Kino no Tabi

The pacing the 2003 version was slow imo, but the sped up 2017 version of the coliseum episode was absolute shit

Agreed.
2003 was literally art.

Yup. Episode 2 was undoubtedly shit.

The art style of 2017 is so generic. 2003's gave it character.

Did you really want to watch the whole thing again just with a different coat of paint?

who the fuck bumped this trash thread when i was on page 10?

you yeah you fuck you buddy

I WANT TO LICK KINO'S CUNNY

are they gonna show more episodes of the older show? already watched the old one last year and dont feel it watching all these episode again in a worse format.

2003 was magic. I hope 2017 at least comes close.

Congratulations! You're the 1000th person to ask!
The episodes they're repeating (besides Colosseum) are Land of Adults and A Kind Land.

Isn't it sad that the Kino remake isn't even the most similar series to the original this season?

I wouldn't call it sad. It's not like it has to be exactly like the original. Times have changed a lot.

I'm really curious as how they're going to pull off the Land of Adults again. There was just something so eerie and dream-like about the original.

I guarantee you that if we had potato Kino again in 2017 it would be an absolute hit.
Threads about it 24/7

With all due respect, and no offense, but go fuck yourself.

I love Kino and I love talking about her series.

The main problem that this chapter is one of the worst and quite big, and new anime tries to be faithful to the original

I thought Land of Permitted Murder did an okay job with that same kind of tension you're describing.
If they channel that some more, I think they can handle Land of Adults alright.

Worst thing about it imo is that there was always a certain ambiguity about Hermes and whether he was actually a talking motorrad or just Kino's delusion.
In 2003 every single dialogue still makes sense if you removed Hermes' lines; people responding to Hermes could have just as easily been responding to something Kino said or just continuing the conversation.
In 2017 people respond directly to things Hermes says/asks and that really sucked a lot of soul out of it/

So did Kino's master set her up to be put into a life or death situation in order to test her? I didn't quite get how that all worked out.
I was thinking that it was kind of like the final test in Nikita where she was lied to and had to work out her own escape route before she became a full fledged assassin, except in Kino's case she proved her worth as a traveler by her will to kill for self preservation.

Except there are scenes in 2003 where people talk to Hermes when Kino isn't even around, speedwatcher-kun.

Hermes is Kino, if you understand what I am trying to say.

thank you. land of adults was such a good episode, i may just watch it.

What the fuck are you talking about? Did you think that the woman in epsiode 2 was Kino's Master?
The only other thing tou could be talking about is her making Kino undergo knife training with that guy, but that wasn't life or death either, Master never put Kino in a life or death training situation, at worst they used airsoft guns I think.

I'm scared for the original Kino again.
Poor guy didn't deserve it... He should have just grabbed Kino and rode out of there like a bat out of hell.

Maybe he will this time?

That would be the twist of the decade.

I thought it wasn't as bad as episocde 1. This show is pretty disappointing so far.
Will it get better or were those arcs supposed to be good ?

>worst part of the original series only gets one episode
I'm fine with this as long as the rest of the series is like the first episode.

Maybe he's talking about Life Goes On, when Kino goes to Kino 1.0's country.

There was never anything to suggest Hermes couldn't talk. I don't understand why people think this.

Most of the coming episodes are better stories than those two.
There are still a few duds though (I'm not really a fan of Troublesome Land or In the Clouds).

Master didn't really set that up at all though. She just let Kino go. Besides I doubt master is so clairvoyant that she knew Kino's mom would try to kill her or that anything would go wrong really.

In the clouds is cool if they manage to keep the secret that she's a girl until the end. I dont know how they would do it though. Either way I thought it was a good chapter though

I think it's good, they condensed two shit episodes into one shit episode so you don't have to spend as much time watching.

>Troublesome Land

Look forward to the "Kino is a Sociopath" and "I thought Kino was supposed to be just an observer!! They ruined her character!!" shitposting in a few hours.

It's going to be extra bad this time because this is also the first story where Kino stays in a country for more than 3 days though she has a reason
The secondaries are going to explode

>her

Updates when?

Yeah man I sure would love it if the coliseum was two fucking episodes again.

how long is Kino's jacket?

10 mins

get in here niggas

where

I forgot today was Kino day.

hint?

Why did Kino kill the king and cause everyone else to kill each other?

yare yare

People who like the 2003 version are retarded DEEPfags.

shut up dum dum

He's right though, Hermes isn't a hallucination of Kino and the series isn't a dream or anything like that, all of that nonsense is junk that the 2003fags came up with.

cool

How come Photo and her Moped wasn't invited?

>We're actually gonna see one of these characters die onscreen.

But I love the old version. I don't think it's all that deep, except maybe by anime standards.
I'd like to dismiss the "Hermes doesn't talk" theory as one of those bizarre fan ideas like Puppet Theory, which doesn't actually explain anything. But this one seems to be taken seriously for some reason.

>Puppet Theory
What's that?

Maybe Yuyushiki?

That two of the three girls from Yuyushiki are puppets.

Surely by any reasonable moral code the defending country is fully in the right here? They're fully entitled to request permission to people wanting to enter or pass through their country. It's basically the equivalent of someone walking up to your house, pointing a gun at you and forcing their way through your house so they can go out the other side, it's completely unacceptable.

Might makes right.

Yes, but the Behemoth Machine country rationalized it as LOLWECANTCHANGEDIRECTIONS. So it can't be helped.

Anyone got a summary of the episode? Was it adapted in the old anime?

>Anyone got a summary of the episode?
Kino hitches a ride on a bulldozer country. She also shoots down some missiles along the way.

>Was it adapted in the old anime?
No, from this point on, the only stuff from the old anime would be the episode about Kino's past, and the volcano country.

Which story was this again?

>the only stuff from the old anime would be the episode about Kino's past, and the volcano country.
I'm pretty sure we aren't getting the kino past episode. Only the Volcano.

Who's in the wrong here??

Nah, we're getting Kino's good ol child lobotomy country. It's one of the chapters listed to be adapted. I mean, old Kino is even in the opening. Why put him there if he isn't even going to be in the show.

That sucks, I wanted more new stories.

Well that silly country probably shouldn't have built their country there then.

>child!Kino so happy and cheerful
>teen Kino is jaded and numb
Seriously fuck Land of Adults, they need to be nuked from orbit. I wish original Kino survived but I guess it would ruin the story, turn it into lone wolf and cub clone. Can we has prequel with original Kino? As an OVA, one ep a month over 6 months. It would be 11/10. Then do the same for Shizu.

?????????

I feel like they should have paid something considering the damage they did, but whatever, I guess if they can't it can't be helped.
It was omitted from the anime for some reason, but the moving country said that even if the other country wanted something, the moving country doesn't have anything to give them.
The anime for some reason omits kinda important lines at the end of each episode for no reason, it's weird. In epsiode 2 they omitted the line in Kino's declaration that anyone who didn't want to fight has to renounce citizenship and leave.

>Seriously fuck Land of Adults, they need to be nuked from orbit.
user...

Kino is still a happy cheerful child when she is with Master though, the change in personality isn't really the Land of Adults fault.

>Sup Forums's dream walled military country gets wrecked by a cute country with a cute giant drawing made by cute little boys and girls
It's how things have always gone, when will they learn?

And Traveler Teen Kino is hardly numb either. She's just really pragmatic. She's still very much capable of smiling and having fun.

People have this misconception about Kino being numb because of Maeda's wooden performance.

2003's Kino had plenty of expresive moments.
People see Kino as numb because of her philosophy of for the most part interfering as little as possible in the situations she comes by.

Wow! Lerche does another shit job! How shocking!

>him

Sociopath.

Kino thinks everyone in that country are already fucking sheeps to kings' rules anyway so you might as well wake up and not fight and live, or fight to the death because lol your king's order.

>That subtle blush

KINO IS CUTE

CUTE

Its what they get for trying to extort travelers

Kino is so ugly

Kino came to the country with the wall just before. She couldn't pass through because the toll they demanded from her was her gun, the Woodsman. And since that's an item of sentimental value to her, she refused to pay the toll. That's why in the start of the episode, we had that scene where Kino was at a loss as to what to do and just decided to sleep it off.

Her hitching the ride with the Killdozer country was both her way of finding a way to traverse the earlier country and of saying "Fuck that place in particular" to the country that just blocked her.

Also, looks like we're finally getting to Shizu and Ti next episode.

What a dork.

Why the fuck isn't this explained in the anime

It was. That's what Kino and Hermes were talking about at the end. They were presuming the audience wasn't retarded. Foolishly.

It was. The starting scene and ending scene did it explicitly so.

Are you retarded? The episode begins with Kino staring at her gun wondering what she should do. She then decides to stay in a country for 5-10 days instead of her 3 day rule, which should have raised a million red flags. The end of the episode has her saying that the wall was too high and the toll was too high, while saying that she may have paid it, if the toll wasn't her gun.

I wonder what would've happened if Master encountered this country in her travels during her youth. Would she have took it over and went on a leisure tour for shits and giggles till she gets tired of it?