Do anime studios make anime for the west?

Doesn't the anime industry make a lot of money from the west?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IUxNTHAq_DM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Studio Trigger only makes anime for the west

The west pirates more anime thanks to nyaa, stream site and various anime irc channels. Netflix cant reverse the damage, also making sjw friendly anime wont help.

Stop making these threads.

I dont think a lot of studio makes money from us, since a lot a of people whatch anime from illegal websites

Why are their shows in Japanese?

i mean it's not like i don't make an attempt to give them my money. makes me buttmad when i have a netflix subscription and i have to illegally watch a show that netflix has the rights to because they don't simulcast.

not only is it an inconvenience to me, the viewer, but it's an inconvenience to myself, the consumer, trying to give legal views whenever i can.

netflix succ a dicc

To attract a higher density of weeaboos who worship the East

Remember Afro Samurai? Black Lagoon? Cowboy Bebop?

>Not only is it an invoncenience to me, but it's an inconvenience to me!
>succ
>dicc
Stop writing like a retard or go back to where you came from.

Who do their shows air on japanese TV then? Even most hardcore weebs don't watch japanese TV

People are livestreaming anime all the time now

Not even.

>Do anime studios make anime for the west
DEEN literally just did that by making Neo Yokio

>Actually caring about legally paying for entertainment as if it gives a damn.
The reddit spacing says it all.

I mean, they'll work on English stuff.
For instance, Trigger helped out on an episode of Steven Universe

You mean reddit.

You mean BONES, if you support anime made by BONES you are killing anime.

They make more from China streaming along.

The majority of people in the West hate anime and think it's cartoons for pedophiles. The few that actually do like anime just pirate it.

In the sense that China is to the west of Japan, yes. The west is a major source of income for the anime industry.

No fucking way. Please tell me you're joking.

Well, just one person, but it's still officially acknowledged as Trigger's assistance
I wish he made the episode the slightest bit better

Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker was worked on Funimation and T.O Entertainment. It even had music by the one and only Gackt.

Sometimes. Space Dandy and season 2 of The Big O were both primarily financed by [Adult Swim].

Anime has been popular for a while now, but most people pirate anyway.

Before Korea developed its animation industry, Western shows routinely outsourced animation to Japan. Several episodes of Batman the Animated Series were produced by Sunrise, for example.

Better question, does Japan have any favorite American cartoons / shows?

Stop pirating you leeching pieces of shit.

Ah, you mean, around the time American animation looked good? And since the inferior Koreans took over, we've gone downhill?
Who would've guessed?

Yes they love Big Bang Theory
youtube.com/watch?v=IUxNTHAq_DM

Thankfully Rick and Morty saved the scene.

>trying to give legal views
fuck off cancer

Anime is "cool" nowadays, as long as it's stuff like SnK. No, I am not saying that shit is any good.

>BIG BAND SIRI

It's more a matter of using flash animation for everything, but yeah the Koreans historically were the people both the US and Japan would go to if they needed something done incredibly cheaply and quickly, quality be damned (see: the Island Arc of Nadia the Secret of Blue Water).

P I C K L E M A N

SnK is good though. Sup Forums should just accept that popular series can be good.

I suppose if it's one person then it isn't too bad. But steven universe, jesus christ. I'm sorry you had to go to its wiki, user.

steven universe was the biggest mistake ever created

Please tell me you're kidding.

The industry sure has gone downhill

No.

>Cowboy Bepop
>made for west
I wish this pleb-tier meme would just die. It was made for japs during westaboo-boom that also gave birth to stuff like Outlaw Star, Trigun and Hellsing.

Rest of stuff you're mentioning was actually made for west though.

I only watched the first season and like a couple of episodes from the second. What happened, did it get shit or is Sup Forums just being hipsters about something after it got popular?

Or is it just edgelords whining about "SJWs" again?

Black Lagoon wasn't made for the west, it's actually a pretty popular manga, or was like 10 years ago.

Simpsons is fairly popular in Japan afaik, so is Disney stuff. Also if I remember correctly South Park was very popular, but I think it was taken off from TV for being too political. You know that's huge taboo for japs.

How the actual fuck was Black Lagoon made for the west?

>You know that's huge taboo for japs.
How the fuck did season 2 of Stand Alone Complex get made then? It was literally about someone trying to recreate a historical fascist coup from 1930s Japan, then trick the USA into nuking Japan again- all in a plot to rewrite Japan's constitution to turn the JSDF back into a real military. That's about a political as something can get in Japan.

I keep hearing that it's the only anime out there that was actually partly funded by western sources, but I don't know if that's just a meme.

Also, there was Animatrix which is made purely for western market with Japanese creators. It's shit though, so not surprising that no-one remembers it.

Because it's sci-fi. This sort of stuff is okay in sci-fi and fantasy. The same reason why anime focusing on war is almost always SF/fantasy or tragedy films.

>but I think it was taken off from TV for being too political
*it was taken off from TV for being too fucking gay.
Japs like politics, so long as politics = Japan bestu.
The amount of anime with a Japan Stronk undercurrent is a light 92% per season. You just don't notice because they're not white.

If you converted, say, Gurren Lagann into a white production, it would be taken down for neo-nazism or toxic masculinity or something. Can you imagine some Nordic fucking Kamina statue celebrating the technological wonder-age built by a some white guys screaming about "drilling" shit? No way lmao.

>this doesn't describe half of superhero comics and cartoons

I swear you guys are so eager to get your panties in a twist about imagined political correctness you have to make it up where it doesn't already exist

not to mention vidyas like cowaduty, amount of pure unadulterated patriotism there is higher than in works like Gate

>1 customer review

okay, which of you degenerates bought this?

5/5 shirt, but how does it relate to thread? Pretty sure Gabriel Dropout was just subtle jesuit propaganda funded by pope and made to get heathen japs into christianity.

Isn't pic related dude from Bleach? I think i stopped reading around the time he got introduced

>unofficial anime apparel
You might as well shop on Hot Topic

It's just basic shounenshit that tries to be edgy by having more violence than the usual and has a gimmick of giants that gets old fast. Not saying that it's worst shounenshit out there though, but it's far from best.

its only memorable moment imo was when they lowered that platoon down the elevator into the room full of giants
very grim in an otherwise very boring series

[american ip] has a jap dub so ITS MY FAVORITE ANIMU XDDD

Anime will never be cool until I can talk to chad about moeshit without him mentioning instagram memes.

>reddit spacing
I've been away for a while, what the fuck does this phrase mean?

You can't single-space on reddit. You have to hit enter twice and double-space to make a separate line.
Whereas here you don't do that. He's saying that force of habit is making that other guy type like he's on reddit even though he's here.

But actually everyone that says that is pants on head retarded and it just looks better to separate sections of your post with double spacing.

It's more likely for anime to cater to China than to cater to the west.

Off the top of my head,
>Afro Samurai
>Interstella 5555
>FLCL Season 2 (To be released)
>Space Dandy
Were all made for western audiences or with western audiences in mind. Heck the english dub of Space Dandy was released before the japanese version.

What animes cater to China? Don't think I've ever really seen any. I mean chinese characters (if they exist) in anime tend to be comedic or bad guys which is perfectly understandable given the politics between China and Japan.

Still, anime seems to be popular in China.

Lurk more, faggot.

Why do white people and black people always want to mess with the anime industry? Fix your own cartoons.

>animes
Retard.

"Saving" the world is way more fun than cleaning your room, user.

Triggerfags are this delusional.

Ok, I believe this.
You're reek of reddit, why don't you return there?

Stop nagging mum