Kino is a girl!

Kino is a girl!

Kino is Kino.

Will the new VA for Sakura become a big star like Aoi Yuuki?

nice Sup Forums meme.

No, Kino is trap.

Kino is /k/ino.

What a fucking bait & switch the 1st ep was.
Its like a 15 minutes setup for the stupidest joke ever.

>killing isnt against the law
>are you listening, killing isnt against the law
>remember, killing doesnt make you a criminal
>Beware, are you sure you want to enter a nation where killing isnt criminalized?
>just kidding, it is against the law XD

What a fucking pointless 1st episode, jesus fucking christ?

You completely missed the point of the episode. They kill him in the end and none of them gets punished for it. The point Regel was trying to make is that killing for the wrong reasons will get you killed there.

Congratulations user. You're retarded.

I'm liking 03 Kino better, I hope current Kino gets better.

First episode was literally "an armed society is a polite society" the animu.

>Select all images with motorcycles.
Dammit Google!

What If I told you killing isnt against the law in our society?
The police will come after you and kill you if you try to resist them however and if people nearby see you committing a murder they're allowed to use deadly force to stop you.

We should advertise our society everywhere in the world that "killing isnt agaisnt the law, come here and just fucking murder people" and get plenty of psychos come and attempt to murder other people. Wouldnt that be fucking hilarious.

why is everyone in Kino's world insane?

time and tide will surely tell!

is she a cute girl?

Yes

If anyone can kill anyone the first person who's going to get killed is someone who enjoys murdering people for no reason.

Politica Correction: we are told xer is a girl and only see xer wear a dress, we don't actually know xim is a girl.

Shigusawa wrote all the stories by starting with the quirk and the twist on the meaning or logical conclusion that comes from a society having that quirk and then wrote the stories from there.

It makes everyone weirdos because each story is just exploring that one thing I guess.

>genderqueer
This sounds hilarious to me. Do people actually call themselves that? It sounds derogatory.

I know a couple of people online, but they're cool with other people using their biological pronoun. I've almost never see them actually wanting to be called xer, xim, etc.

please don't ruin Kino for me

leave

Sorry, got a bit carried away there.

Anyway, while Kino is cute/handsome, I could never really see her as hot. She's more of a sister/daughteru material than waifu.

Cute girls are waifu material. Hot girls are slut material.

I miss when girls that acted like boys were just called tomboys.

Nu-kino is shit. SHIT

user, this is the idealiced USA town for if you didn't noticed

ideals are the worst things to do another things, specially societies

she looks like Kirito now

>law
> the system of rules which a particular country or community recognizes as regulating the actions of its members and which it may enforce by the imposition of penalties.

So in this show the community recognizes that killing is wrong and regulates the actions of its member with a penalty of death.
They're just lying about it not being against the law because of semantics or something? Its so fucking stupid, fuck.

Just because it's legal doesn't mean it's socially acceptable. There was no law involved, the guy exercised his right to try to kill someone else, and the rest of the community exercised their right to kill him.

what was the point of the scanlines anyway?

I kinda wish less anime worked solely on the logic that "everyone is insane".

Weird for the sake of weird.

...it might have worked because almost the entirety of Kino 2003 was slightly unnerving.

WHOA

Trying to hide the low budget behind an actual filter

nnnnnnn....

How did hermes even become hermes?
I don't know if i'm just not far enough into the original to understand but it seems like it just magically happened after the original Kino was killed
at first I thought ok maybe its just Kino imagining things but its pretty obvious that others can hear Hermes too

Why does it look better than the new series if the budget was that low?

I've always liked to think that the original Kino was immediately reincarnated into Hermes after he was killed.
Still though, another part of me also thinks that Hermes voice is just a coping mechanism she came up with in order to deal with her tragic past and loneliness.

How is it possible for a cgi bike look so horribly choppy in motion, I mean it looks really bad.
Is it just incompetence?

Are you an American?

It's a scheme to trick the kind of people they don't want in their community to show their true colors. In an ordinary society where killing is outlawed the killers will try to hide and run away. An ordinary society will contain some small amount of murderers despite it being outlawed. The trick these people use allows them to catch and kill any would-be wrongdoers right off the bat as they'll reveal themselves thinking they won't be punished. Any criminals who enter that would otherwise spread the truth about the country's scheme are killed. Also, Kino saw the trick being used and kept quiet about to the traveler he met outside afterward. Good people might also be unlikely to spread their knowledge of the trick because they don't mind evil people getting killed.

So the point of their laws is to create a certain reputation that enables them to identify and eliminate evil people with very low false negative rate. The end result is a society that's more peaceful than a society with ordinary laws.

The other explanation is that they just want to kill evil people and are using their country as a honeypot to lure them in. But I think the first idea is more likely.

>>The other explanation is that they just want to kill evil people and are using their country as a honeypot to lure them in. But I think the first idea is more likely.

I like this better. Good people can't feel like good people if they can't punish evil doers to sate their bloodlust.

If they wanted to kill people then they'd be the bad people.
If they wanted people to kill other people so they'd have justification to kill them in return then they'd be full blown psychos.

I like the surreal, parable nature if it.

I know how you feel, user. I Dropped after epsiode 2. How a MC can kill an entire country by fucking nothing and shows no remorse? I don't want a douchebag MC with no emotions. thanks.

Wait a minute. The doggo can talk? Holy shit.
Picked up again.

Should I go back and watch the old kino? I didn't hate the first two episodes and I wouldn't mind checking out the old one.

Watch the old Kino while you wait for new episodes.

If you're interested, then go for it.

old kino is great, do it
It has a really nice tone and message each episode

I'll give it a go then thanks.

In the original series it's actually a two-parter that explains things a bit better also not all the people living there are citizens so it's just the upper class that's been fucking around in the coliseum while the country falls apart and people starve in the slums

It's probably because they're going to be adapting more of the stories featuring Riku and whatshisname so they wanted to get their into out of the way rather than spending two episodes adapting the coliseum again.

I want to make Kino feel like a woman

Is Akemi Homura Kino's reincarnation?

>guns
>trauma
>determination
>looks like her loli times
>red ribbon
>autism

Could you?

Should I rewatch the original or are they covering the same stories again?

That's the width, not the length.

I'm Kino's boyfriend

okay

They did the coliseum twice but I don't think they did the other one. I think they're specifically doing the fan favourite stories this time.

He'd only been writing the stories for three years when they did the fist anime and he's still doling it so they'll probably do different ones.

Do you think Kino would appreciate being given potatoes to take with her on her journey?
Would Kino even like potatoes?

hahaha gay

>I want to make Kino feel like a woman

What did he mean by this?

Kino will accept any food

You're going to have to get in line to get in line, my friend.

They had to do Coliseum to introduce sword guy and his talking doggo, since they'll get their own stories later. Other than that I think the only other chapters that are being repeated are Land of Adults and A Kind Land.

Goth loli doesn't suit girls with short hair.

does Kino ever have sex?

No.

How do you think she pays for her travels?

>implying implications

I cant even express how wrong you are

Shooting people mostly I think.

Not in the way your perverse headcanon says she does.

Yes, with me.

...and has a boy, Hermes, constantly between her legs, riding him with all her might.

Let's hope she stays true to him, otherwise she is merely a slut.

why not?

Typical of Sup Forums shitlords, getting genders wrong

Vehicles don't have genders.

Because she's emotionally distant and broken and sex is something you only do with someone you're close to, unless you're a hedonistic savage which Kino is not, but the wall she's set up around herself keeps her from getting close enough to someone that she would do so much as kiss them, never mind fucking them.

just like this guys

>Vehicles don't have genders.

Why do people always refer to them as a she then ?

>Kino and Shizu cross paths again
>Shizu is overjoyed and thought of her often
>Kino barely remembers him
can't wait

>Hey, it's that dog!

It's a reflection of the beauty they have. If they said "he's a beauty" then they might come off as a homo and "it's a beauty" is just cold.

I still haven't figured out how to get scanlines onto my media player

>Vehicles don't have genders.
Well, by that logic fictional characters don't have a gender either.
They act out a gender, but they don't have it.

how does she take care of her body's needs then?

Ignores them?

Or, you know, motorbikes vibrate...

Masturbating, presumably.

The entire point of the episode was that there are two layers of law.
There is the law which is written and enforced by the state and the law that is untold and enforced by the people.
In this episode we have a very simple take on this complex issue. There is the explicit law granting permission, but then social rules turn this permission into a particularly severe prohibition. Another interesting thing is that the law enables prosecution without the law, the law itself denies its own own relevance.

Kino is fucking ugly

Kino fixed Hermes and he's from the land where machines have a soul, and he had a spare machine soul with him?

Kill you're self

Consider sawing your skull open and placing your brain into a vat of hydrofluoric acid.