Other urls found in this thread:

prntscr.com/h08023
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

tokyo ghoul:re, volume 13 bio →

rize (リゼ)
•10/8 •blood type: AB
•size: 164cm/55kg

Nice Generals.

Furuta is probably on top of a highrise building right now taking selfies of him and Dragon destroying Tokyo, if he's not dead that is.

Is Ishida just going to copy code geass ending? Is he that much of a hack?

He's a hack but I think Hide is gonna ruin Furuta's ebin keikaku

He’s wearing a mask to show how pissed he is too.

spoilers are here

I love Touka more than anyone in the whole world!

The dragon is cute

Monday chapter?

Yes, but this faggots keeps making new threads for shitposting

Kaneki (金木) means "golden tree" and Ken (研) means "to grind/polish" or "study."

For me, trees have always been the most penetrating preachers. I revere them when they live in tribes and families, in forests and groves. And even more I revere them when they stand alone. They are like lonely persons. Not like hermits who have stolen away out of some weakness, but like great, solitary men, like Beethoven and Nietzsche. In their highest boughs the world rustles, their roots rest in infinity; but they do not lose themselves there, they struggle with all the force of their lives for one thing only: to fulfil themselves according to their own laws, to build up their own form, to represent themselves. Nothing is holier, nothing is more exemplary than a beautiful, strong tree. When a tree is cut down and reveals its naked death-wound to the sun, one can read its whole history in the luminous, inscribed disk of its trunk: in the rings of its years, its scars, all the struggle, all the suffering, all the sickness, all the happiness and prosperity stand truly written, the narrow years and the luxurious years, the attacks withstood, the storms endured. And every young farmboy knows that the hardest and noblest wood has the narrowest rings, that high on the mountains and in continuing danger the most indestructible, the strongest, the ideal trees grow.

Trees are sanctuaries. Whoever knows how to speak to them, whoever knows how to listen to them, can learn the truth. They do not preach learning and precepts, they preach, undeterred by particulars, the ancient law of life.

A tree says: A kernel is hidden in me, a spark, a thought, I am life from eternal life. The attempt and the risk that the eternal mother took with me is unique, unique the form and veins of my skin, unique the smallest play of leaves in my branches and the smallest scar on my bark. I was made to form and reveal the eternal in my smallest special detail.

1/?

I like tg too but can people stop trying to force stupid bullshit symbolism

"A tree says: My strength is trust. I know nothing about my fathers, I know nothing about the thousand children that every year spring out of me. I live out the secret of my seed to the very end, and I care for nothing else. I trust that God is in me. I trust that my labor is holy. Out of this trust I live.

When we are stricken and cannot bear our lives any longer, then a tree has something to say to us: Be still! Be still! Look at me! Life is not easy, life is not difficult. Those are childish thoughts. Let God speak within you, and your thoughts will grow silent. You are anxious because your path leads away from mother and home. But every step and every day lead you back again to the mother. Home is neither here nor there. Home is within you, or home is nowhere at all.

A longing to wander tears my heart when I hear trees rustling in the wind at evening. If one listens to them silently for a long time, this longing reveals its kernel, its meaning. It is not so much a matter of escaping from one's suffering, though it may seem to be so. It is a longing for home, for a memory of the mother, for new metaphors for life. It leads home. Every path leads homeward, every step is birth, every step is death, every grave is mother.

So the tree rustles in the evening, when we stand uneasy before our own childish thoughts: Trees have long thoughts, long-breathing and restful, just as they have longer lives than ours. They are wiser than we are, as long as we do not listen to them. But when we have learned how to listen to trees, then the brevity and the quickness and the childlike hastiness of our thoughts achieve an incomparable joy. Whoever has learned how to listen to trees no longer wants to be a tree. He wants to be nothing except what he is. That is home. That is happiness."

- Hermann Hesse

It's clearly you don't have the proper IQ to read this series, I recommend you to leave.

Fuck off retards. It's clear Ishida reads a lot. There are so many hints and paralel about the books he read in TG. Start from reading Demian by Hermann Hesse. You will understand.

Many anons are brain dead or go dropping words like character development or story progression really lightly. They usually show their speedreading by not picking up any symbolism and just stick to powerlevels and these obvious facts. But they have a point, no matter how deep is your symbolism, it doesn't justify the atrocious pacing and how events turned out. Just remember it's quite easy just to shitpost as a parrot and say hack.

I actually like the recent developments, pacing and execution of the last ~10 months was shit though.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Tokyo Ghoul:re. The storytelling is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the plot will go over a typical reader's head. There's also Kaneki's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these chapters, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Tokyo Ghoul: Re truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Kaneki's existential catchphrase "No. It's fine," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Ishida's genius unfolds itself on their pages. What fools... how I pity them. :joy: And yes by the way, I DO have a Tokyo Ghoultattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only-

Always makes me smile, thanks retard.

That's my problem with his writing too much focus on parallels or referencing his favorite books.

And how is that problem? At least it encourages to give a shot to other genres or reread some classic shit like Kafka short stories.

>I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Ishida's genius unfolds itself on their pages

sick copy pasta bro

Everything ended up being a mess.

What happened to Hide's face Sup Forums? Any guesses?

Kaneki.

Full spread of the volume cover.

>offers his own flesh to Kaneki for him to heal
>starts eating Hide's face instead of an arm or a leg

t-thanks, Kaneki

Do we have Tatara's bio yet?

its ok the series became a mess cause muh symbolism

People fail to understand Kaneki's motivations and his reasons.
Kaneki grew up without a father, that automatically screws him up severely. On top of that he was unloved and lost his mother at a young age. As if that still wasn't enough he became an outcast both at school and with his aunt's family.
Hide approached him and made him open up, and over time they became very close. Hide looked out for Kaneki when no one else did, but their relationship is not sexual. Kaneki loves Hide as a brother. After becoming an artificial OEG Kaneki is ripped out of his safe zone and forced to live the double life of a ghoul among other ghouls in society. This inadvertedly lead to him opening up to the ghouls at Anteiku. He came to view them as a family and Anteiku a second home. Rinse and repeat for Haise and the Qs.
Kaneki seeks to protect the people around him to protect himself and his own feelings and what he sees as his home. Hinami is as important to him as Hide, or the Qs. However things have taken an unexpected turn for him. Touka offering herself and revealing her feelings have sent his inner world, his conviction and morals into turmoil. Notice how Kaneki was still talking about dying for a greater good at the start of this arc, but that all changed the moment he learned Touka was expecting his child and after he married her.
Touka now represents what he had always lacked in his life and yearned for more than anything else, a real family. It could've been Hinami, it could've been Akira, but Touka acted first. As such Touka gains a spot above everyone else and becomes the trigger to force a change in Kaneki.

Thank you, user! This is actually quite refreshing.

Reducing this interaction to "muh touka" is an insult to your own intelligence, as it reveals that you are either incapable of comprehending the story, or that you don't want to and wish to live in your little safe space. Touka isn't special because of Kaneki's initial feelings for her, she's special because she reciprocated them and acted on them. It could've been any other woman in Kaneki's life, even fucking Mutsuki, Hinami with a bit of persuasion, or a random CCG intern. Rize was his top pick. The only woman he would've rejected is Eto, because Eto is the only character in the manga Kaneki has shown disgust and conpempt for.

Bruh

Thanks, dude.

I hate Suzuya

Why?

Not him, but gary stu circus freak trashy trap

Yeah, but why though?

I just hate women and LGBTards

Nice pic dude mind if I save it?

His whole motives are muh Shinohara, but he still a freak and still has fun while killing.

>clears this distance in one jump

Reply to bless the little ghoul(s)

Yeah he was enjoying fighting touka and hinami and most likely would have had a hell of a time slaughtering the children/those who cant fight behind them.

He was a half-human child afterall...

Go ahead, user! Use it wisely though. It's a terrible weapon in the hands of those uninitiated in thr art of shitposting.

O MY EUNUCH ACROBATICS

He was doing what he thought was right for himself and the person he holds dear... like Kaneki is now.

>Big Madam was his actual father
He must take after his mom then

Aaaaaaaa Touka please give me spoilers!

Shinohara is a potato with no hope of ever recovering. He needs to let go.

He enjoys it though.

Not so much. I get a feeling the fight with Kaneki was more of a "job tbat needed to be done" kind of thing. He didn't show that much enjoyment when he fought Hinami and Touka either.

Touka and most readers blame Kaneki for doing everything for himself. This is very wrong imo. Every invidual in this world doing everything for theirselves. Even now, Kaneki went batshit crazy because he wants to be with Touka. He is doing it not for Tauka. For himself. There is not even one single act that is not selfish in our world.

Your welcome user.

If I were to go by your logic, I should start hating every single character in TG.

What the fuck is that?

A chimera, obviously.

Moth dick

prntscr.com/h08023
too lazy to download

Does anyone here know how to use tumblr? There were a few old ishida twitter translations I'd like to reread on the blog 1of4-basedanon, but it's deleted(?). Can I still read it in some offsite archive or something? I remember one being about Ishida and ONE being friends and then another one about a fan being rude or something, I'm not so sure anymore. I tried googling it, but only some posts about the tg calendar and boku no hero showed up. Please help.

Could it be that Touka is really similar to Kaneki's mom, hence why he tends to take everything she says for granted?

He enjoyed it, yet he still asked Hinami if they should stop so she didn't suffer more. And just die without fighting. Kinda pragmatic.

No, it's just Kaneki leeches to anything that shows affection and Touka was always special from him. Touka knew that and abused it to making him stay alive, even the kid is an attempt to give Kaneki reasons to live.

Fucking psycho

An old man once said:

Oh so is that what yoshimura did when he threw his kid in the 24th ward?

Threw?

>knows furuta works with clowns
>follows orders anyway

the retard doesn't have the balls to turn off a vegetable.

Another wise man once said:

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Tokyo Ghoul. The foreshadowing is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of tragedy themed literature and world mythology most of the plot twists will go over a typical viewers head. There's also Ishida's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into the characterisation of his characters - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Kafka's literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these plot-twists, to realise that they're not just tragedy- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Tokyo Ghoul truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the tragedy in Kaneki's existential catchphrase "SPLIT RIP ROPOPOPO IT'S LIKE A KITCHEN" which itself is a cryptic reference to Kafka's novella The Metamorphosis

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to shitpost. The foreshadowing is extremely obvious, and without a solid grasp of shit literature and comedy most of the plot twists will not go over a typical viewers head. There's also the shitposter's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into the characterisation of his shitposts - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Kafka's literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they don't have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these plot-twists, to realise that they're not just shitposting- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike shitposting truly AREN'T idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the tragedy that is shitposting and stupid psychobabble like "SPLIT RIP ROPOPOPO IT'S LIKE A KITCHEN" which itself is a cryptic reference to Kafka's being a giant faggot.

Kek.

Back to school underage.

Suzuya:
>Furuta is a scumbag
>I like Haise
>I'm not sure about this ghoul genocide

Proceeds to kick Kaneki's ass, anyway, forcing Kaneki into a psychological corner just as Furuta keikakku'd. So that Kaneki would turn into some demented, massive, centipede horror and kill and consume thousands, if not tens or hundreds of thousands, of humans.

Nice consistency here.

Agreed. Jewzou kinda redeemed himself during Joker spinoff-TG:re first volumes and even knew that clowns were up to something, but he went full retard in this last arc. He's almost as bad as one-dimensional emotionless Garyma Stu who dindu nuffin.

Christ she was small

It's not just him though. Almost all of the characters feel like that now to be honest. The retardation seems to have hit an all time high, especially in the last few chapters.

Doesn't have any balls which increases his jump potential

Arima was great (gay)

I actually really liked Arima. No idea why

>I wonder if I'll be able to help someone, just like mom...

Arima was a cool dude who deserved better, but he was blind to his own power and pussied out like the hypocrite he was.

I liked him because, despite his stoic nature, he held great love for others.

This, he was just a normal guy, actually.

Why Mads appear on every board or thread I go? Death Stranding, SNK, Sup Forums, Sup Forums, Sup Forums and even /jp/.

Because he is handsome. Full homo.

His omakes are great and he always felt like a good limiter for the story. That ontop of his parts at the end of TG were GOAT. The rue island arc sorta ruined the fight with kaneki but reading it all in one, it was actually a really fitting way for Arima to go

>Rize was his top pick.
Shit fuck Ishida and his pandering Toukenshit

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I love Kaneki.

If you want the normal resolution just say so.

>(s)he
Stopped reading right there.