Rokka no Yuusha Thread

This series is seriously underrated.

Great cast with Great Male MC, Interesting story & setting, and Good art. Also Flamie is best girl.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XBpwFp89lUs
youtube.com/watch?v=G-uIGOqt7oA
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=53099615
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its pretty good, hope they make it into a manga or something. I really want to see Flamie getting her shit kicked in and suffer because she is my favorite girl.

>manga or something
it stops at the same point the anime did.

Bunnyfags eternally btfo.

rokka no sales, flopped so hard the producer had to apologize.

I heard some people complaining that it didn't go down the classic "heroes kill demon king" route. Do I have the right to call them retarded ?

Also why does anyone have a clue regarding why it didn't sell well ?

Well the most common complaint when it aired (and I agree with it) was that the ending was hot garbage. If I remember things correctly, it introduced a new character in the last 10 seconds of the final episode who fucked up several assumtions about certain characters identities and motives which the entire show had been based on up until that point. It was a big fuck you in the form of a "read the LN to understand what was actually going on during the show you jiat watched".

The problem is it was mis-sold as a fantasy when it was really a locked room murder mystery.

>Also why does anyone have a clue regarding why it didn't sell well?

Because it wasnt highschool fanservice. trash for fuckboys to beatoff too.

I liked the storyline and all but honestly character designs were trash and animation quality was not exactly satisfying to see.

Iirc, they spent a whole season trying to figure out who the traitor was, which was revealed 5 seconds after the MC finds some sort of stone tablet which felt like an asspull, after figuring out the secret of the fog via a stupid theory that was only proven right because he was MC, only for yet another 7th hero to show up at the end.

It was garbage.

The point of a whodunnit is for the audience to follow along and try and guess, based on the rules and evidence, who the guilty party is. This show failed at that.

>character designs were trash
What the fuck?

Other than her.Only she had good design.MC and Fremy was the worst.

How the fuck do you dislike Fremy and Adlet's designs?

Next LN literally when?

>character designs were trash

Why must you lie on the internet?

"good art"

You mean the CG monsters, or the incredibly special BGs?

Good story? You mean how they relied cheap cliffhangers and towards the end just giving no shit because of how bland the story was so they made some sort of really cheap "Oh well, it's from HERE ON ON THAT THE CHALLENGE BEGINS!" theme to try and suck enough dick to get another season?

Yeah... pretty gud.

tiny swords

Good:Nashetania

Average:Hans,Chamo,Mora

Bad:Adlet,Fremy,Goldov

Almost half of main characters have bad designs.

I would hardly say it's underrated. The cg was rightly criticized for being fucking awful and the season ended right before the real adventure even started. It reminded me of Deadman Wonderland in how it was just a blatant advertisement for the original source material. It's really a shame that it flopped so hard though, because I really liked the Mesoamerican theme and the MC. He was decent combo of hotheadedness while still being able to real it back to think. His method of fighting was fun too, as long as it's not abused for complete asspulls.

Was AotS when it aired. Hearing the sales tanked when looking for second season info a year or two later was a big shock.
Japan has always had shit taste though, so guess that was to be expected.

This show was too innovative to last.
Most people thought it was going to be shonen shit and gave it a pass and shonen-shitters were turned off when it turned into an Agatha Christie novel.

At least he picked the best girl.
>tfw you'll never confess to Flamie

For once the best girl wins.

Except she doesn't, MC hates her guts so much that she would kill herself after they kill the demon king. MC will probably enjoy watching her own suicide.

It's a good thing you stopped at anime I guess.

But the master plan is to make her kill Adlet.

They do give all the clues before unmasking the culprit. Heck, most of the people who followed it when it aired, already were pointing fingers at Naschetania when she broke the tablet. The problem with naysayers is that they expected a classical mystery when magic fucking exists, then get angry when the solution involves magic.

Someone translate the LN please.

How much is translated, and how much of the raws is available? In half a year I just might learn enough japanese to do that.

It's over, Yen Press has it now.

And this would stop me how exactly?

Fantranslation did up chapter 4 of volume 5. Yen Press say they'll do volume 4 by April 24, 2018.

They are taking down every translation they find, unless you are talking about translating it yourself for Sup Forums only.

That's exactly what I am talking about. Anyway it's hypothetical.

are you man enough to not pussy out over a C&D like countless little bitches before you?

rokka no floppa

If anything it's overrated, by people like you. Asspull filled "mystery" anime marketed as an action/adventure. *Some* character designs aside, nothing was "good".

Flamie has a 10/10 design

It had a nice ED.
youtube.com/watch?v=XBpwFp89lUs

i fucking love yamagata ishio's weird-ass approach to fantasy stories. fucking love it. bantorra was great too.

>not fremys ending
youtube.com/watch?v=G-uIGOqt7oA
Still can't believe this show had 2 OP's (3 if you count one minor variation) and 3 ED's. Passione really went all out.

nashetania was also hikasa's finest work as a seiyuu, and i'm saying that fully acknowledging hikasa is a top-flight seiyuu.

it sold badly because it had garbage characters, weak animation, shitty pacing, and becuase the ending failed to resolve anything and just went "lol buy the LNs."

bait-and-switching from an adventure story to a mystery also didn't help.

>bait-and-switching
You mean brainlets that can't read plot summaries.

Why didn't he ask Ramirez questions to prove who he is? One camp up with you, so he has knowledge the other wouldn't.

then start in media res with the fucking mystery and do flashbacks for your character intros, dude. see: weak pacing. first impressions matter.

>i hate because i would have done it differently

>my approach is the only valid approach

lel

The LN actually started with a flash-forward of the scene where Naschetania is about to kill Adlet.
Directors went full retard by cutting it and making it seem like a generic fantasy thing.

I'm not sure how you'd do that without immediately giving it away though, since you'd instantly recognise her voice, or her CG blades.

I hate it for all the other reasons listed. just responding to the dude nitpicking the genre change. have your (you)s, though.

It starts good but it goes downhill really fast when you realize that despite the supposed serious tone it still suffers from the basic shonen tropes like invincible main characters.
No matter how bad it looks you know that they will somehow pull out of their asses a gun and shot everybody and dodge all enemy bullets.

>Directors went full retard by cutting it and making it seem like a generic fantasy thing.
nigger that was a genius fucking move

Maybe he did, he doesn't talk about how the situation resolved. Only about the terror.

It's obvious that it's Nasche and she does the whole "You're the seventh" thing, showing that there's more to this than meets the eye while not actually giving away anything.

So do you not just watch anything ever? Because that's how all fantasy media works.

Till this day that chapter of Tgurneu mindbreaking Adlet is still the best of what I've read.

What animal is Flamie and Mora supposed to be?

Didn't it flop terribly? It was my favorite of that season. Shit jap taste.

that would be fine if it actually sold itself as fantasy and not le tactical military sim.

>His scream is described as "So heartbreaking it saddened even Hans."
You know you have it rough when a seasoned hitman feels for you.

How did the others react when they found out he's the seventh?

This.
I was so turned off that i completely tuned out and merely caught up on it every week or so to make sure if they were still on Namek.

Some wanted to kill him and some defended him, not much from that since it ended in cliffhanger.

>Also why does anyone have a clue regarding why it didn't sell well ?
Because we were stuck on Namek for the duration of the show.

>ywn unremember the spoilers you read
>Flamie will never be happy

YP can't do anything if a translator is really willing to work on it

Did they fuck yet?

>user...I...we need to talk
Sit down please

They started a firework shop and live happily together.

It's all gonna be fine in the end, there are international laws that prevent a best girl like Phlegmy to end up sad.

What was her problem?

Millions and millions of tiny blades

Needs some semen to stain her mountaintops.

Uninteresting tool

She valued her daughter above the rest of the human race.

Is she supposed to be a bear?

>pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=53099615
How the hell this retard has the only good hentai pics of this show?

Needed a good dicking.

A fucking fig

It will happen sooner or later Adlet made a promise and he will keep it.

>Locked room murder mystery
It was the furthest thing away from being a locked room 'mystery'. It was BBC Sherlock level of 'mystery solving'.

It's not underrated. It had active threads and many people enjoyed it. It's just that most people here can't read moon and don't want to read shitty translations, and people tend to stop going in threads when they're full of ESLfags shitposting with fake spoilers like "Fremy gets raped."

Do you have a fetish for rabbits?

Fremy - Semen Demon
Mora - Fluidus Druidus

This will never not be satisfying to watch.

She deserved this.

Didn't she later lost a arm or a leg, can't remember how though.

I remember the comfy stream we had just as the series ended, it was a fun time indeed.

Not in the anime I think.

Later on I think, she was full of demon worms anyway so who cares.

She loses an arm first, then she gets her throat broken. But she's literally worm slut and has kyouma parasites inside that grant her regeneration and self-healing abilities.

Not to mention it bastardizes most of the original material

Read the novels. Im sure even yenpress has released at least 2 volumes by now

>everyone cries wah wah why doesnt the jap buy my closed room mystery anime for a season 2?
Why didnt you guys support it either? It was also released in the states shortly after

Im more salty because volume 2 is where things start to pick up

So we got cucked out of a volume 2 because volume 1 is 100% mystery

>Rokka no Sales

>implying I didn't