ITT: AOTS

What's everyone's current AOTS?

Garo for dumb fun.

Kino

The most precious booty of the season.

This or this

Kino or Osomatsu-San. Got a good feeling about Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau though.

>CG trash
>Not even the good one
>Is the pretend to be anime by using limited frames
Read the manga instead

this one

Kekkai Sensen, but these along with Osomatsu-san are pretty good as well.

I can't handle the levels of edge the manga reaches. First time I'm hoping it'll go anime original.

The edge is a good contrast from the other guy playing Jesus. Is a good take on how different people/age group handle the transformation of becoming a 100% alien robot. They both want to feel alive, they both find different way to do it. And is not like the edgy Kurono didn´t regret it, he even helped save the world.

2nd seasons can't be aots

Move aside.

Both of them

SSR is objective AOTS, but I'll say Just Because.

Because what ?

Tsuki Ga Kirei or was that last season anyway great for a one season rom, wont be a second but

Just.

Says who? Second seasons were already AOTS in winter and spring.

still haven't checked it out. what are the themes?

Slice of post-apocalypse.

YuYuYu. No competition.

comfy post-apocalyptic

slice of strife

Of the ones I didn't drop after the first episode, mind you, I'm not saying they're all good, I'd rate them like this for now:

Mahou Tsukai no Yome
Pingu in the City
Garo: Vanishing Line
Just Because!
Houseki no Kuni
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau
Inuyashiki
Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World
Konohana Kitan
Dies Irae
Black Clover

What is Just Because even about? The synopsis gives me nothing aside from the fact that it's the most generic show ever made.

Looking forward to see what this becomes after ep2.
I've been holding off on this, guess I'll check it out.
I was mildly excited for this until hearing the manga is shit, guess I'll find out. At least it's HIT ME ON THE GROUND of the season.
Probably my pick.

It is the most generic show ever made, but made well.

It's about people, nostalgia, and the idealist passion of youth.

Also cuties.

dropped

I like the style, kind of, but the direction is terrible. Talking by the columns, talking inside an empty spacious room, talking standing stationary on the pretty field, a short exciting fight, talking sitting with a doctor with gore shots. Rinse and repeat.

Could you please explain to me everything about the world in which this anime occurs in in a degree of detail which leaves me bored out of my mind?

Personally not my AOTS, but more people need to watch it because Sup Forums suddenly turned into pure HS-only plebs for some reason.

I had high hopes upon starting, but by the middle of ep2 my hopes were dashed. The brown girl is dull, plot is about emotions and losing thereof and the cast and how they interact is just so dull. I was dying of boredom thru the second ep. Still hope it gets better.

Magus bride is up there.

I feel ashamed that I've been watching anime 20 years and still haven't watched any of "Kino's Journey".

BlendS is brain cleansing shit, but it's good at what it does.

I take my glasses off when watching Inuyashiki so I can enjoy it without the cgi being so in my face.

I can safely say I'm at least enjoying what I am watching this season.

My hopes were dashed when ep2 headed straight back home, and I felt a lot better about it when home ceased to exist. Not sure what to expect though.

this. it is the year of the potato.

urahara wins the dumb fun award, and hoozuki for best sequel.

Yuyushiki post-apocalypse

>urahara wins the dumb fun award
Not quite.

Magus Bride would be my only sure choice this early in. Girls last tour and kino would be my close seconds and potentially Children of the Whales if it surprises me.

The amount of CGI this season is disgusting though. I dropped Garo and Inuyashiki because of it, even Kino and GLT are guilty of it. Konohana Kitan and Juuni Taisen are thankfully CGI free so far but I don't think lesbian foxgirl SOL or another Battle Royale anime are gonna leave a lasting impression.

>not dropping Kino and GLT because of CGI as well
Sad.

Too early to say. The possible contenders are
>Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
>Just Because
>Mahoutsukai no Yome

Yup. This one looks promising! Also kekkai sensen

Blend S maybe? Otherwise Love Live, maybe YuYuYu depending on the second half.

>and Juuni Taisen are thankfully CGI free so far
Not that it's bad, but it sometimes looks like they've drawn over CG models for the action scenes. See the industrial fight in episode 1

Kino and GLT aren't as obnoxious about it. They seem to have standard times where the couldn't be bothered to do proper animation and that seems to be when they are traveling on their vehicles.

Inuyashiki seemed completely arbitrary and that action scene Garo had on the motorcycle was ridiculous, impossible to follow what was happening. Garo had some great animation outside of that but I'm not interested in mindless action unless it's 100% traditional animation.

You posted it.

Yes, to be fair it did look like that, or at least had a filter placed over it. But at least they're attempting to blend the CGI in.

It's the back and forth, obvious switches between traditional and CGI with the frame rate changes and the whole 9 yards in other shows that bother me.

garo "we vanished the production budget in one episode" line is not AOTS

I guess Girls Last Tour, but it's only okay so far.

Easily Kekkai Sensen.

How I'd rate the season so far in order of enjoyment:

>AOTS contenders
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryouko - AOTS if it reaches into deeper themes, still top 3 if it stays mostly comfy
Kekkai Sensen S2 - Top notch animation and music so far and I loved S1
>Potential
Kujira no Kora - Still not sure what to think of this one, could go either way but it's one my most looked forward to shows this season. Probably the best art of the season
Kino no Tabi - Waiting for more, but it seems to hold up pretty well compared to the original thus far
Mahoutsukai no Yome - Like KnK, could still go either way into despair or Natsume levels of comfy
3-Gatsu no Lion S2 - First episode was kind of whacky and "cartooney," but more or less the same as S1
>Other
Juuni Taisen - Dumb fun
Ousama Game - Dumber fun
Urahara - Cute and unique art, but subpar exposition and dialogue
Just Because! - Good character interaction and music. Art is okay, but the character models are off from a distance sometimes
Inuyashiki - Going to watch the next episode but probably dropped because of jarring CGI
Black Clover - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>that CGI Hemes scene Kino had was ridiculous

Just Because! should be more or less tied with Juuni

melty potatoes

Am I alone in Camp Urahara?

>subpar exposition and dialogue
Sounna! Masaka! Uso! Shinjirarenai!!

pic very related

Mahoutsukai will be the surface Sup Forums AOTS, and SSR will be the 'true Sup Forums' AOTS.

No debate. Most shows have been pretty disappointing as of now.

ネット充のススメ
Net-juu no susume

Very interesting variation on the NEET MC subgenre.

It's so boring, though. And I like SoL. Not that I think Mahoutsukai is better in any way, kinda kiddie.

Adventure Time

I'm watching a few things, but there's no real standout; so while I wouldn't call it AotS the thing I'm beginning to look forward to most each week is Net-jew.

To be fair, I've still yet to watch the second episode. The first one just had a very train-of-thought feel to it. Though Mari is objectively best girl of the season from that one episode alone

>AOTS if it reaches into deeper themes
Why do people want SSR to get edgy? Had enough let downs with MiA already.

it's ネト, 馬鹿害人

When does she lose her virginity to the naturally blond japanese man?

Deeper =/= edgy
I'd be fine if it was just their day-to-day gathering of food and supplies, but I'd also like to see at least Chi to contemplate a bit about what it means to be alive post-extinction event

The brown girl is dull because she lack emotions. She definitely became more interesting when the plot began to revolve around her becoming more expressive and revealing whatever the conflict that exists in this world actually is. Also, for the first time, I think there's an actual justification for the MC being an altruistic dickwaffle and sticking his neck out to "help" since he would genuinely value human life and experience given how young all his friends die.

Dies Irae

I watched episode one of this and while it's not really my thing I have a great amount of respect for it.

It's like the show is making justifications for bad anime habits, instead of just not doing them.
Like the annoying exposition is justified by the main character's archiving job.
Really strange.

Yeah, alright, I'll concede that there's a fair bit of truth in what you're saying. With any luck, the excessive exposition will dry up as the rules and concepts that govern the narrative become concrete. If not, it'll still be nice to get to see such pretty backgrounds week to week.

Houseki no Kuni, yes.

But ill give a Super Special Mention (tm) to Kekkai Sensen.

Magus Bride has a strong start and a beautiful and interesting setting, but the story goes absolutely nowhere in the manga.

it's gonna be 24 episodes right? do the 3 errands cover that?

Why does any theme or idea that can be construed to be negative instantly get labeled as edgy? fuck off

The frailty of society's young minds.

Made in Abyss fag? I'd have a sore ass too.

Shoujo Shuumatsu.

Blend S, even if the second episode was a lot weaker than the first.

Yeah, I wrote it as I pronounce it.

Not him but she's dull for me because she is just made to spout expositions. That's basically what she does for the entire first half. The 2nd half of the 2nd episode felt like forced romance as well to make you feel bad about the childhood friend dying/damaged, which came off as very artificial. Most of the dialogues including those in the first episode are nothing more than expositions as well.
I don't know. The show is pretty as fuck and the premise is interesting, but the execution is just boring.

correct.

This one.

Also how do Magus Bride fags not see how poorly edited, directed and storyboarded the anime is? As a manga reader I'm very disappointed.

3-gatsu no Lion or Shoujo Shuumatsu.

This so far. Phos a cute.

I don't know, I also thought it was an incredibly flat and lifeless adaptation.

It has more to do with the bastardization of conversation on Sup Forums and how you fuckers are ruining my board.

Mahoutsukai.

>AOTS
>Mahoutsukai
Maybe if there wasn't this dump romance between skully and Chise.

Spoken like a true MiA transplant.

This.

The season has barely started.