.

>abandoned by his father as a child and told lies from his aunt
>playground was a forest full of savage animals and shits
>probably indued or raped by hot pirate girls
>at the first arc of the story he is 12 year old and has no problems with seeing people kill each other, he doesn't care, indifferent to death and murdering
>he becomes best friends with a hitman kid and has no problems with it he doesn't care, still indifferent to murdering
>he cares about helping his mentally unstable friend to kill all the guys who killed his entire tribe
>he asks one of theb ad guys why does he kill people that have nothing to do with him without feeling anything, that doesn't make sense, normal people wouldn't give a fuck about someone they don't know dying off, our MC in the other hand showed us that he probably would like to kill people he cares about, what the fuck?
>Hisoka being a murderer and a pedo that kills because he is a thirsty motherfucker recognizes in Gon the potential of becoming as twisted as him, a fucking psycho.
>willing to kill an innocent girl just to kill someone to satisfy his revenge, not even Kurapika thinks about doing this
>takes innocent girl hostage as well
>the color of the aura in his body changed the momento he made his last nen usage, restriction and pledge, give me something worse than death in exchange to receive the power i would have gotten if i trained without rest for decades until i kill my only target and satiate my revenge urge
>aura becomes dark, revealing how fucked up his future self will be, even fucking overpowered nen ant with the dna of a cat shits its pants
>along the entire series people gets scared about him because he can grow into dangerous shit

>hunter x hunter is average shounen

Get your shit together, this is not your average shounen, most people don't get it while watching it, you have to read the manga or be very smart to actually notice what is it all about.

The manga is only in weekly shonen jump because the autor got a great deal, otherwise it would be straight seinen, a long story about a boy and his "friends" on adventures on a twisted sick ill world, just like ours.

Prove me wrong, you fucking can't, you just can't.

You are now seeing a typical underage hunterfag in its natural habitat

people are just misleaded by the concept that the manga is on weekly shonen jump, it is seinen, and a good one, starting from zero tellin the life of a fucked up kid, in 15 years there may even be high caliber sex scenes.

Well, since this happens every day, debate one of these topics

>Gon is a generic protagonist
>kurapika is just blonde sasuke
>nukes in in the Hunter x Hunter universe
>Gon SAN is an asspull
>O MY OVERUSED JOKE
>edgy edge
>the show is just pretenscious and "4deep8you"
>Nen makes no sense
>which trash fandom is even worse trash

It's shounen because that's the demographic, samurai jack had a demographic for kids 8–12 but was a bit more mature in its themes and story

HxH is quite categorically not seinen.

Whats a manga thats aimed at preteen audiences?

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Hunter x Hunter

Still shounen/shoujo. Seinen is marketed towards 18+

No you don't. Since some randos on YouTube can make 20+ minute analysis videos on Hunter x Hunter you don't really need to be smart to understand it

>>Gon SAN is an asspull
>>O MY OVERUSED JOKE
foreshadowed since the beginning of the second arc

>edgy edge
>the show is just pretenscious and "4deep8you"
this is the result of it being in a shonen magazine, if it were on a seinen one it would be okay

>Nen makes no sense
well structured and explained ability that in the end lets everyone do whatever they want unlike shit like ki and other bullshit actual asspull deux ex machine shit that is just about beams or power ups, nen is based on the mentality of the person which makes it more deep, you can see the psychological background of the characters by looking at their nen abilities and usages

>which trash fandom is even worse trash
people who think hunter x hunter is shounen are the cancer in the fandom, the rest are just called cancer because they end up mixed in the shit, one parts knows the truth about hunter x hunter, the other doesn't and thinks its only edgy shounen

>Gon is a generic protagonist
read the OP

>kurapika is just blonde sasuke
he is actually broken, even if he cares about his friends, he will end up at a mental hospital or dead, unlike emosuke.

>nukes in in the Hunter x Hunter universe
NEN is not ALMIGHTY, is the superpower of the series, yes but is just a damn joke compared to actual science and technology, just like in the real world, the hunter association takes orders from bald faceless men, they are a damn joke compared to the real shit actually, used as tools.

I know it's kinda counter board culture, but Naruto (aside the shitty characterization), it's one of the deepest anime considering it's crazy long running time.
Naruto touches stuff like war, countries, life-goals, peace, deterrence, failure, the means justify the mediums, genocide, nihilism, higher purpose, etc.

I never felt a strong goal in HxH, no idea why Gon is so obsessed with a father he never met, Gon is incredibly hollow as a character, the plot is always more interesting when it's about Killua, Kurapika, Hisoka or Meruem. Characters like Leorio, Ging, Kite, The zodiacs, the spider... all of those come and go without any significant impact in the story.

>people who think hunter x hunter is shounen are the cancer in the fandom
Togashi is a cancer of the fandom?

I didn't mean any ill will I was just saying the topics that get argued over a lot

He can't say it is seinen if he is on a shounen magazine and not worth risking his deal and sales.

I know it's kinda counter board culture, but Naruto (aside the shitty characterization), it's one of the deepest anime considering it's crazy long running time.
Naruto touches stuff like war, countries, life-goals, peace, deterrence, failure, the means justify the mediums, genocide, nihilism, higher purpose, etc.

When HxH is like on chapter 800 rape will be an everyday thing im sure as hell, and HxH will not even be in shounen jump anymore unless togashi pulls it out. Naruto is for kids.

If he didn't choose to publish it with Ultra Jump or something and his editors haven't tried to pull it from the magazine then it literally isn't seinen in any way, shape, or form.
Please leave, redditor.

O

name 1 good "seinen" anime

ill wait

>When HxH is like on chapter 800
Hiatus x Hiatus will reach that chapter by the year 3500

Anime aren't marketed with manga demographic labels, but how about K-On!

>Lets a psychopathic serial killer and his criminal buddies get away with their crimes to kill more innocent people
>Kills the cute catgirl that did nothing wrong because "MUH KITE!"

Gon is a piece of shit and even his dad knew this which is why he abandoned him and even said in a message he left that he never wanted to see him.

Monster and ping pong the animation

Ping Pong is GOAT

That is the charm of Hunter x Hunter, you are not following your generic shit MC journey.

you are a fellow man of good taste

I don't watch your dumb cartoon, but I get the impression from doujins that it might have some very beautiful characterization in it.

Hisoka wasn't in the CA arc despite being in every single other arc is because he would've killed Meruem.

MY

> Beats professional killers as a child by using a fishing rod

Can we all just admit that the mangaka has no structure in mind for the story as a whole and just make shit up as he goes along?
The reason Nen was not even mentioned during the first two arcs is not because it's a super secret technique that nobody knows.
It was because the author literally had not thought of the power system when he started writing the story.

is hunter x hunter the rick and morty of anime

no, because Nen was definitely foreshadowed.

>Oblivious
The level of story telling is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of aura most of the story will go over a typical viewer’s head.

Why is this reddit meme still not a bannable offense?

I don't care anymore. I got sick of its bitch-ass scheduling a long time ago. My patience can only be stretched so thin. Same thing with Berserk.

Nothing is good enough to justify this shit.

No, it wasn't. They showed a bunch of abilities that had nothing to do with Nen that then somehow were mysteriously never seen again once Nen was introduced.

>the color of the aura in his body changed the momento he made his last nen usage, restriction and pledge, give me something worse than death in exchange to receive the power i would have gotten if i trained without rest for decades until i kill my only target and satiate my revenge urge
>aura becomes dark, revealing how fucked up his future self will be, even fucking overpowered nen ant with the dna of a cat shits its pants

That's not what Gon-san is. It's not Gon's future self with X amount of training, it's Gon having access to all the aura and potential he'll ever have over the course of his remaining lifespan. Gon will never get close to the raw power he had against Pitou no matter how much he trains.

It showed how dark he could get, not explicitly saying "future self".

He is a psycho monster, the funny thing is that after he recovered after that fuckup he didn't get scared of his "potential", one more point to the fact that Gon is not afraid of being an evil psycho or whatever monster he could have ever become, orm aybe he is just indifferent to it which is worse.

He is pretty fucked up, how dare some people compare it to fucking Naruto or Luffy is beyond me, those people will never understand.

Gon deserved to lose his ability to use nen, good thing he is being written out of the story and we finally have Kurapika and Leorio as the MCs again.

[Killua, 107]
I want to make something clear.
The next time something like this happens,
I won't bother thanking you.
So if something happens,
and I end up helping you,
you don't need to thank me.
Friends are supposed to help friends.
Supporting each other isn't a big deal.
Il'd be lame to thank each
other for every little thing.

I want to make one more thing clear.
The world you're stepping
into is far more brutal
than the world of the Chimera Ants.
They may seem similar,
but there is a huge difference between
risking a life and throwing it away.
People staring death in the face every day
don't want to hear that
someone's ready to die.
Only people who maintain a daily
regimen to stay in tip-top shape,
and can swallow just enough poison to
fall short of a lethal dose, get to survive.
That's how it goes.

>Watch
Shut up, you're not special.
Read the manga.

That's a damn lot of words you used to say "he's twisted." Which, you may recognize, isn't anything particularly deep.

Gon's dad abandoned him to create him like this. He knew Gon would grow stronger if he wasn't present.

RUBBER

O

Jesus Christ why do Hunterfags make their series look so bad
>inb4 it is

Who cares? Its never gonna be finished, therefore its pointless to read it

Hunter x Hunter is the best shounen there is, i doubt it's gonna end soon, and Togashi takes his time to create quality content, instead of rushed -made only for the purpose to sell- shit like naruto, one piece, and all that shit you all already know.

Plus the 2011 anime was a masterpiece.

>He thinks HxH will end

Hahahahaha

O

Basically, it is edgy for the sake of being edgy and therefore good?

NEN

>one drop of blood
>It's really edgy guys
Is this gonna be the future of /a

Remember that card that cut through people and remember how a nen infused acorn could fuck up a tree

More like he got some chick pregnant who left him with Gon so he left him with Mito because he didn't want the responsibility.

Shitou killed far more innocents than Genthru.

You know a board has gone to shit when most of these HxH bait threads are just falseflagging fans from other shonen series.

Considering how long ago he started the series and how it has become increasingly mature with its themes over the years, I'd argue its seinen in all but name.

You talk about muh publisher but Togashi's probably on some sweet deal with WSJ considering how well the new volumes do after long hiatuses.

Hisoka would've died in a frenzy against Pitou before he tried anything with the king.
>what if Hisoka was eaten by the Queen became a Royal Guard?
Now that would be god tier.

> increasingly mature with its themes
I dunno, looks like typical shounen level of maturity to me, Jojo level one.

It was the Meruem's orders, Hitler didn't personally kill 6 million people but everyone acts like he did.

No, the future is o my memes

Name one.

Explain nen to me
Because obviously it makes no fucking sense

It has no consistent usage through the series, it should just be called magic and be done with it

Pitou came up with the selection.

Nice bait, fag.
HxH is trash even worse than Naruto and Bleach.
It's One Piece-tier.

More restrictions = more power, but you need to do what you type of nen does.

t. Redditor

Nen is just like life force or ki or magic or some shit. People use it to make their bodies stronger and you get to design your own specific ability that works how you want. The more restrictions you place on when and how you use the ability, the more powerful you can make it.

>It's trash
>It's masterpiece-tier
At least be consistent with your shitpost.

It's just average shonen garbage, calm your tits kid

Yu Yu Hakusho is better

If you're referring to that girl acting scared, she's blind - has no idea whats going on in that particular situation.

Reminder Togashi dropped the ball when he made the cause of Killua's fear and hesitation be a fucking needle that, when he took it out, solved all of his problems. That was pretty lazy on Togashi t b h.

>They had the ability to nuke the antagonist
>If they planned it from the beginning, then the entire nen fighting shit would've been meaningless
>Oh wait it is meaningless because they nuked the antagonist

Nice deep story there buddy. A fucking waste of time.

There he is again.

Killua was a decent character until he began slipping further into 'cool, blameless boi' territory

true

About showing/telling, it's not just nen exposition where it happens. But for example, Hisoka was using cards to slice since his first appearance. We don't need a whole explanation and name for the technique ("shu" IIRC.) Other series do the same thing (imbuing ki into objects) without saying anything.

That particular training was pointless mostly because it didn't really introduce anything new. The fights/results weren't necessarily pointless.
You could make the argument that those characters ended up accomplishing nothing either, but that's not really important.

HxH just reads like a diary more than anything. It's about things that happen to the characters. If the story points out that Kurapika's revenge is hollow, or that Gon is selfish, it doesn't change that fact. There's rarely another side to the story.

What makes something "not shallow"? I don't really feel like HxH is attempting to defend itself on that front. Characters like Wing and Biscuit exist because the plot required them, and that's fine with Togashi. Those characters don't have a stake in anything else going on, and the actual development only happens to a very small group

I dunno, I don't think it's worth the time digging into details for this. The best I can give is impressions. Though, I do feel like One Piece makes an effort to have its characters feel like they would still exist without the plot.

And what the fuck was hisoka restriction on the o my scene?
There were no drawbacks

I know it's a pasta, but it really sums up many of HxH problems. There's a reason why so many people don't even bother picking up the manga once they're done with the 2011 anime, aside from hiatuses, of course.

You should seriously consider suicide.

Check out my best taste!!

Edgy =/= deep

Edgy.

He made it on the go, you can make restrictions on the go.