Rewatch Evangelion after 15 years

>rewatch Evangelion after 15 years

>most of the first half is just Shinji getting cucked by Kaji and his dad

Why don't I remember any of this?

>cuck

It's pretty hard to remember scenes you watched at the age of 2 after 15 whole years.

I'm sorry sir, I meant to say he gets NTR'd

>be not in a relationship with a girl
>get NTR'd or cucked
Stop using words you don't understand.

It still totally applies. I hate people like you, removing tags from top tier ntr doujins because "oh technically they weren't in relationship before, they were just friends" or "ew they are relatives, so even though he is watching a video of her in the corner and masturbating to it doesn't literally count as ntr"

Fuck you
Shinji really likes Asuka
Sees Asuka hanging on Kaji and flirting with him

Shinji really likes Rei
Sees Rei giggling and smiling with his dad

An entire scene, where Shinji's friends make Shinji believe Misato might be romantically interested in him
Immediately jumpcuts to Misato getting plowed in a hotel room

It goddamn counts you pedantic fuck

>guy has a girlfriend he loves and is a 12/10
>he likes another girl too because he isn't a socially retarded faggot like OP
Judging by your logic, he gets cucked and NTR'd too.
B-BUT IT COUNTS!

>Shinji really likes Asuka
he really doesn't
this isn't your regular romcom show you know

>he really doesn't
Then why did she win?

Just report the thread, it's the same butthurt underaged Sup Forums browsing Reifag that shits out these threads after he gets told to fuck off in another.

More like Asukafags get NTR'd when Asuka only likes CHADS!

Cause she's best girl, that's why.
Same answer as above.

>reddit spacing fucking retard misusing buzzwords
Try lurking for 2 years before posting like you're supposed to so you can learn how to type on Sup Forums.

I'd NTR Asuka anytime of the week

Because you were not a stupid NTRfag back then

Did you spend two years having less to say than Rei, user? I can't believe people still fall for this. In 2017.

Words to live by.

Best girl has to be in love with the protagonist and not be violent. Asuka is disqualified from "best girl" qualifications. Source: me

What if it's like a mutual kink? Source: you know who I am

>Best girl has to be in love with the protagonist and not be violent.
"I want a mom"

So is there some sort of alternate world where women don't want to fuck their mentors? Sometimes I suspect a lot of anons are actually from Mars.

>moms "in love" with their son
What world do you live in that is the definition of a mother?

Because at the time you weren't thinking about Shinji getting cucked. You probably just thought he was some messed up kid going through some shit. The show never changed, you did.

Shinji didn’t give a fuck when Kaji was plowing Asuka and Misato
He only ever showed genuine interest in Kaworu, the fucking Gaylord.

Still the same show to me. In fact, it's more relatable now, after more things have happened.

Kaworu played him like a fiddle, though.

He played his dick like a fiddle

I WANT TO KISS THE FUCK OUT OF ASUKA

It's why we're all here. I mean most of us.

Asuka is a dumb whore and Shinji is out of her league

I could spend decades kissing her. I'd kiss her all over till there wasn't an ounce of her being that felt unloved.

hold/10

I'd worship her body and I don't have any second thoughts about saying it.

I guess it's okay, genes shape the brain too. So the body reflects the personality in some ways.

I had the strangest mental image. Of two Asukas not being able to decide who the real one was. Maybe they both are. Maybe all Asukas need love.

If they're Asuka and they can't tell, surely nobody else can, so they deserve the same treatment.
Two Asukas sounds wonderful for a lot of reasons.

She should love herself more, if that's what you wanted to say.

I can never understand the self hatred part of her character. Every other aspect I can understand and fully see in myself. But I like me a lot.

EVA IS NOT ROMANTICAL YOU FUCKING DIPSHIT

He doesn't
>Sees Rei giggling and smiling with his dad
He was envious of his dad paying more attention to some other girl than himself.
And it must be the first time anybody seen Rei giggling too, that's a rare sight.

You're a fucking idiot. Shinji has personal and emotional issues that overrun his interest in emotionally damaged bitches.

In fact they all are so fucked up they have no time looking for romantic interests they are too consumed with their personal issues.
>Shinji only cares about himself and his issues
>Asuka sees Kaji only as a trophy male who would make herr feel like an Alpha-female to stroke her ego and complexes
>Rei is too consumed with her existential dilemma to think about dicks at all, in fact she hates her life and just waits to die
>Gendo manipulates Akagi with his dick while only thinking about Yui
>Misato only cares about uncovering truth about what killed her Father and Kaji
>Kaji is some double-tripple-quadripple agent with personal motivations revealed in quasi-canon manga, bangs Misato for good time's sake and fucks off
>Akagi is lonely cat lady sucks Gendo's dick for a lack of better partner but she knows it's not for real

NOBODY in Eva is actually engaged in romantic relationship.

Now I've got second thoughts for real user, and they're all dirty.

I like you a lot too. Enough to do all the things from EoE to you.

The dilemma is whether you can somehow find a way to make both Asukas the sole recipient of your ministrations, because they'll demand it.

>I can never understand the self hatred part of her character. Every other aspect I can understand and fully see in myself. But I like me a lot.
She knows she's not as good as she thinks she has to be.
She thinks she MUST be the top pilot, top girl a good person and a fucking rock and roll star , she just isn't.
And instead of accepting reality of her """mediocrity""", which isn't even so bod, considering she's a fucking EVA pilot she keeps bashing her head over not being fucking perfect so she could say it "IN YOUR FACE I AM THE FUCKING VERY BEST" to her mother who is long dead anyway, bu she's still trying to prove the point.

Each one can get a half of my body, first come first serve basis.

I don't think the kind of deep-seated self hatred she exhibits (and even plainly states) has anything to do with losing as a pilot.
Losing as a pilot diverted some of the lime light from her to Shinji, which I'm sure was very painful, but it wouldn't make her hate herself.

I personally think it's just a case of Anno projecting one of his qualities onto a character whose psyche is very alien to him.

Not just as a pilot but as whole.
She want's to be the #1 and tries way too hard, ruins everything, she's a shit pilot, a shit person, has less friends than Rei, most angels are slain without her anyway, everybody else gets along but her, her wet dream trophy man and the only person she got along with is dead.

She has an idealistic vision of herself and quite a shitty reality and she hates herself for not living to her own expectations.

I like her exactly because she always survives and thrives in the end, even with her resentment.

The ironing is unreal.

Isn't this the closest she ever gets to smiling in a 'I feel happy' way?

She does get disappointed soon after, and we all know who's to blame for it.

autism

god that fucking hits deep

delete this pls

I don't know about Danganronpa, is she a self hater too?

Wow, people just can't stop rolling out the ntr sluts today

This is the only good post in this thread

Ikaris are the worst.

>my wife lost so it's not a romance show
I like it, I'm going to use this for True Tears and Monogatari

Damn, just looking at the image makes me want to hold her and drown her in kisses.

You were watching this once per week and praying to god there would be giant robots that episode.
... I mean you were too busy contemplating the deep symbolism behind everything.

maki didn't even fucking hug anyone how did she cuck anyone

non spoiler is she had an abusive childhood where she just stopped feeling in totality and pretty much hates everyone for most the duration of Danganronpa

It's annoying to think about how far a little affection would have gone. It didn't even need to be Shinji. If Misato had wrapped her arms around her and told her everything would be alright, that would've been a panacea.

What Asuka needs is a brick on the head and be taken as far away as possible from the creepy adults and the world ending monsters.
After that you start rebuilding her social life and give her a way to self-determine that doesn't involve riding giant robots and punching losers.

No one bothered to talk to her or ask her if she wanted to open up about anything. Misato was closer to Shinji for all the obvious reasons. She should have shown more affection to her.

>win
it seems that you do not understand evangelion. when shinji turned everyone to tang he saw that it was not good, thus he gave people the option to revert to their previous selves, asuka seems to have taken it right away, not because she wanted to be with shinji but because she could not stand not having individuality.

I think asuka to the end hated shinji.

>Watching Monogatari
Delusional Asukafag confirmed for shit taste.
Really what a fucking mess you reds are.
Just everything about you is wrong

>I think asuka to the end hated shinji.

Rewatch, you didn't understand.

/thread

user, asuka doesn't hate Shinji, she hates herself

>Rei lost

Are you retarded

>I think asuka to the end hated shinji.
I wouldn't say as much, since she shows an unprecedent act of compassion in the last scene. But, all in all, I agree with you.

In the end, there might be a better understanding between them, that's undeniable. Butb eing able to understand one another is different from them falling in love.They are not bound to be together or something like that. As a matter of fact, I don't think it is necessary for that to happen at any point.

Even after EoE they are still very much broken. The best thing for them would be spend quite a while recovering and healing from their experiences. Shinji may very well learn to love himself and grow as a person, but that does not necessitate any one person, indeed he ultimately can only do it himself.

Likewise, Asuka's (or Rei's) many problems aren't just going to be solved by Shinji's penis. They exist as full human beings on their own, not as accessories to the main character. Which I think is something a lot of people have trouble understanding: Evangelion is not a romantic story. It is not about how these two people fell in love. Asuka and Shinji might have the most prominent relationship in the show and Anno might have chosen to expose a lot through them, but that doesn't mean they are supposed to or even need to get together. This all plays out into many fans' desire to "fix" these characters as if they could just self-insert as one them, but that whole idea is simply wishful thinking, and I think Anno had that very much in mind.

And before stupids like this: call me out for what I said: Asuka has always been and will always be my favourite character. That's why I can't stand shipping garbage involving her and reducing her to little more than an airhead tsundere.

>stream screenshot
stop posting

Different user here. I agree Asuka didn't hate Shinji entirely in the end, but for God's sake, stop using that ending title as a kind of "evidence" of a romantic ship happening. That's not the case, and as you might have seen in the last threads, it's been discussed how the last four titles are like a conversation. It's the pure definition of Hedhehog's Dilemma: to be with others although it's painful.

However, that's the theory, and what we see about Asuka and Shinji is very different. Neither there's a romantic ending, nor they'll happily have babies after the credits end. There was so much poison in their relatonship that, despite having a better understanding of each other, nothing proves us that they'll want to stick together forever.

What doesn't work, just doesn't work. There's hope, of course, but I'm realy sceptical of their future.

I should make a "I don't know anything about Evangelion but I want to sound like I do" bingo card
>No it's not romance, It's very complicated
would be the free square

I also plan to rewatch it soon. I actually loved this show when I first saw it 5 years ago. Hope it still holds up

Do both. In fact I'm planning a rewatch soon too.

This, I'm a fucking Asukafag but if you don't see her interest in Kaji and the rest of the cast as anything but self-serving then you're a total retard.

The entire cast is either using other people, being used by others, or both.

>no doujins of the cast meeting up 14 years after the end of the series and they've all grown up and found ways to at least partially deal with their issues
>THEN THEY CAN ENGAGE IN CRACK SHIPPING and find how much they all have in common

You'd really have to foster some sort of dialectic around generating self worth as well as accepting that her old ways are flawed. This is basically what you go through with cognitive behavioral therapy, though dialectical behavior therapy is also a thing.

While Misato should've pushed her more, its unfair to put blame on her. The one time we see Asuka open up is after she talks to her step mom on the phone, and forgets to put up her mask on.

It takes a cataclysmic attack on a persons ego to make a person like her (or hell, anyone fucked up on that level) to actually start changing.

That second post isn't me, I guess it's some shitpost fiend false flagging

Its not that there isn't Romance, its that the relationships are exactly as one-sided and amateur as you'd expect from FUCKING ABUSED TEENAGERS.

They even show in the adults that their interpersonal problems stem from problems similar to those of ARS that were not properly worked through.

Can we not start the ship fighting again.
None of the characters would be worth shit to each other until they've grown up. I hate it when that *ONE* really militant social-Darwinian Reifag and the *one* ship-retarded Asukafag start fighting and an entire thread is ruined.

saw it for the first time when I was 24 and was not impressed
it's like FLCL, you have to see it when you're 13, to think it's anything more than superficially deep. you can like it, but it's not great

I'm also beginning to lose who's who. Maybe tang is starting.

To be honest I always felt it was somewhere in the middle of these two posts. In line with the first user, it's fairly clear that Shinji subconsciously sees Asuka, Misato and Rei as potential sexual partners (this is heavily implied in the episode where he's stuck in unit 01 as particle dust or whatever, as well as some of the imagery in EoE suggests, and all the Freudian stuff). However, as second user states, his romantic/sexual interest is not at all "genuine" and has far more to do with selfishly/carelessly using them to fill up holes in his heart. That's what the first Asuka choking scene was all about.

Prostate exams would be less awkward in semi-tang world.

>unironically saying reddit spacing like it has any meaning

no you lurk moar. brainwashed teenaged cuckstick.

The "adults" in eva were even less emotionally mature than the children.

>That's what the first Asuka choking scene was all about.

The first Asuka choking scene is because he was starting instrumentality, as punishment for her refusing to help him.
You can view the choking as a metaphorical thing ("killing" her by taking away her precious individuality) or the literal, actual act that somehow ritualistically started Instrumentality via sacrifice
Anyway it worked out for him, because she warmed up to him by the end of instrumentality when she came to him. He even tried to choke her and send her back but she killed him with kindness.

And so would emergency room boners.

Oh I really bugger off.
Just try and rewatch NGE without your shipping goggles, if that's not a tall order for an Asukafag.
1 Shinji was shocked to see Rei cucking him out of his father, not his father cucking him out of Rei. Her didn't give a shit about Rei until some time into the show, at the beginning they were very cold.
2 Shinji pretty much hated Asuka's shit, it was mutual
3 The kiss scene was pretty much Asuka cheating on Kaji in her head. Shinji didnt even want it and they both hated it.
4 There was no positive interaction between the characters whatsoever.
5 Asuka fucking celebrated Shinji's presumed death when he got trapped in the shadow
6 In the "Perfect World" version as seen in Ep.26 Asuka is his childhood friend, not a girlfriend

There's like literally fucking NOTHING romantic going on in NGE at all. The characters are way more troubled with the world coming apart and their friends dying than with anything remotely relationship like.

I am hoping that by the time I turn 40, docters would be able to figure out how to conduct less awkward tests.

If you were in a coma and Asuka schlicked at the bedside, would you be upset about it?

Nothing will ever be as low budget or reliable as a finger.

It's called a tsundere, Shinji pretends he is coldcold with Asuka, but he is hothot

I'm that user and no, I'm just saying that I'm excited to do my own rewatch.

Thank god I've got perfect health and don't have to worry about these things.

If Asuka said she knew you jacked it to her, and then told you to do it while she watches.
Would you?
Serious question, I would drop the spaghetti.

I'm pretty sure they're mandatory at a certain age, dude.

All I ask is she cleans up after herself I don't want the room smelling like rotten tuna

Not by the least. In fact I'm sure she'd do something nasty with my helpless self and enjoy it.

>reliable
you'd think that it would be better to find the cancer before it got to the point of hardening the prostate.

I would be dumb enough to whip it out on the spot.
That's not what she was really saying there, though, I don't think