Kimi no na wa

This scene made me go from "I'm not crying" to "please help i can't stop crying" in the span of two seconds. It was a blow straight to the heart.

You lost me

Watched this one yesterday.
I didn't cry watching it but the movie is good indeed.
Personally, I was impressed at how similar the plot is to keit-ai shitposting. It truly is the keit-ai adaptation.

Still, 5cm/s hurt me more, so I still enjoy it more than this one.

I can't stand 5cm/s because there is nothing i hate more in this world than a love story that ends badly.

Yes. I hated the ending, too. But it hurts so good, you know.
It took me close to one year to get me over how mad I was at the ending. But still, whenever I remember it, whenever I hear "One more time, One more chance", it all comes flooding back and I can feel it all over again.
Kimi no na wa is not very relatable because I assume most people don't switch bodies or at least they don't remember, but 5cm/s touches very common subjects for everyone who ever had a failed relationship, and that's pretty much everyone.

One thing's worse. Being separated from someone and having to press play at the exact same time.

>you will never experience kimi no na wa or find someone like mitsuha

I literally thought it was keit-ai until I actually saw it

>Trading info through their cellphones
>Body switching
>Mitsuha meeting the MC that still doesn't love her
>Time travel
>Rewriting the story
How can keit-ai even compete? I mean, it's everything it ought to be but even better.

One thing i really liked was how the teacher from Garden of Words had a cameo and she was teaching at Mitsuha's school

Oh damn, I was thinking about watching that or The girl who leapt trough time. I'm still recovering from the HAPPIEST GIRL IN THE WORLD

How come neither of them realized the year disparity before, with how much they spent using each other's cellphone?

You are a teenage boy/girl and you wake up with tits or a dick, the last thing you are going to check is the date

Yeah but like Mitsuha-Taki literally set up a date with waitress girl, you'd think she'd check a calendar for that

I just assumed she said "See you this weekend" and not "see you the weekend of this month, in the year 20xx".

What bugged me the most about this is that the movie clearly shows them swiping through the phone dates and the same date has the same weekday.
If there is a 3 year difference, then this just shouldn't be possible. If September 15th is a Wednesday on the year X, it certainly won't be Wednesday again on X+3.

>story spoils itself at the start
>super basic plot anyway
>normiefag "love story"
>best part of the movie is skipped as a montage

Imagine being this much of a heartlet

>story spoils itself at the start
Also this. What the hell was Shinkai doing?

>tfw this movie never got an Oscar nomination for Best Animated Film this year (you goddamn right, I'm still mad)
>tfw Your Name / Kimi No Na Wa never came to IMAX in America

The Academy is a joke in general, but it's even worse with Animated Film. You just can't win against Pixar and Disney.