Why aren't there more drug related episodes in anime? They're always really good

Why aren't there more drug related episodes in anime? They're always really good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=088dIBTnXLA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=8TDu8kiz7Jo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

See what I mean? Remember this from Bebop?

Imagine if all the crazy drug stuff from the Welcome to the NHK novel/manga was adapted

Because drugs are barely a thing in Japan so no one even thinks to make something about them.

Drugs aren't a thing and highly stigmatized in Japan. Try adult swim.

Drugs are bad mmkay.

Recreational drugs barring alcohol are hugely illegal in Japan.

a lot of the time drug episodes are a bit shit because the people working on the show probably dont have any experiences with them to draw from, but the stigma against drug use also leads to some really well done drug episodes that are really subtle about it and dont refer to the drugs directly.

I want to lewd things to all of the mermaids

Nips and asians as a whole really fucking hate drugs because of opium.

Drugs or just the episode being trippy in general?

I think I watched some hentai of this once. What's the name of the show?

I guess it's, because drugs don't play as big part of Japanese life as it does over at yankee land. Also Japanese animators are more hardworking and have no need for abstract psychodelic scenes to fill their episode.
They'd rather use filler and repeated animation for that.

>muh reefer madness
that movie was complete shit for the drug subplot, except for this scene

that hivemind

DUDE WEED LMAO

Someone post the Bouei-bu episode with the chocolate

this is what japan excels at. places where drug use is less frowned upon have trouble making things trippy without making them about drugs or related to drugs in some way.

Drugs are for degenerate losers.

so its a match made in heaven for Sup Forums

So is anime

youtube.com/watch?v=088dIBTnXLA

What? Really?

That's actually a great cosplay.

Muromi-san

They were actually doing shrooms.

It's not even just the trippy art that's cool but every time drugs are involved shit just gets real in shows. It always is funny, fun to watch or there's violence involved.

Best episode

>tfw we'll never get that Panty and Stocking episode with the cocaine ghost

>that scene in the OVA where Muromi injects herself with a weird substance to grow legs
Shit got spooky for a second

DUDE

voynich hotel has some good drug moments in it

WEED

I want fucking teenagers out of my Sup Forums

Japan hates recreational drugs. Because of the opium epidemic, mostly, but there's been a lot of "reefer madness" tier anti-drug propaganda since then so a lot of Japs don't even have an accurate perception of drugs in the first place.

Like a lot of moralfags that have invaded Sup Forums, the Japs have a twisted view of drugs. They think all drugs are as bad as the worst drugs, and they think anyone who likes drugs must be a "DUDEWEEDLMAO" or a straight up criminal thug type.

It is been a while, but are you sure it wasn't just the show?

Yes, drugs are super illegal in Japan. Even getting caught with weed will basically ruin your life.

Actually sounds cool.

Going to have to read this now you son of a bitch. You've stolen parts of my future.

AYY LMAO

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8TDu8kiz7Jo

NieA actually had a good idea of how stoned people behave

>The whole earth's goin' round.
Isn't that what it always does

was this the plant episode?

OH FUCK

TURN BACK TOO REAL

Meth is a giant problem they don't acknowledge. They sell something that's functionally the same in drug stores.

The Japanese mafia has made sure drugs aren't really a thing.

They have to illegalize the shit out of drugs

Just imagine how much good marijuana could do for a stressed out japanese salaryman

Yes

Chillin

In Japan? I don't think they sell meth in drugstores in Japan.

> Even getting caught with weed will basically ruin your life.
isn't that the exact same as the united states?

Japan is addicted to amphetamines because they let you work/study for 20 hours straight without rest.

>isn't that the exact same as the united states?

Its a lot easier to get away with it here when you can just shoot the cop

It’s decriminalized in some states or straight up legal in others.
Japanese laws are extremely harsh, draconian even, in comparison.

In some asian countries getting caught with weed is a possible death sentence.

>It's a lot easier to get away with it here where you can just shoot the cop
???
Also cops don't reeeeally care about weed in illegal states unless you have enough to be considered a seller.

Blame the opium war.
The chinks wise up to our tactics to screw them over.

if you're black

unless youre black

That really depends on where you are and what color your skin is. Don't forget that there's a lot of money in sending poors and blacks to private prisons and manufacturing shit using prison labor.

True, white people getting caught with weed or crack get nothing but misdemeanor that usually end with a fine.

Good

Private, for-profit prisons are just an insane notion. How did anyone with a ounce of morality let that happen

anime is family friendly

>implying politicians have an ounce of morality

Because drugs are frowned upon in Japanese (and most Asian nations). A seiyuu was also arrested for possession of drugs. pic related.

>Because of the opium epidemic

Aren't you thinking of China? Or did Japan also have an opium epidemic at one point?

The problem isn't politics, it's power. There's been studies on this shit; powerful people have less empathy, are less altruistic and are more prone to hypocrisy. You'll never have a true democracy when some people have much more power than others, and can leverage said power to influence politics.

>The Japanese mafia has made sure drugs aren't really a thing.

Can you elaborate?

I wonder if some authors exaggerate the effects of certain drugs on purpose in their work, so that they don't raise any suspicions that they actually have first hand experience.

China has massive influence over the rest of east asia

bebop had weed shrooms and that weird shit that guy is holding

lain has that cyberelf pill

geass has that "wish i was in japan" heroine

dbs has weed

what are some others

Champloo has a whole field of weed burn and got a whole gang high

oh fuck i forgot about that episode

Does SC hold up well during a rewatch? I seem to have forgotten a lot, but I don't want to destroy my fond memories.

it's only mentioned in brief but in psycho-pass they have legal psychedelics, which most people prefer and has basically killed the alcohol industry

I haven't rewatched it outside the first episode in a while so I couldn't tell you. The first episode was still really fun though

Because it's not funny after you reach a certain age. Japanese humor is generally inferior to Western humor (because it's too broad and reliant on puns), but the west's "LOL DRUGS" obsession is where Japanese humor scores a few points over ours

>anyone who like drug
A drug addict, you mean.

>humor is related to age
There has never been shown anything to correlate the two.

>Western Humor
Lol.

Wanting a wacky drug themed episode IS the epitome of "DUDE WEED." If it's some casual thing that doesn't define your identity, why does it need a place any more important than the background in fiction?

Samurai Champloo had the funniest drug episode

yes, dont worry its not just nostalgia

>Chain smokers and alcoholics addicted to legal opiates and amphetamines
>weed is bad mmmkay

All of them are bad though. Smoke and Drink got a pass because we are too addicted to it.

But then even without weed your life is ruined.

>ten times the potency
So they got 2 edibles at once. Would fuck my shit up.

DANDY

10 times the potency would probably mean some synthetic cannabinoid. would totally fuck my shit up.

it also had the absolute worst drug episode.

The novel explained this a lot better, I don't know why it was like this in the movie.

How did someone who take the pillow react? I'd probably find a place to sit down and nap once I am done spacing out.