Anyone still watching this trainwreck?

Anyone still watching this trainwreck?

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/ANNJakeH/status/919770946499571712
reddit.com/r/anime/comments/76dja4/spoilers_ballroom_e_youkoso_episode_15_discussion/doiq1yc/?utm_content=permalink&utm_medium=front&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=anime
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes, what's wrong with it aside from the animation at times

I'm dreading watching Tatara and Chinatsu fumble around during the training arc.

I don't think it's a trainwreck at all. Shits fine to me. I'm hyped to see more dancing and Chinatsu has surprisingly lived up to her hype, she's pretty great.

>trainwreck
Retard.

I don't even know where to start with the latest episode, I had such a visceral hatred for such a big part of it. I don't know which I found more offensive, the homophobic "joke" or how the show insists on this narrative that "only the leader matters" "the judges only look at the (male) leader" "it doesn't matter if the girl isn't talented, the man will make up for it" etc etc. It boggles the mind why the author chose to write a story about a team sport that necessitates a man and a woman to cooperate when she clearly refuses to treat the female characters as anything but second-class citizens
. Given that the manga is written by a woman I am surprised at how much the female characters are made to suffer, and how the narrative treats them so poorly and with so little respect.

It also boggles my mind why she would even write a story about ballroom dancing when she 1): seemingly doesn't know much about the sport, and 2): has clearly never consulted actual dancers as to how the two partners are supposed to work together.

Wow

>I don't know which I found more offensive, the homophobic "joke"
Alright I can easily disregard this thread

Yes, and I hate myself for it.

The pacing is a fucking joke. They take up so much fucking time doing like two minutes of dancing, and they don't even bother animating the dancing well.

To be fair Tatara seemed baffled at the idea of the partner not mattering or only being a secondary point score and I don't think we're going to see him stand for that. I see it as a strong criticism of the judging method for the sport.

user please don't post MAL posts here.

>Location: Mexico
Ayyyyyy

>the homophobic "joke"
it's japanese, they dont care about gays. dont watch anime if you cant stand japanese culture.

>insists on this narrative that "only the leader matters" "the judges only look at the (male) leader" "it doesn't matter if the girl isn't talented, the man will make up for it"

thats just the fucking sport, also youre full of shit. i dont even know where you took anything youre saying from, im guessing from your own ass. pay fucking attention to whats actually happening and being said instead of being a triggered little shit.

Yes, it's comfy.
It's a shame they have to rush things, but since the mangaka is dying and it's not a top seller it was never gonna get a second season, so might as well adapt all the current chapters this time around.

>it's japanese, they dont care about gays. dont watch anime if you cant stand japanese culture.
They do, though.

I like it since I'm a sucker for niche sport. Sure the mangaka might not be crazy with the details but I cant ask it to be a serious academia shit.

When the producers made that comment about YoI, 90% of the remaining fanbase dropped it.

What did he say?

>missing the point
>baiting
I don't know what's worse.

>I don't know which I found more offensive, the homophobic "joke"
Stopped reading there. What the fuck is this thread?

Learn to recognize bait user, though I know it gets difficult these days.

It's a comment copy-pasted from Sup Forums.

Not that it's particularly wrong, this anime writing is shit.

A trainwreck is something so bad yet so interesting that you can't look away.

Except Yuri on Ice proved Japan can do better LGBT representation

mobile.twitter.com/ANNJakeH/status/919770946499571712

>LGBT representation
Stop acting as if Yol did anything for actual Japanese people that identify as LGBT. It's literally just fujoshit.

are you a gay japanese?

I switched to the manga and it’s alright. Not gonna continue watching an anime about dancing where they don’t even animate the dances. What a joke

here's your (you), you deserve it

It’s ok, the mangaka will be dead soon anyways

>Wah wah! Heteromen in this show react weirded out, like real men would if they were advanced by aggressive gays.
Get you shit together, user. To get hung up on one representation of the gays in a show that is not even supposed to cater to them is really pathetic, and just proves that gays are attention seeking whiners.

Found the trumptard

>trainwreck

Not really. You are just butthurt because the world doesn't works the way you want it to work.

Go back to whatever shithole you came from. You sound like that reviewer from ANN who reviews Ballroom weekly.

>Wah! Wah! Of course this shitshow would have gay man be a caricature that goes straight (ha) for the alpha male man. Look at our manly man show! We're so funny

There. Fixed it for you

Never watched it. But if alpha lady wins the mc bowl I'll pick it up.

I do appreciate the manga has gotten more attention because of the anime. Sucks the mangaka is dying.

>Look at our manly man show!
because Tatara's the epitome of manliness right

are all faggots like this or just you

>muh LGBT representation

Kill yourself degenerate.

>the homophobic "joke"
Get the fuck outta of here you fucking gayass faggot bitch

>LGBT representation
Kill yourself faggot

>trainwreck
Stop using that buzzword, newfriend. I didn't recall Ballroom has shitty story at all.
Most of people don't like this adaptation because of its artistic style choice only.

This is fucking cancer, they want to shove the "gay" bullshit into this anime

non original anime can't be trainwrecks

watched till ep 13

so far, 7.5/10

pretty enjoyable, started a bit boring but became better later. mc a bit generic, but really charismatic. main problem with this anime is the music and dancing, which doesn´t match at times. Bad decision of OST usage 1/2 of the time

>homophobic joke

stopped readin there
fucked that faggotry

>Tatara's the epitome of manliness right

Soon.

Joke flew right over your head, mate. It's okay. The level of insecurity and retardness in this thread really show that ballroom gets the support it deserves. At least it has good animation, right? Oh, wait.. kek

>anime is flopping
>author is dying

Hetfags BTFO.

>mangaka is dying

Nani?

I want to because the character designs look great but the subject doesn't seem too interesting.

>the character designs
Maybe if they were ever on-model.

She's dying earthworm jim.

The character designs are close the manga actually.

What are you on? This barely looks anything like the manga. That's why so many mangafags were turned off.
Nah, they tried to make it look like haikyuu!! But it was terrible Idea because haikyuu's style just doesn't look good with long limbs/necks

>This barely looks anything like the manga. That's why so many mangafags were turned off.
Not him but the character designs are fine, retard.
Mangafags complain mostly because of lack animations & long neck in dancing scenes.

I bet you don't even watch the series. So please, shut the fuck up.

>homophobic
Why the fuck did you mention homophobia when you're clearly bitching about gender equality. Are you retarded?

Lol, no. Character designs is just like in Haikyuu!, because it done by the same studio and they probably can't draw eyeleashes normally.

>Not him but the character designs are fine, retard.

Not really. They somehow manage to do some characters just right and at the same time fuck up others. They also cut out some of the characters for some reason that i don't know.

Nice nitpicking faggot. If the anime did any good it's the character designs.

It's not a trainwreck, it's fairly straight forward with where it's going.

Also one of the shows I look forward to every week. Could read the manga, but will probably wait until the anime finishes airing to start it.

reddit.com/r/anime/comments/76dja4/spoilers_ballroom_e_youkoso_episode_15_discussion/doiq1yc/?utm_content=permalink&utm_medium=front&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=anime
found you

Do it. So many good bits skipped by the anime.

>ever consulted actual dancers as to how the two partners are supposed to work together.
Stopped reading there.

No, faggot. They did some good and others like shit.

>nitpicking

It must be hard to be this mental challenged nowdays, should i've been to go all out and point all the fuck ups of this studio for sole reason of your moronic presence? I think no.

>trainwreck
Buzzwords all over the place.
On topic: me.

Forgot to add, that if i wanted to nitpick i would point this out.

>Fucking furry eyelashes
>Fucking Caterpillar

>mental challenged

Look who's talking. Every anime is bound to have QUALITY especially in a 2 cour small budget like this ballroom that can barely animate dancing scenes. Admittedly last episode had lots of it.

So fucking hard to draw lines in correct shape, seriously? They aren't 3D, they 2D. You need just to make line like in manga, there no need to show shape or anything else in samples that i showed. You must be retarded to protect this bullshit.

Trainwreck? How?

Or were you just wanting to start a thread with an obvious catchy headling?

Pretty sure this is a pasta from reddit.

>He think people randomly grab other people genitals

Why is her neck SO LONG

I know right.

>HURR DUUUR ADAPTATION SHOULD BE 100% THE SAME
Have you drink you medicine today, retard?

Manga has THICK EYELASHES TOO, fucking dumbass.

Haikyuu isn't for fujos either.

Why is she *SO BEAUTIFUL

The best part about Haikyuu is that everytime the fujos make a fuss the author makes two or three chapters focused on girls or introduces a new girl. By being obnoxious shits they're actually making it less and less fujo.

It's not people. It's Sengoku's gay rival who has it out for him and likes to tease him because he everyone knows Sengoku is a womanizer. He did not touch Tatara indecently.

I hate people like this so much. Do they not realize that in most of the world being a faggot is a stigma and isn't celebrated? Also anybody that has anything to do with ANN should automatically have their opinions discarded when it comes to anime.

>responding seriously to bait
Kill yourselves.

He is russian dancer to add, which i being russian find hilarious. So far Japs probably best to portray russians.

Ah yes, the many relevant girls of Haikyuu.

>It's not people. It's Sengoku's gay rival who has it out for him and likes to tease him because he everyone knows Sengoku is a womanizer. He did not touch Tatara indecently.
The whole joke was that the dude is now gay and has lost their respect since he's not manly anymore, which it's dumbfuck as hell given they are practicing queers doing ballets.

HQ own all its success to fujos, go check what kind of official art they put out

> given they are practicing queers doing ballets.

Either you are fujo or a fat bait.

So it was reddit after all.

QUALITY happens in anime. Deal with it retard. Not all studios can be consistent especially not IG.

Soon.

I want to commit a crime.

I'll never believe that's a 15-year old body, even though she has been dancing for a long time.

Something tells me the peeps of Production I.G. should have re-hauled the entire series and taken a more liberal adaptation because it seem being faithful to the manga is opening up problems no one has noticed before

Also, omnipander the marketing! Who the fuck is this even for? Its not like we see any of the girls on Megami or Nyantype

I fucking knew it, here read this post again:

Oh yes, ballet, the manly sport for manly men.

>Also, omnipander the marketing! Who the fuck is this even for?
You know those dudes who always bitch about sport anime being for fujos?

YoI wasn't made to represent sodomites or anything disgusting like that. It was made to give some random fujo women something to look at.

Please fucking kill yourself.

Lelouche?

Hm, you are the dude that dance around/with a beautiful women. Yeah, it's so gay. Not like playing in team of 11 dudes.

>YoI wasn't made to represent sodomites or anything disgusting like that
Oh, it's another mentally ill who think people in Japan don't have opinions.

>>/pol

bushy eyelashes are my second favorite thing behind bushy brows

Dudes who dress like faggots and practice a sport for girls.

Why hasn't this thread been nuked yet?

No one cares about this series, not even the mods