Koe no Katachi

Any of you going to see this film in theaters

the closest screening in a 3 hours drive away from me. so no

Not worth it. Just stay home away from the rat race and curl up with your Daki.

The anime only people will never understand the endless suffering and waiting for healing.

Alcohol will hold you over until death releases you from all the bullshit.

Yeah, I'm going to see it at the Plaza tomorrow. I'm glad I put off watching it until now.

I saw it already at Annecy
too moe for my taste

Yes.

Did the manga get better towards the end? I really liked the oneshot, but I dropped the manga about halfway through.

Koe no Katachi is much better than Kimi no Nawa.

Kimi no Nawa was normie-bait and focused too heavily on a contrived plot instead of the characters.

Koe no Katachi, on the other hand, is an emotional materpiece.

Just one more nail in the coffin of your sex life. May as well get spayed or neutered.

I already did like 5 months ago, which stupid country is just getting it now?

1 hour away for me so I'm going tomorrow. There's only two screenings in my state so I got pretty lucky.

Nothing nearby. I've already seen it three times anyways.

It's far too late to start caring at this point.

Can't speak for others, but I fucking hated the manga, so I'm definitely skipping.

Saw it in March, travelled a good couple of hours just to see it. I really liked the manga and was a little annoyed how much stuff was cut, but it was a good movie.

I feel like they just didn't flesh out the side characters enough, but thank god they cut the movie subplot.

Dependi on why you hated the manga it still might be a good idea to see it, it's pretty different

Side characters don't need to be fleshed out in a 2 hour movie, as long as their actions serve the main character(s), they're fine.

Every character was a cunt or a sniveling bitch, there was no conclusion and the whole thing came across as preachy and forced.

It had very few redeeming qualities.

Then you're going to like the movie. The 'villains' in the series aren't as cartooningly villainy in the movie. There is a clear conclusion in the movie and it isn't preachy or forced.

I was really annoyed how Eyebrows-kun got nothing, he was such a bro and deserved more. In the movie you'd be forgiven for thinking he was on Kawai's side the whole time when in the manga it's pretty obvious he sees through her because of his history.

I don't believe you.

Sure, give it a watch, you might still hate it but it's definitely more contraversial

Well don't watch it, it's not like you matter at all.

>>Well don't watch it
Good idea. I'll do that.

Yes.

Even Renchon will get her flaps parted eventually. Enjoy the suffering in silence.

Sex is the most overrated thing in the history of mankind.

I don't even know what sex is.

You should be happy about that.

Why would you surround yourself with normalfags and redditors?

Not a bad turnout so far, it might be nearly full the evening of.

Can't always live in an echo chamber.

Mc mom is a hottie.

Watching a movie I want to see in a theater is worth it unless the audience is terrible. Fortunately it's never been too bad.

>focused too heavily on a contrived plot
I liked Koe way more, but I thought the "contrived plot" that played well into the themes was really good.

Who here /Columbus/

Why do you keep posting this chestthumping bait in every KnK thread? Are you not able to handle the idea of there being two different and excellent emotional anime films in the same twelve-month period?

>Watching an anime in public.

How do you know?

Because it's being pushed everywhere in the media and idiots always talk about it like it's something special, when it's really not.

>No screenings in Nashville

Kuyashii

Is this something that would get sold out? I don't want to get jewed out of a $1.50 convenience fee for buying online in advance.

It would of faired much better as a full anime series.
The movie captured so little about shouta and his whole "life is a fight against boredom" ideology in the first place. Hell, it should of been a trilogy. First would be about the elemtary school years, 2nd would be about shoutas redemption arc, 3rd would be about the aftermath after shouta saves deaf girl.

I watched the movie, it sucked. I wish she would've just gone through with her suicide attempt and they would've called it a day. Technically it was all her fault anyways.

You sucked.

Already bought my tickets, gonna be the faggot in the kyoani merch

I would have watched it if it was in US theaters like, last year...

What kind of merch?

CHEX!

The koe no katachi theater merch sold during its run in Japan- there was tons of merch but i'll likely just be wearing my pins + using the keychains so I don't seem overkill (already feeling like a faggot not gonna lie)

I watched the movie first and I thought it was near perfect, then recently read the manga and still think so.

It left out bloat from the manga that was either unnecessary for the movie, romance mini-subplots, or just side-character arcs that were usually awful and even corny. The meat of Shouya and Shoko's story was told very well in the movie.

I read the one shot when it came out, and based on the posts I saw while the manga was still being serialized, many people agreed that the one shot was better than the first volume of the manga. The movie did a good job in pacing the first act more like the one shot while still showing us glimpses of events from the 1st volume without confusing its audience. There were also many examples of this through the movie, like when Shoko gets mad at her sister for taking a picture of Shoya while jumping, this event is like half of a chapter while a simple flashback was needed for the movie, and it had the same effect and purpose.

One thing I also like more from the movie are its 'bad guys'. They're less exaggerated, and feel more human. I personally didn't need to see Shoko's mother having this meeting discussing divorce with her near cartoony-villain of a husband and his parents, to understand why she was so tired of life. The fact that she was a single mother, and logical implications about her dealing constantly with bullying and probably even discrimination against her daughter for years was enough for me to understand her character in the movie, I didn't need a whole chapter for this. Same with the teacher, his demeanor and body language during the first act told me enough to understand he didn't care about his job.

Kïno 2016

I wish I watched this as soon as the subs were ready. Now the threads die very quickly with not much discussion.

Hello r/anime.

Read the thread, you're already surrounded by normalfags and redditors.

It had it's moments later on, but lost focus. There are a few really great chapters, but if you decided to drop it you probably wouldn't enjoy them as much since you're probably not really attached to the characters. The movie is the better version, it cuts a lot of bullshit, some character suffer because of it, but it was a good call I think.

kimi no na wa had way less substance. that feeling of longing for something you dont know is how i felt when i watched the movie. longing for something good to happen.

>The movie captured so little about shouta
It made him more likeable as a result, because the manga version was a real piece of shit
>"life is a fight against boredom" ideology
What ideology? He was fucking 12 at the time,. That's no ideology, it's a spoiled brat acting like a piece of shit
>Hell, it should of been a trilogy. First would be about the elemtary school years, 2nd would be about shoutas redemption arc, 3rd would be about the aftermath after shouta saves deaf girl.
Why? The elementary school days was just a setup for the main plot why was the redemption story. The aftermarth is an epilogue, and if you're talking about the scenes the movie left out at the end most of them were kinda pointless and really didn't add much to anything

im going just to see my fellow Sup Forums fags who just left their rooms for the first time in a while

>They're less exaggerated, and feel more human
This, so much this. The worst example was the scene at the hospital when Ueno attacks Nishimiya. The manga version of that scene was so over the top it's ridiculous. I just couldn't swallow them being friends later in any capacity after that. That shit was straight up attempted murder. There's a scene in the later chapters of the manga where Nishimiya waves at Shouya, Ueno gets jelaous and jells at her. The manga tries to play off as comedy hijinks, but after the hospital scene it just feels really wrong.

Where the fuck do you live that you're only getting this in the cinema now? I saw this shit almost a year ago in my country.

I also liked how they removed most romantic happenings from the manga, specially anything involving the feelings Ueno had for Shoya. Everything is still there but sort of implied and less obvious, my enjoyment for any type of media goes down when romance takes the forefront of the story, even more so when it was trying to communicate something deeper or completely unrelated. I saw Ueno's involvement in the movie as her trying to make amends for the past, a recurring and very appropriate theme in the series, When I read the manga, her character was less about that and more about her liking Shoya and getting angry over Shoko stealing him from her.