What did she do wrong?

What did she do wrong?

You mean the Akemi in the third movie?
I would say everything.

Some things, but not all.

she let madoka do some derp tier things a few times but she fixed it all now

She had just as much right to impose her will onto the universe as Madoka originally had. I would say there's nothing inherently wrong with her decision.

After all these years, do some people still not understand that she did the right thing?

Tearing God in half may seem cruel, but it was also merciful. Now Madoka can experience happiness amongst her friends and family whilst her law of cycles still remains in effect, instead of removing herself from the universe and being forgotten by those she loves.

Nothing at all.

At the risk of having the argument for the billionth time, its not what Madoka wanted.
It what Homu wanted for her.

Unironically nothing wrong.
Fourth movie when?

nothing, she was too good for the world

And Madoka's choice was not what Homura wanted either. Neither had any more right than the other to do what they did.

If she left things as they were the incubators would have eventually cracked the system and humans would be in even worse of a position than they were before Madoka did anything. At least Homura conclusively dealt with those fuckers once and for all.

This.

Also this, Kyuubey and his clones were a problem, they now had definite proof that Godoka existed and they would found a way to control her and change the system back to the original way.

Homura did everyone a favour.

Became too sexy.

>And Madoka's choice was not what Homura wanted either.
So you should be forced to do exactly what your girlfriend wants you to do? Retard.

The opposite of nothing.

Didn't say that, but you act like Madoka imposing her will on the world to make it the way she wanted was somehow better than Homura doing the same damn thing. Homura's system was arguably better for humanity in the long term anyway since under Madoka's system as soon as the incubators figured out how to be subvert it humans would be back to being cattle again.

Fuck off Madoka

being a filthy lesbo
none of this would have happened if she wasn't so obsessed with Madoka

Madoka the mighty! Madoka the unerring! Madoka the unassailable! To you we give praise!

Madoka may have stepped on Homura's toes, but she saved everyone and corrected an injustice. Homura "saved" Madoka and stepped on everyone's toes. One was selfless and the other was selfish. It's not the same thing.

The Incubators only found out about Madoka because Homura was stupid enough to tell Kyubey everything about Madoka and the witch universe at the end of episode 12. Rebellion and any harm that could have come to Madoka is squarely Homura's fault. Homura's lucky Madoka managed to bail her out.

Killing Oriko.

>What did she do wrong?

She figuratively raped Madoka.

So nothing.

We are but maggots, writhing in the filth of our own corruption! While you have ascended from the dung of mortality, and now walk among the stars!

And bringing the dead back for a second chance at life isn't salvation?

>Rebellion and any harm that could have come to Madoka is squarely Homura's fault
And not the Incubators? You're acting as if they wouldn't have eventually pulled some stunt regardless of Homura's words. She just sped up the process.

But you were once man! Aye! And as man, you said, "Let me show you the power of Madoka Kaname, born of the East, where my breath is hope. I breathe now, in royalty, and reshape this land which is mine. I do this for you, puella magi, for I love you."

In 10,000 years of magical girling, the incubators didn't test that theory until Homura brought it up. Homura absolutely was the one who motivated the incubators to test to make the witch universe possible through capturing Madoka.

>mfw Homura was so lonely she resorted to talking to Kyubey about Madoka

>Homura wanted to talk about Madoka, so she talked to Kyubey, who she knows is the least trustworthy, instead of Kyouko or Mami.
Homura is not a smart girl.

Aye, love. Love! Even as man, great Madoka cherished us. For she saw in us, in each of us, the future of Japan! The future of the world!

>talking to the edgy emotional lesbians instead of a smart catmousefox

this is the ideal intelligent lifeform

you might not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like

dumb incubator

She didn't fug meduka

And there it is, friends! The ugly truth! We are the children of man! Madoka is the true god of man! Ascended from flesh, to rule the realm of spirit!

And for the nth time, evidence from rebellion points to the contrary. It's like all of you Homura haters didn't understand the flower field scene at all.

And that doesn't even take into account the fact that Madoka, with Sayaka and the other one was actively scheming against Incubator's attempts to disrupt the Law of Cycles.

And since Homura was the only person with the memories to trap Madoka in a Labyrinth, they'd be completely screwed.

You misunderstood the flower scene.

Why do they keep making this stupid fucking face?

Looks like a normal face to me

Homura's smug lips

If they tried isolating another soul gem, Madoka still needs to get to it somehow. They could keep trying this forever, but it's possible the failure to capture Dokes with Homura discouraged them.
Even if it didn't, Madoka definitely had a plan to deal with the Incubators after she took up Homura, but due to certain events, that didn't happen.

Homura's stupid mentally unhinged smirk is funny.

Everything will be alright when Sayka saves the day. Homu may love Madoka but Sayaka respects her since they are BFF and Madoka cares about her more than anyone else outside of immediate family.

good luck sayak

She became a Dyke. Hitomi was right all along.

Because they didn't have a solid theory. Whatever experiments they could run were limited to observation, and thus would have been relatively harmless in nature. It may have taken them another 10,000 years without Homura, but eventually, would try to find a way to control the forces that affect magical girls.
Madoka wouldn't sit still if they trapped another soul gem in an isolation field. She'd have to do the same thing.
Madoka can't physically do anything except save magical girls. The Incubators would be free to run amok with improvements on their experiment every time.

So explain it to me then.

>Madoka can't physically do anything except save magical girls
Actually that's not true. Rebellion is proof that she can do something other than mindlessly scoop up the girls. It's also implied that she hangs out with Tatsuya.

Madoka can only physically interact with corrupted soul gems and the bodies they're attached to. Because the majority of Rebellion was inside Homura's soul gem, Madoka was able to manifest physically. Tatsuya being able to perceive Madoka does not mean she can physically do anything.

this

Which means that Madoka can continue to interfere with further Incucbator experiments using isolation fields. She's not powerless.

When Homu and Madoka fug it will fix the universe and reverse entropy
She just needs to get over her spaghetti first

It also means that she, and by extension, humanity as a whole, is in a constant state of risk every time she tries to save a magical girl.

I don't think the Incubators are going to risk getting their shit blown up more than a few times. Past a certain point the reward isn't worth the risk anymore, they're all about efficiency.

Nothing. She is the best.

in greentext form
>hey madoka i had a dream where you disappeared for no reason and nobody remembered you but me
>i would never do that
>holy shit madoka never wanted to be god homura did nothing wrong
and then you say
>but madoka said it would make her sad to leave her family and friends
And being a savior is immensiely satisfying for someone like Madoka. She weighed the costs and benefits of her wish and decided to do it anyways, which is telling of her priorities and what she values.

Didn't get over her yuri crush and ruined the series for the sake of it.

Madoka is a reality warper. She manipulated reality to accomodate her new existence. She can do more than bring magical girls to heaven.
>Tatsuya being able to perceive Madoka does not mean she can physically do anything.
but it proves that Madoka isn't stuck scooping up magical girls.

I don't see the downside in what she did. Is there some sort of consequence I'm unaware of?

For the cost of a few hundred bodies, they not only completely verified Homura's statements but came very close to controlling a force of the universe. As it turned out, said force was plotting against them, but all that's necessary is adaptation and improvement of the conditions of the experiment. Why would they give up when they have so little to lose and so much to gain?

Most of the protest against Homu comes from how she did it, but there are some consequences.
The universe is inside of Homura's witch barrier.
A mentally unhinged girl is in charge of the universe.
Despite what Homura says, taking away Madoka's powers broke the LoC.

Those bodies aren't cheap, QB was ticked off at having to replace just one.
Keeping the isolation field running can't be free either.
Past a certain point if you're not getting anything more out of the project and it's just costing resources, they're going to give up. Yeah they found out how one of the fundamental forces of the universe works, but it fucking hates them and will blow their shit up when they try to mess with it. It doesn't seem logical to keep throwing away good energy on something that won't keep producing results.

>She manipulated reality to accomodate her new existence
Only based on the parameters of her wish.
>but it proves that Madoka isn't stuck scooping up magical girls
She essentially exists everywhere in a metaphysical sense, but cannot substantially project herself into reality outside of her role.

Their love could power the universe for infinity.
This should be how it ends

She's satisfied only because she felt there was no other option to save everyone. If everyone could be saved without her deleting her existence, then she'd choose that, but that was not possible until after Homura pulled ai yo.

>Only based on the parameters of her wish.
She also made wraiths to replace witches, and she didn't do much because her wish is all she wanted.
>She essentially exists everywhere in a metaphysical sense
Madoka isn't actually omnipresent.

Controlling the Law of Cycles would provide a return on investment on the scale of many orders of magnitude. For an intergalactic species that tampers with reality on a regular basis, I doubt that experiment is much more than a drop in the pond in regards to their overall energy budget.

aww hell yeah a madoka thread, i thought madoka was too uncool for Sup Forums these days

My point was she wasn't miserable taking magical girls to heaven, but the opposite.
Homura isn't a terrible person for trying to give Madoka a second chance, she is in the wrong for how she did it, for selfishly forcing what she wanted on Madoka against her will.
And now as a result of Homura's actions, the LoC is broke.
Oops.

you mean when sayaka gets cucked again

>She also made wraiths to replace witches
She didn't make wraiths consciously; wraiths were a reaction to the distortion of reality caused by her wish.
>Madoka isn't actually omnipresent
She is a law of the universe, a force of nature. The concept of gravity isn't bound by location.

>She didn't make wraiths consciously; wraiths were a reaction to the distortion of reality caused by her wish.
No it wasn't. If it was only her wish working, wraiths wouldn't exist, and neither would witches.
>She is a law of the universe, a force of nature
She is a person, not a mindless force of nature.

The means justify the ends. The dead get a second chance at life, the Incubators are no longer a threat, and the power of the law of cycles is in Homura's hands. Homura wants to create Madoka's perfect world, so she has to uphold her ideal of salvation of all magical girls, and to bear the burden in her stead.

I seriously doubt Madokami literally doesn't have hands anymore

>No it wasn't. If it was only her wish working, wraiths wouldn't exist, and neither would witches
Every action, every wish has consequences, sometimes unforeseen. This is a recurring pattern through all wishes. It's like Newton's 3rd law applied to magical distortion of reality.
>She is a person, not a mindless force of nature
She is literally described as a conceptual existence. That's what the "law" is. It just so happens this law has a consciousness.

Became gay.

Ok, you're injecting personal interpretation of how Madoka saw the question and what her response was, just like Homura. It's not any more or less valid than Homura's interpretation. Was it perhaps not a very well worded question? Yes. Is it valid to say you know exactly what Madoka thought based on that one answer when it's about a situation we've never seen? No.

She can be trapped in a fucking normal witch maze. She's not omnipresent and nowhere near omnipotent.

this stupid face reminds me of mochi

If she was male people would have call him an edgelord or Mercurius rip-off

>saved her girlfriend AND improved the universe AND finally btfo'd the incubators once and for all

Homuhaters are SEETHING

>I will fight on to protect this world, because this is the world Madoka wanted to protect
>lol jk com'ere Madoka I'll force you out of the path you chose because I decide whether you're happy or not

It's just symbolism. It means shit don't work no more.

Given the hands we see in madoka magica rebellion being homuras, I would not take it so non literally, not to say madoka doesn't have hands, but she has kaname madoka's hands, and homura has madokami's hands.

The point is that Madoka didn't choose.

>Madoka becomes a god. This is forced.
>Homura forces Madoka into non-godhood
>lol Homura is giving her a choice

She technically did, considering that she wanted to save everyone.

>you're injecting personal interpretation
Except Madoka sprinkles her ideology and way of thinking over the series. She literally tells us what she thinks and what she thinks is important. Based on her decisions and other context clues, we have an extremely clear view on what and how she thinks.
If Madoka didn't have to become a god for magical girls to be saved, she would find a different way. My point was she still WANTED to save people even if her only choice was godhood, and that still makes her happy.

The situation they were placed in forced her hand (is Homura's interpretation). Guess who created that situation?

Homura took away the choice of a normal life for Madoka in the first place with her wish, she's simply trying to atone for what she feels is her fault.

>Madoka becomes a god and imposes her will on the universe
>everyone applauds
>Homura does the same thing
>boos and hisses

Sure is good logic.

Sure, but the context is important. Madoka was placed into a world where people needed to be saved and she had the power. Would she make the same choice if she wasn't in that situation from the start and given 12 episodes to decide? You can see why Homura's line of reasoning is completely understandable considering 1. the fact that rebellion Madoka was memory wiped and for all intents and purposes not having her hand forced by the situation she found herself in and 2. Homura's inherent biases due to her guilt at having forced Madoka's hand in becoming god due to her original wish.

Madoka did it to save everyone, Homura did it because muh madoka

So? Does wanting to save a friend make Homura a bad person?
The only possible drawback is that Madoka does not get to sacrifice herself.
And I don't think Madoka has a martyr complex so I don't think she would even care.

>You can see why Homura's line of reasoning is completely understandable
I never said Homura's decision wasn't understandable given how she thinks.
>context is important
It absolutely is.
Homura's question gave her no context, just that she disappeared and nobody remembered her but Homura. A mindwiped Madoka has no memory of the series or the plight of the magical girls, so she answered based on the little context that was given her.
If Madoka knows someone needed help and she was in a position of power to do so, she would. If she belived in the cause enough and she had no choice but to sacrifice herself, she would. Madoka is smart enought not to throw her own life away if she doesn't need to.
>Would she make the same choice if she wasn't in that situation from the start and given 12 episodes to decide?
If you reread my post that you're replying to you'll find I already answered this question.

Ok, so we mostly agree, except on the definition of "doing something wrong". This point also really can't be argued since we don't have enough information on the state of the universe after rebellion.