Why do a lot of people like this so fucking much...

Why do a lot of people like this so fucking much? The MC is so fucking generic that I'd even go as far as say that he's probably more generic than most LN protagonists. The universe is obviously copied from Marvel and even the guy the protagonist look up to is literally Superman. I would have even ignored all of that if only the protagonist has an interesting ability, but guess what? He fucking has the most generic strength enhancing ability. Even Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, and Dragon Ball was more creative than this garbage. Are battle shounen really so fucking dead that people literally don't have something better to like?

It is a manga about western style superheroes.

The capeshit cliches are kind of the point.

>The capeshit cliches are kind of the point.
It has more shounenshit cliches than anything related with capeshit

This.

>self insert mc for actual spergs who can't talk to girls
idk you tell me famski

>Why do a lot of people like this so fucking much?
Nice art, top tier chara designs, a good anime adaptation with great music and animation, executes his tropes better than most and avoids most of the common pitfalls of the nekketsu genre (at least so far).

It's an all around decent series that does what it does well, despite staying in its confort zone and not being particularly creative.

People like this? I mean, sure, SOME people are bound to like this, but I was pretty sure the general consensus here on Sup Forums is that this show is garbage.

HxH>>>>>>>>>MHA

>but I was pretty sure the general consensus here on Sup Forums is that this show is garbage.
>Sup Forums represents the general population's opinion

>top tier chara designs

>top tier chara designs

>shounenshit cliches
I you don't like those don't read Jump series.
Their editors make authors fall into very specific lines.
Shonen Jump isn't about trying new things: it's about doing the best possible work within those very strict genre confines.

As for BNHA:
It's well drawn, has memorable characters, and does both action and drama well. That said, I stopped reading a year ago because it kept doing the same plots over and over cmon.

Retards desperately looking a new Naruto.
Hero Aca is a shitfest of mediocrity and blandness.

The only reason it caught some success was because the state of modern shonen is deplorable and it got an excessive well funded OST/Anime.

Have you seen the All Might vs Noumu fight in the manga?
FUCKING GARBAGE.

Every character looks like a pokemon

This

>top tier chara designs
Bnha has one of the shittiest all time desings, like the tape guy, the tail guy, the animal control guy, the head-phones/earlobes is the dumbest excuse of a power I've ever seen in my fucking life. The half Ice half fire power is concept you'd expect from DeviantArt.
The side characters are bland and some could be removed from the series and no one would notice like the electric guy, the laser guy or the sugar guy.
Some arcs are pointless and unmemorable, what was the impact of Stain in the series? what was the impact of Chisaki in the series? aside from being the current villain for a while?
No villain in Bnha causes the impact of the likes of Hisoka, Frieza, Gaara, Aizen or Raoh.
People who think Bnha is good, have NO standards, it's a shitfest of mediocre design and mediocre writing.

I'm going to be square with you user, even if I agree with your assessment - heck, even if I believe BnHA is ten times worth than what you've described, I would have still followed this series for the art alone

>that pic

>watchs a series for Wifufaggtory
The absolute state of BNHfags

Personally, I find it's genericness charming. Its very simple nature makes me feel like a kid again which is a bit nostalgic. I also dig the artstyle a lot which helps.

Guilty as charged.

Why are you so angry about this? I think the character designs are fine, are they really "the shittest all time designs"? Sounds a bit like hyperbole.

>Sounds a bit like hyperbole

You must be new here user. It doesn't matter whether it's decent or mediocre, just that "it's the worst possible thing on earth and you should feel bad for even liking this thing I've gone out of my way to shit on."

If a series exists, the higher it's popularity, the bigger the chance of a contrarian to shit on it, with or without a valid reason. Most of the time it's an overstatement or hyperbolic flaw. Sometimes in the case of Sup Forums it's a meta flaw on the type of posting it attracts. Most series with smaller recognition can sweep under the radar however.

Kek, the contrarian circle jerk is on full steam here.

>kek
BnHAfats everyone

Fuck off. Your favorite anime Hina Logi was shit.

It's good until the almight fights his archenemy, then it just falls off for some reason.

it's fun