Dbz super

Can anybody offer any redeeming value to this nonsense? I grew up watching DB and DBZ, the movies and even GT out of curiosity. I held off watching Super until last week when I watched episode 109 and 110, the first episodes id seen and it seems so repetitive. Its the Kais tournament all over again. Is it just me?

Tl;Dr: Can anybody explain why this would be worth watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uPwVuC3YOrc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Can anybody offer any redeeming value to this nonsense?
Finally a female villain...
That is about it.
Did you watch Battle of Gods & Return of Frieza movies?
They were solid.

It's new Dragonball content. That's really it. No one will care about it once it's over.

Here, watch this.
youtube.com/watch?v=uPwVuC3YOrc

I hate to always be spamming this but I think he hit the nail on the head with this, mostly.

>plaguefans
Disgusting user. He's full of shit himself.

It's the most mediocre, 4/10, low budget anime that I have no idea why I'm still watching.

You have to watch every episode so you can anticipate weeb bullshit and have arguments ready for why Superman would still kick Goku's ass.

>Dbz super

I mean, it's not really anything special. It's just something to waste 23 minutes on. There are plenty of other shows I anticipate more like Ultraman and Garo.

Broken clock is right twice a day.
His "No every game should be at least accessible, anything I have to do more than thrice is like nails through my bawwwwwls!" mentality is cancer.

its putting the goku vs superman argument to bed once and for all by powering goku up to obscene levels and outright having him defeat superman in the show.
The discussion wont have to happen anymore because it's happening in the series as we speak.

secondly. Master roshi in the tournament is the best thing that ever happened in the 30 years this series has been around

It's really not. Superman is as strong as he needs to be for any given situation, be it beating a new foe, holding a mini black hole in his hand, traveling across space in minutes, or whatever is needed. I don't necessarily agree with death battles, but they are right in that a character who is created without limits inherently can't be defeated by a character who is all about breaking limits.

Plus, Dragonball characters, no matter how strong, are glass canons. They have power up to reach levels some supers live at. They just seems incredibly impressive in their own setting.

Hype for the mods to take this down before I post. Super is solid but not for everyone, it's better than a lot of arcs in DB and pretty much all of GT but pales compared to most of Z which was more or less expected. If you didn't like 109 or 110 you won't like the series, the current tournament is much better than the Kais tournament arc though. If you actually want to get into the series and don't just want to complain about it online I'd recommend trying the manga, it's the same general story only more consistent and better written overall (although you miss out on one or cool anime exclusive things and it comes out monthly not weekly and is behind the anime atm)

I'm not sure where they get this superman has no limits thing from
being written inconsistently because so many hands have touched the character is different than the omnicompetence of saitama for example.
Superman has failed, he has been defeated in battle.
the limit breaker theme in dragonball right now is doing that.
They put superman in the show, with a seemingly unending well of power, a mortal that even the highest of gods in the multiverse who destroy worlds on a whim with a tap of their finger and can erase entire existences from reality cannot beat in battle.
and they are having goku overcome him

Its a guilty pleasure, but no its bad.

I'm not gonna lie watching Frieza come back as a cast member for the tourney was tickling my fancy.

Literally everything under the sun is better than Z because it doesn't take 50 fucking years to get through a single fight.

The series has 5 arcs currently, if I had to compare them to previous DB arcs the first two are really really bad like Super 17 bad. On the bright side there are two much more solid movies which let you skip them thankfully. The third one is ok, I'd compare one of DB's Budokai Tenkaichi both in structure and in quality. The most recent too arcs are like the Buu arc, asspulls and bad writing everywhere but hell if it isn't super enjoyable to watch

I kind of subconsciously amalgam Kai and the manga into Z, but yeah you're right original Z was pretty awful. The Japanese score is still fantastic though

>The movie retellings were completely unnecessary and you're better off just watching the movies
>Universe 6 tournament arc was okay but nothing spectacular
>Goku Black arc was horribly written. I like Black and Zamasu as characters but the way that story was put together with countless asspulls was just aggravating for me to watch. Thankfully, the manga version of that arc fixes some of the problems
>Universe Survival arc has been excellent and I thought 109 and 110 were the best episodes of the series so far

I don't know how OP thinks Super is repetitive and original DBZ with Goku and Frieza fighting for 30 episodes isn't but okay. I'd say maybe if you were watching the Universe Tournament arc from the beginning, you might find it better but I don't know.

>BoG and RoF movies
>Goku vs Hit
>Baseball episode
>Freeza Recruitment
>Roshi episodes in the ToP
>Goku vs Jiren
>Hit vs Jiren
Anything else can be skipped

Don't watch it, it's literal excrement. The current arc is one of the worst in anime.

Its tone is a lot more like the original Dragonball than DBZ. If that's appealing to you (or you like the characters bc nostalgia), it's worth watching.

Otherwise, don't expect too much from it. Dragonball as a franchise appeals the most to kids so it's perfectly normal to be left wanting more given that you've grown.

You have to be next levels of Sup Forumsntrarian to believe that the current arc is worse than the first two. Congrats on lowering my already low standards for this board

Why did they change Trunks' hair color?

Oh the first two are also certainly up there. The animations and art are cancerous.

Some of the antagonists are pretty fun at least

Because Toriyama forgot. He even thought 18 had purple hair before someone corrected him.

Shows how much he cares.

From reading interviews from pretty much any point in time you just know he is eternally butthurt about being forever tied down to two Dragon related franchises even though they're two of the biggest most loved things ever in japan and to some extent the world.

He should be more grateful his lineage will never have to work a single day of their lives because of the infinite money this brings.

nah, It's a fanfic by somebody else and using Toriyama's name cause in other way It would be a bad business in Japan.

A fanfic that seems a parody too or excuse for new characters in a game. Bosses in several colors and the daughter of Dr. Maki and some other stupid things. You can watch it for fun but this is not Dragon Ball Z

He's too old now, even big minds die in this sad way.

Same reason Gohan's Mazoku gi went from green to purple. He forgot and/or convenience.

The most damning thing is Kid Trunks is right fucking there with Purple hair.

The only thing it carries from Dragonball is more comedy, but it's far more like Dragonball Z with its asspulls and deux ex machina transformations and fusions. I guess the plus side is that it doesn't drag, but then there is Kai.

What the fuck does Toei spend all its money in anyway? It sure as hell doesn't go to their shows.

The animation is worse than the first episode of Dragonball

> Dragonball characters, no matter how strong, are glass canons.

That's because the source of power of EVERYONE including the Gods, is Ki, Goku really has the same physical resistance from when he was a child when he could get knocked down by a hig caliber bullet if he didnt doge it or catch it. He can be burnt, drown and is even afraid of fucking needles, this applies to most characters.

You may see them blowing up shit all the time but you will never see them have major physical feats unfortunately, canonically Cell was the most resistant, in battle of Gods you can see how bills is not exactly impervious to bullets, while cell was because of his strong chitinous carapace, other physically resistant ones are Frieza's race, since they passively can resist huge explosions, extremely high temperatures, vacuum of space and even being gored.

He had always been this way.

>Bills
Fuck off.

Whores my boy, whores and orgies in yachts in the middle of the ocean.