Why is all anime romance so shit?

why is all anime romance so shit?

>why is a so b
I think there is a computer that makes these threads

That's the wrong genre if you're looking for good romance.

probably too normal for anime
so it's movies and railway station novels for you now

Because the writers have never experienced romance themselves and are self inserting.

Shoujo is worse because it's nothing but female power fantasy where mary sues wonder which badboy to get knotted by for 34569893 chapters

>What is Bakemonogatari, Toradora, Your lie in April and Clannad?

I love Bakemonogatari, but its hardly a romance anime.

Because they're written by kissless virgins for kissless virgins.

>Bakemonogatari
Fucking disgusting...

>Toradora
It was shit, Ami should've won
Even Minori was 1000x better than Taiga

>toradora
>romance
The romance starts in the final 2 episodes, the rest of the series is ryuji being a spineless cuck

>hurrrr it's a shoujo romance but the guy is tall and scary rather pretty and arrogant
utter trash
eh they're mediocre at best

I feel like Kemonozume and Kaiba are the only good romance anime

You sound like a retard
Please refrain from commenting on subjects you know nothing of

yeah okay romancefag

Kare Kano was very good to some point.
Also Touch is good. I didn't even watched it tho, but it's listed as romance, so it counts.

Because people who write the are social outcasts who don't have any friends let alone girlfriends.

kek

How is Takeo arrogant?

People who don't know about romance writing romance, simple as that.

stop this meme, most romance manga is written by written by women who are NOT outcasts or kissless virgins

Romance is garbage overall.

No wonder they are so unpopular, because kissless virgins can't relate to those

>Bake
>not a romance
The other Monogataris surely aren't, But Bake is about as simple and straightforward of a romance as you can get. Don't let the gaggle of girls and harem elements fool you, it's very traditional.

>harem
>romantic

>written by women who are NOT outcasts or kissless virgins
Are you sure?

It has romance elements with Ararararagi and Senjo, but it really isn't a "romance" anime.

women by definition can't be outcasts in society because they derive value from having a vagina and eggs

as for being virgin, well believe what you want but it is best to assume any girl over the age of 15 is a slut unless she shows you her hymen

cause they never fuck let alone kiss

You're 12 years old.

your mother sucks big nigger cocks

I'm sure these are confirmed facts and not made up

You're 12 years old.

Writing romance is difficult, especially if you're a shut-in Japanese who has never experienced a passionate love

your mothers sucks big nigger cocks

Niggy piggy wanna smoke my ciggy?

Needless drama

>> 163589584
Because romance should not be the main focus of a series the same way it is never the main focus of life.
Romance should be handled as Adachi does most of the time, as a key component of a full and meaningful life, but not the only component. That is why he also adds sports, school life, family problems, etc., he provides you with many aspects that, put together, form a credible and relatable framework of a (young) human life.
In this way, when a romantic relationship is developed, it isn't bumped into your face for the whole time, as the sole leading motivation of the protagonists, but it is something that, like life itself, follows a natural and organic course.

For the same reason, the depictions I prefer of romantic relationships in anime are in Hyouka, Cross Game and Haruhi Suzumiya, because you are given the opportunity to observe the characters in their everyday life, to see how they behave and what interests them, how they confront everyday situations and major struggles, what their goals are, you see why their respective relationships are important, until you can finally exclaim "Ah yes, of course, they are obviously made for each other".

Are you kidding? Have you seen the average fujoshi or are you from /r9k/?

meant for

Yeah actually

fujoshis still get pumped and dumped by chads m8, it's no different to the West in terms of nerdy girls getting cock

t. been to Japan

I'll take "Entry Level Garbage" for 800, Alex.

I want to kiss Megumeme's shoulders.

bake is the only good one among them and it was only romance in ep 12

watch welcome to the nhk

NHK isn't really romance.

Because you're expecting romance while watching some battle shounen tournament arc.

Because either the mc or the girl(s) are always autistic as fuck. "Romance" series are also always too long with pointless filler episodes

How do people feel about cute girls and horrible monster men?

How dense are you? It's literally romance from the first episode

it's a depressing kind of romance also it has the romance genre

I think you mean, horrible girls, and cute monster men.

Because you only watch popular shit. The masses have no taste in romance.

You best not be shitting on Chise now
You are right though Ellias is cute

Because you're looking for it in schlock for lonely virgins to pour their fantasies into.

Because the authors have no experience themselves.

How do people feel about simpletons and huge monster girls?

I prefer Greek Warriors with my giant chocolate cyclops girl

Doesn't come from a realistic basis and no one on Sup Forums would know how it works from experience.

Im currently watching Maison Ikkoku and i really like it. Its a product of its time and culture but there is a reason for the romance to take long and the mc actually gets other girlfriends along the way. Its not a masterpiece but it certainly is a good romance show

>ywn conquer Troy and then go back to your brown cyclops waifu
It really is a miracle that I mange to get out of bed every morning.

Because you have shit taste and you read normal fags shoujo

Because in most anime, instead of focusing solely on one character (Most often the MC) and their love interest, the writers try and force it into being harem shit with multiple girls after one guy's dick. Finding much of anything with an actual romance in it seems to be getting harder and harder because of it, and the only things that really come to mind are all manga, and OP specified anime. Romance in anime is usually just for the purpose of self inserting, and then there's some really bad examples like Hajime no Ippo where the romance goes nowhere for the entirety of the series. It sucks too because I actually adore romance when it's done right, but so many things get it wrong that it screws with my own perception of it.

its legit good though how about you fucking kill yourself

Kimagure orange road is supposed to be a good romance too.

>Nips
>Romance

Good joke.

>chads m8

More like

>t. been to /r9k/

I can’t stop reading romance manga

Koi to uso, started out great with the first episode but just went downhill from there as the MAC refused to pick a girl

Ef: A Tale of Memories/Melodies is good.

tell me some good romance mangas user?
I read Suki tte Ii na yo (Say I love you) and really liked that

Why is Sup Forums so Sup Forums?

often good:
anime original
vn adaptation

sometimes good:
ln adaptation

garbage:
mango adaptation

I wish redditors would stop spouting Toradora as good romance anime, Taige is trash.

Post an ugly girl that isn't intentionally obese and people would wanna fuck her.
There are no virgin girls typically. Even failing that, people aren't trying to be chaste it's seen as a negative these days.

How does it feel to have awful taste you generalizing faggot?

>cuck MC
>violent bitch love interest
You need to re-evaluate what good taste is.

Bake was the worst of the series. Uphill from there, certainly with more romance later on in the series.

Got me thinking
>dick MC
>bitch love interest
Which show has done this?

other than the obvious Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou

Im a manly guy but I loved this anime

The show got them together far too fast and really dropped off after the first couple of episodes. It had a really great start, then after episode 5 or 6 it went some weird angle and I ultimately ended up stop watching it

Have you guys stop to think that maybe you are dead inside?

You cannot write love when you have not experienced it

because japanese authors would rather conform to cookie cutter plots that are viewed as marketable by the industry. The brainless otaku cancer can't handle anything but the same regurgitated escapism-serving plots

This is also a big reason why I love Tsuki Ga Kirei so much. Tsuki Ga Kirei is more about middle schoolers maturing and growing up than it is about romance, and the romance is all the stronger for it. A lot of attention goes into Koutarou's writing and Akane's running, and their struggles there make their relationship all the stronger when they cheer each other on.

Well Yahari Ore no Seishun has
>MC that is an asshole to everyone
>ice queen love interest

thanks for the chuckle mr. robot

5 Centimeters per Second

You're just not watching the right ones.

having something else really lets conflict stem from something other than the relationship. Tsuki ga kirei didn't have to result to overplayed cringy tropes to make every episode have a story because there were other things going on in the characters lives.
And the showrunners knew how to dodge annoying anime tropes amazingly

I guess that counts, fucking nips with their love triangles
who am I kidding that shit trope is everywhere in the world, WHY CANT I JUST HAVE A CUTE LOVE STORY

this
this is the best thing
why isn't there just an entire "bunch of assholes being assholes" genre

I thought Clannad was an Irish folk rock band?

>inb4

I know a fujoshi from Japan, she's 30 and really fucking ugly. She lost her virginity to some old dude in his 60s.

She was really desperate that one time she went on a date with a dude and when they finished their meal, she straight up asked him, "Are we going to have sex now?".

He left.

Ouch. Wtf

Queers with their fucking Jojo's posters littered around their rooms shit talking the romance genre in general, meanwhile getting off to Yaoi on Ice and Deku x Bakugou Doujin's. This entire thread proves the density of every one of these emotionless faggots using Sup Forums as a way to look less like a normie in front of their online friends. Best of luck on your exciting journeys through Shounen jump manga and Naruto... (what the fuck did I just type)