How did this garbage series ever take off...

How did this garbage series ever take off? It's the most uninspired rip off piece of shit that's been put into serialization this decade.

It's literally the exact same garbage were the author relies on you being stupid enough to view the main character as the underdog even though there's really no reason that he should ever fail.

Deku became the greatest hero because he had the greatest quirk. Naruto became the hokage because he had the strongest entity inside him. How the fuck is that suppose to be inspirational to anyone in the slightest?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o9ERlMgQLd4
youtube.com/watch?v=NFmxsgXqAQg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think I just really like all might and uraraka

People that buy this want more of the same.

What are you talking about? Nobody looks at anime to be inspired, they looks at anime for booby

It's literally naruto kids bop version.

They'll straight rip scenes from naruto and babify it or remove any sense of depth or build up.

The same way every other battle shounen in the last twenty+ years did. The same way WSJ remains the best-selling magazine. The same way DBS manages to have a dozen+ threads up right now. Because a large portion of anime/manga "fans" are casual faggots who just want to see random fights and rehashes of the same bland shit they liked as kids.

Most of the "heroes" were ok, and their concept very creative and fun to watch. The only thing I can agree about being complete garbage and when the author jumped the shark was Stain's motives for doing what he does, and that ridiculous reason for an edgefest asshole like Bakugo to be considered a hero, when he's clearly a villain. Those two things are simply terrible, terrible writing

Defense force reporting.

example?
This is not entirely wrong.
Im not sure I understand why you think Bakugo is a poorly written character. He is prideful, but still wants to be a hero.

(You)

I have my gripes with the writing in many areas, but its still enjoyable

It all can point to the idea of "I watched DBZ when I was little and all I wana watch now are animes of people beating the living shit out of each other."
Its not a bad show all in all, but its to generic and has been done before.

The mangaka doesn't know how to proper write a story

>Let's go lightning fast and skip showing you important stuff, instead just having a few word bubbles on a black page
>Now I'll all of a sudden slow the fuck down during a boring arc
This guy needs to learn pacing

You don't know how to proper write a sentence.
This is what happens when you read weekly scans idiot.

I agree with this. Kimetsu no Yaiba might have shitty art but it's more interesting than this garbage.

Always fun to see Sup Forums act contrarian once something get popular and then struggle to actually make an argument so they go back to "its generic" stock arguments like anything this board likes isn't generic garbage.

>so they go back to "its generic" stock arguments like anything this board likes isn't generic garbage.
And it's funny how you just did that yourself

You are talking to a board that has literal, unironic Black Clover and Boruto threads. Naruto, One Piece and Bleach threads are understandable because its possible the people participating in them started reading those when they were 12, but you are arguing taste against a board full of grown-ass adults who knowingly chose to start reading and discussing children's' series.

Did you type this up at a starbucks?
Not watching for allmight.

It's pretty amazing i like it more than most other shounen anime.
Are you sure you're not just being a contrarian?

I agree that all those anime you listed are shit, so I hate to break it to you but all anime is for children.

If I like original hot for my wings, I don't get reprimanded by my friends for ordering original hot the next time I go

Yuri when?

It's just a fun superhero book, it's not the best written by any means by why do you find it so offensive that people like it?

youtube.com/watch?v=o9ERlMgQLd4

I mean he told deku to kill himself in the beginning

The fucking seagulls holy shit

youtube.com/watch?v=NFmxsgXqAQg

try cajun man

Yeah it's garbage

And over to your left you'll see the Jaded Contrarian critic.

This little scrapper hasn't understood the purpose of Catharsis yet, and also wants to utilize rudimentary awareness of story tropes by crying havock any time he recognizes them being used in media.

Because as we all know, the best way to write an engaging story is to subvert cliche tropes by doing the exact opposite without having an important reason to.

>My first impression of a person overwhelmingly dictates my opinion of them now.
You might actually need to watch more shounen anime. The lessons don't seem to be sinking in.

Is the hxh pic supposed to be ironic? Because that manga proves subverting cliches is better than cliche shit

If subverting a trope is the best way to tell the story, then by all means do so.
But if you demand a trope be subverted for the vague reason of making the story better, you'll just end up with garbage.

You're seeing problems that aren't there so you can be the one to fix them.

Pretty boring desu imo family.

I was recommended mob psycho after trying this and never looked back.

Just like a real american cape comic.

>the best way to write an engaging story is to subvert cliche tropes by doing the exact opposite
Please look to your right to see a strawman in its natural habitat.

how do you complain about bnha and not black clover

because its marketed towards kids and to kids all that stuff is new to them

Uh huh.
Now the next step is to specify where I'm wrong by elaborating how exactly the OP's opinion is different from the Strawman of him I presented.

How does writing for the sole purpose of making as different from everything else as possible produce anything other than a work void of meaning and likely still full of tropes the author didn't notice.

I fail to see your point

> the next step is to specify where I'm wrong by elaborating how exactly the OP's opinion is different from the Strawman of him I presented
All he did was call BnHA a ripoff and "the exact same garbage," and somehow from that you jumped to "he wants it to subvert tropes by doing the exact opposite." That is a massive strawman, you're putting things in his mouth that he never even remotely implied.

Honestly, I've always felt they should have kept Deku quirkless.
Have him become the Batman of the setting, using his mind and gadgets and shit instead of superpowers to become a Hero against all odds. He'd then still be the real underdog of the story, instead of being basically untrained Superman.

too much to handle

only one of them is unironically considered good by the masses

Fine, I'll bite: rip off of what?

This really. Even the argument that liking it makes you casual holds no ground. For me, it's just one of many, many other things I follow and I happen to like it quite a bit.

You can't take that information and determine a thing about my taste. People like that have been here forever though and are never going away so I get the pointlessness of my tangent, it's just frustrating.

Naruto, Dragon Ball, One Punch Man, and Kinnikuman when it was a superhero parody rather than a wrestling parody.

All OP focuses on is what makes Hero Academia similar to other battle shounen, and then exaggerates the audacity of it having parallels to Naruto.
And his topic specifically is about the quality of the shows audience. He shows here that any argument about how and why Hero Academia might stand out or differ from other shounen in comparable ways is invalid and not up for debate.
He made the topic about the people who watch the anime.
So I replied with a blanket statement of my view of him.

>not expecting sky high
that was mistake number 1

Oh hey it's you again, how've you been?

>then exaggerates the audacity of it having parallels to Naruto
That wasn't even a criticism of it for being cliche, that was highlighting a (claimed) flaw that he saw in both of them. That has nothing to do with what he thinks stories should do regarding cliches / originality.

>So I replied with a blanket statement of my view of him.
And that view, as I've just said, is a strawman that is not actually supported by anything he (or really anyone else ITT) have said. You're attacking an argument that wasn't made.

You're telling us that this show rips off the fucking SHONEN GENRE itself? Are you retarded or what?

He's attacking an argument that's made frequently enough that I at least appreciated his input.

>One Punch man
Not every manga with a superhero theme a ripoff of OPM faggot

I think the selling point of this trolling isn't the repeated threads. It's the bad arguments. It's like they don't even try and that's the frustrating thing. Maybe that's the real trolling.

The author crammed so many uninteresting and unremarkable characters so fast he killed his manga.

Deku and Naruto weren't very popular in their respective series. Something about shounen tradition to make the MC so fucking bland so the more interesting side characters get to shine brighter when they get the spotlight.

Yeah, a couple of years ago everyone was literally praising the series as one of the best in this decade. After the popularity of the anime first season they started shitposting and being contrarian faggots.

I just enjoy reading it

This, also
O

You say that for everything popular

> a couple of years ago everyone was literally praising the series as one of the best in this decade
>everyone
No.

Shonen is a demographic not a genre, you retard.

>inspired
user...I....

but they are a rip off of perman

Yes we always had few contrarian faggots even then

>Shonen
>Genre

Next you'll tell me about the Young Adults Genre or the Geriatric Genre or the Children's Genre.

Retard.

>everyone who dislikes a series is contrarian

How was what he highlighted a flaw, though? All he did was point them out and repeatedly say it's the same overused Garbage. We're left to assume what makes them flawed is that they are overused.

Complaining that something is bad for no reason other than it is overused more than warrants my Strawman of him.
If anything, my mockery of him was more flattering because I portrayed him as at least presenting a solution and not just attacking readers and writers for petty reasons.

If there's anything else you want me to address, let me know.

When it first aired,I dropped it at ep 1.
Then I saw ep 2 when 2nd season aired and really liked it.
I guess its not the underdog story but the idealistic heroism the show presented that attracted me.

>How was what he highlighted a flaw, though?
I said "(claimed)" flaw, user. I'm not arguing that it is or isn't. The obvious implication was that having someone with super strong powers presented as an "underdog" is contradictory / ineffective. Again, I'm not interested in arguing whether he's right, but that was clearly what he was trying to say, not "making a strong guy the underdog is bad because it's cliche."
>Complaining that something is bad for no reason other than it is overused more than warrants my Strawman of him.
>more than warrants my Strawman of him
>if someone says something stupid, then misconstruing his position becomes a valid argument
Alright, I give up, you clearly either don't get it or just don't give a shit.

If there are good arguments instead of buzzwords or sentences like 'ripoff of X,Y,Z....','Why does everyone like it','So generic',etc.. which can be thrown at anything(Dragon Ball Z is a ripoff of Fist of the North Star which is a ripoff of Chinese Wuxia which is a ripoff Western fantasy blah blah blah and they are so generic.Bad guy comes,gets defeated by good guy) then its OK
Even plain 'not my thing' as an argument is okay(But then there's no point in the post then)
A contrarian is a faggot who dislikes it jjust because he its popular or gaining momentum.

But Deku is'nt presented as an underdog.Maybe in the first episode when he had no powers but later on its established that even when not in control of his full power he's still the third strongest in his class.
The only guy who's maybe shown as an underdog is maybe Grape Juice.

You know I never got the impression that he was supposed to be an underdog either. All of his big moments simply represent growth in his ability to handle his power.

What many YA authors don't get is that people will empathize even with a protagonist who isn't Blandy McSelfinsert #7426495. That's the whole point of first-person storytelling.
So we can enjoy the protagonist winning at life, even if he's not (what authors consider) a carbon copy of the reader. One guy and -only- one guy being badass is still more uplifting than, say, the possibility of no-one at all being badass.
Stories don't have to pander, or be 'realistic', to be fun. And a hero is defined more by his morals than his power level, even if those morals will never had to include courage because he's so tough.

>But Deku is'nt presented as an underdog

He's an underdog against the people he fights against, like Todoroki and Bakugo.

He's saves both of them. He saves Todoroki and he's attempting to save Bakugo while also trying to beat him. It's actually quite the complicated relationships there.

>bakugofags

He loses to both of them regardless (save for that time he won in the test involving Bakugo), hence him being an underdog. The saving part is irrelevant.

Yes. If someone says something stupid, misconstruing him is not only valid, but expected.
If they don't want to spend a 12 post reply chain arguing with someone, then they shouldn't bury their argument in emotional bullshit.

As for Selling those anime's as Underdog stories, Naruto is pretty infamous for being a bait and switch, OP. When Naruto Started out, they sold it as an Orphaned nobody with a dangerous cursed power, and the only reason he was achieving his dream was perseverance.
Then they made Naruto's dad the 4th Hokage, and they made his mom from some super famous Ninja clan. and that he was Ninja jesus who was destined from birth to save people.
It was a huge shift in tone and frustrated a lot of readers.

I'd say it's the losing part that's irrelevant. They're working towards becoming heroes. Which he's excelling at. While Bakugo and Todoroki failed the provisional license exam. Although Bakugo deserved it more than Todoroki.

I mean if Naruto could get popular with bad writting, everyone important being an emo, asspulls everywhere I don't see how it surprises you to se Boku No Hero getting popularity.

>He's an underdog against the people he fights against, like Todoroki and Bakugo.
Nope.If anything even Bakugo is shown more of as an underdog than Deku.He was the big shot in his small town and school and he came to a prestigious academy to find out that there are many who can overwhelm him.
After the first fight against Deku he was shitting in his pants when he realised Deku would have BTFO him if he was'nt holding back.

That picture is a good example. That kid with the blue hair, Star. The first time you see him, he's trying to murder a little girl for the sake of fame and glory. How is that different from Bakugo?

He's a bit more fun character than Bakugo. He doesn't take himself seriously and isn't angry all the time, he's just so full of himself that it turns right back at itself and becomes hilarious. He's kind of a meme.

Why does this anime gets like 3 seasons in a row and animes like Mob Psycho 100 don't? when clearly they're also popular..

>Naruto
You forgot the part where they keep showing that scene between young Sasuke and Naruto touching pinkies that made no sense considering how they were introduced in the begining of the series.

Naruto started interesting and then turned into a "who is the biggest mary sue" contest.

Difference is that bakugo remained asshole with chip on his shoulder because all world stopped to suck him.

*trying to murder a witch, beings defined as the ultimate evil and archenemies of the academy

and then he spares her as soon as she sees her BECAUSE she is a little girl

>If anything even Bakugo is shown more of as an underdog than Deku
>Wins tournament
>Deku imitates him to make use of Full Cowl
>Deku is holding back because he's going to BTFO himself if he doesn't

Not really convinced.

Honestly I think OPM and Mob Psycho are a much bigger cancer than this is

It’s inoffensive shonen battle manga. There are far worse manga to be upset about. Remember this is aimed at 8-14 year olds, it’s like being angry that Teletubbies exist “they’re so fat and gay this makes tv look so shit and childish!”

How are any of these cancer? Is it because you don't like their fanbases?

Because one has meme animation that takes ages to complete while the other is more sparing and uses the usual low budget motion tricks to convey movement

Nigger, if there were a 24/7 general for Teletubbies, I would stay far the fuck away from that board forever.

Deconstructions are the lamest shit

Making shonen shit then pretending you are laughing at it ironically is so ducking gay

Postmodernism was a mistake and should be over already

Yeah I thought the same. It just feels like Naruto over again.

>wins tournamant
Because Todoroki did'nt consider him worthy enough to fight at his full power
>Deku imitates him to make use of Full Cowl
Thats learning from others
>Deku is holding back because he's going to BTFO himself if he doesn't
Still,if the punch had connected it could have possibly even kill him and Deku still used it regardless

This

Just the new Naruto with an American superhero flavor that catches the interest of the kids/young teens. We have one every decade.

Power creep will set in, as much as the fanbase denies it, and turn to a power level wank fest.

t. brainlet