What got you into animé?

What got you guys into anime? For me it was pic related. Want to hear your thoughts about Angel Beats

Same here op
Its ending literally got me into depression though

I know right? Got into a weird mood the other day and starting re-watch into it, it's just as good as I remembered

Watched it when I was in middle school, first anime to make me cry desu. The ending practically had me bawling. No depression tho because I wasn't a faggot like

Outside of the typical shonen shit they showed on western media in early 2000s, OreImo was the anime that seriously got me into it

Susumu Hirasawa. Was an electronic music nerd as a teenager, really liked his stuff, found out he did anime. Satoshi Kon stuff sucked, kept me out of it for a while, but once I checked out Berserk I got hooked into the medium.

Hahahahaa wussy bitch.

Seeing Do You Remember Love as a kid. And that was it.

What was so depressing about best boy Otonashi finding Kanade in the real world?

my uncles would make me watch naruto bleach and good shit like gantz, but the first one i watched for myself and got hooked on was this.

Erm. Very hard 2 remember.. But the first anime was probarly DBZ. Or cardcaptor Sakura.

Good taste, user

Gantz is the good shit
I think it's more the episode before the meeting where everyone but them is left alone

Dragonball Super.

watching evangelion back in the mid 90's with a 500x300 resolution on realplayer because it was required for the video to play.

The first to get me into anime as a whole was Tenchi Muyo original

But Angel Beats is easily in my top three of all time. I fucking love that show

sora no otoshimono was my first one, i`m ashamed.

Wasted potential: the anime. I'm not sure if it's the Author or the studios but if AB or Charlotte were 2cour they would have been way better

I finished Clannad and looked for a "similar" show, then Angel Beats popped up and it's also made by Key, so why not?

It's not really similar and not as good, but I enjoyed it.

Why? It's a good series.

Anime. What a retarded question.

I'm scared of re watching it desu, not like I need to anyway - I remember most of it.
It was an emotional ride & I was sad it ended.

Kino's Journey was the first anime I ever really got into. Saw it on some obscure channel on DirecTV late one night back in '04. It really captivated me and left me wanting more. Lucky for me they were airing Kino's Journey and Samurai Deeper Kyo back to back. I remember my mom getting extremely pissed at me because I stayed up all night watching anime when I had school the next day.
Before that I owned a whole set of Ranma 1/2 VHS tapes that I watched occasionally but never really cared for.

Nothing prepared me for the tang. I'd already seen Alien and all classic horror movies before, but nothing prepared me for the tang.

A kid across the street had Warriors of the Wind, but I didn't really get into it until college. There wasn't much to get into.

Your question is too vague, but I guess that I been always been into anime like any other good southamerican folk, if you were born after the 70s in southamerica then you love anime, though kids still love Dragon Ball nowadays, and even older people like anime too, but mostly /m/ stuff.

Attack on Titan

I guess what I mean is what was your first anime. Also if you've seen AB what did you think about it

Why what are you scared of? Never heard of it, gonna look into it

Part 1/3 Episode 1 Elfen Lied on youtube

I'd seen a few things here and there as a kid (Voltron, Astro Boy, etc) and a couple of things on TV as a teenager (Battle Angel Alita and something else) but it was Evangelion that made me sit up and say "holt shit". Trawling anime websites for info on Evangelion I'd read about other shows and think "whoa that sounds awesome too" and go hunt them down.

>Satoshi Kon stuff sucked
You have shit taste.

Unironically Eva.

It blew my teenage mind and I thought it was the greatest and most profound thing ever.

How the hell I'm supposed to know that? My guess is something like Pokemon or Dragon Ball, though I remember watching Evangelion when I was 5. But I do remember my first anime from the internet, Dokuro-chan, gotta rewatch it one of these days.
About AB, for the first 10 episodes it was magnificent, it was everything I wanted and everything I got, I would have loved the same exact formula for another 10 episodes, but my guess is that nobody told the anime staff they only had 3 more episodes to finish the show so they had to came up with some random bullshit to give it an "ending". episodes 1-10 were easily a 10/10, episodes 11-13 were a 2/10 top.

FLCL was the coolest shit in the world to me in the mid '00s but it was a mostly isolated obsession. Then '08 I watched Mushishi which was the comfiest piece of media I had ever experienced and finally convinced me to watch anime regularly

My brothers friend introduced me to chobits which was probably the first anime I went out of my way to download on limewire.

And then elfen lied. and all the other assorted garbage on adult swim.

The Original Hellsing Tv show. excatcly what struck my nerves as an Edgy Teenager

In my first year of college I was into all things "artistic". After happening upon footage from Akira (the 1980something movie) on Youtube I watched it and got excited about this new art form I hadn't checked out before.
While watching random anime videos on Youtube some time after that, I heard Lucky Star mentioned and started watching it. I was intrigued, ended up buying the DVDs and all the English-translated manga. At first I liked how relaxing and comforting the show seemed. Then I started to notice I was getting "excited" by it in a more...physical way. The rest is history.

I think I ended up reading all of Elfen Lied or Girl Friends (almost the same stuff, right?) because someone linked me to it.

Was it imaginasian where you saw it on?

my earliest memories were about this guy in the early 90s

True. Liked the hole angeloid concept.

>anime
fuck off imbecile

If any of his movies were hollywood films they wouldn't stand out at all, the only reason they get noticed is because they are animated. So boring. And Paranoia Agent is a big truckload of fucking nothing. His only redeeming quality is that he liked Susumu's music.

For me it was probably a combination of Inuyasha and FMA. From there it snowballed into an obsession.

I really can't remember... It was so long ago. It might have been but I don't recall imaginasian having rights to air Samurai Deeper Kyo.

Am i the only one who got into manga by NARUTO?

and anime too

Literally this.

Still mad. That stuff was so fucking bad holy shit.

EoE probably is the greatest film ever, though I'm not sure about profound lol.

As a kid I watched the shows they aired during the afternoon hours on German TV. I'd come home from school around 1, and just watch whatever shit was on: Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Detective Conan, Sailor Moon, Beyblade, Inuyasha, Naruto, One Piece, Ranma 1/2, etc.
Eventually i looked up anime on the world wide web, and watched Death Note, Bleach, Elfen Lied, and some shitty ecchi anime about a pink alien girl with three dots on her forehead, I forget the name.

angel beats is legit the worst full length anime I've ever seen. Awful animation, shitty story, zero world building, forgettable characters, shitty XD comedy.