New LWA OVA announced

>new LWA OVA announced
>no thread
What gives?

First I've heard of it.

sauce your claim op

TV series was so bad most people stopped caring.

Source nigger

All LWA characters are lolis. Maybe there were threads, but they got deleted?

LWA lost a lot of popularity after the TV show, even shit like maidragon or kemono are more popular in the west.

That's from the video game cutscenes.
Though that was the rumor a while back, that one of the extras of the game would be an ova.

Same can be said about LWA to be honest my onii-chan

It was bogus. We are getting a Drama CD and some kind of "special content BD".

First season was a retread+mediocre
Second season crashed the entire thing into the side of an active volcano
The hardcore yuri pandering by the staff and writers was the equivalent of opening the urn and taking a huge duce in the ashes.

>hardcore yuri pandering by the staff and writers
Huh? The only pandering was the whole final attack moment, and it was only because Imaishi did that part.

Assuming it's true, the show fucking sucked dicks compared to the OVA's.

>spent ~12 episodes on NOTHING, to the point that most of it was just goofy one off's that should have been Blueray specials
>finally introduce the big bad
>...then go back to doing nothing and wasting more time
>Episode 22 almost redeems the show, but then they just make Chariot a saint instead of having her redeem herself
>this is made even worse by how Croix doesn't even turn out to be evil
>ending is just a shitty TTGL-lite

>not DBS and Boruto
name a not normie series then if you're not a pleb

First cour had a great start and ending, with a couple shitty episodes.
Second cour had a couple great episodes but overall shitty plot.

How can it be good when it did nothing for the plot? They were fine on their own, but the problem arises from Trigger seemingly having no idea what the fuck they wanted to do. The same thing happened with KLK too. It seems Trigger has no clue on how to pace themselves or stick to the plot.

>LWA
>BIG BAD
>MIDDLE AGED LEZBOS
>HEROINE AM REALLY BAD GUY DATS DEEP RIGHT

Yeah no.
Show was a fucking dumpster fire and they fucking failed to deliver on the very very very modest innocent but semi realistic school girls going to harry potter/lord of the rings inspired school to learn how to be witches premise.

That too.

>Harry Potter: Anime Edition
>no one learns magic
>no fancy looking magic visuals like the OVA's
>spend the vast bulk of the time dealing with emotional drama or developing character who never appear again (Mr Bones and the principal for example)
>Akko remains a perpetual retard

At least Akko in the OVA's did shit.

TV show was great and was the only anime of that particular season worth watching. Fuck you.

No elf, no fucks given.

>shared the season with shittons of better shows like Konosuba, Kemono Friends, Youjo Senki, Maid Dragon, etc
>all of which blew it away in sales and view counts

>Complaining about LWA not being HP

Why would you want it to be anything like the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises?. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>implying that a show which aired on a worldwide streaming platform is gonna sell BRs
Man, really?

>Completely Missing the Point: Excessive Autism Edition

>Gatsby
>good
It's basically the kardashians of literature

by Sup Forums's standards isnt literally every anime a flop if it doesnt have record breaking BD sales?

Isn’t that just cutscenes from the game

I' m worried with each passing day that I will forget her.

It's not a new OVA it's just animation done for the vidya gaem.

>16 year old girls
>Lolis
It's this idiotic attitude that stopped me from getting a pic of Akko and Diana making out in BDSM-themed lingerie.

The only one even remotely comparable is Maid Dragon, for being just as comfy and heartwarming and five times as gay.

Fuck you I loved LWA

I was thinking more its all cut scenes but it could add up to around 30 min. But now, that dont make sense.

Nobody cares about the plot faggot. Ever heard of episodic shows?
Episodes 8, 3, 18 etc were fucking great on their own and the whole show should have been like that.

>Nobody cares about the plot

Then why did Trigger flipflop between being episodic and plot driven? Stick to one or the other. It's like they couldn't decide what they wanted to show to be, so they threw in a little of everything.

Can't you read? I said that it should have been all episodic.
The plot episode in the first half were just a couple and would have been easy to rewrite.

The problem was the plot being some great quest to save magic. If it was just about Akko becoming a better witch and inspiring people (like episodes 6,12 and 13) the anime would have been better. In the end that was the actual way to save magic anyway so the whole thing about the triskelion, Croix and the words would have been removed.

are there any actual jobs besides magic teacher and magic item shop clerk that a witch can actually have? the show should have definitely shown a lot more about what a little witch can actually fucking use a LN diploma for

In episode 7 Ursula mentions some students of Luna Nova becoming cosmetic surgeons, forensic investigators and astrologists after graduating. The whole Cavendish family were healers and Lotte wants to get a license to sell and repair magical tools.

>are there any actual jobs besides magic teacher and magic item shop clerk that a witch can actually have?
I think that was actually a rub addressed in the show: Why would you go to a magic school if your only prospects were in magic? Luna Nova was basically dying because going to a real college paid a lot more money, anyway.

I imagine magic would be really good if you had a job that was still very basic and used methods considered old that would benefit from even a minor physical advantage. IE: Lumberjack

volume 9 comes with an episode 25 ova, is that what ya'll mean?

>staff art that wasn't even in the show
You go looking for things to trigger you, don't you?

>Artwork drawn by the staff for the show's official site is meaningless
I mean, really? Really?

LWA was 25 episodes, an OVA would be episode 26. It's probably a prequel OVA to the video game
What's up? That actually happened but the camera was behind them, same with the art of Akko flying with her friends.

You'd think there's be shitload of demand for magic construction workers since they can just levitate materials rather than needing cranes n shit

>Akko flying with her friends.
Would've been nice to see it animated, but ending it right on her smile as she first levitated was pretty perfect. At least there's always the first opening?

We see that they just use Fairies for cheap labour though.

Man, if 2 ever happens it's gonna be really difficult to animate Akko flying without seeing her panties with a skirt that short. Even in the opening I remember people commenting on her thighs at the final shot of her flying with her friends.