Actually waiting until the person on the crosswalk reaches the other side

>actually waiting until the person on the crosswalk reaches the other side

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Uz5uxAsrbwI
youtube.com/watch?v=zHB91C6P7F4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That loli is with her mom so you shouldn't run over her.

What are you, some kind of speed demon?
I bet you drive at a fixed rate of 10MPH above the speed limit and never slow down on curves or down-grade hills

Wasn't planning on it. just want to go as soon they're out of the path of my car

That's illegal user.

i live in san diego, here it's rare to see someone wait the entire time.

As someone from SEA going to Europe, it really surprises me that cars let me to cross first. Usually when I walk I'd rather let them go first and only skirt after the car past by. Really a strange feeling, that my usual pedestrian evasion skills is not necessary.

That's also the culture in my country(portugal),drivers literally stop the car and still the pedestrian let's the driver cross first.It creates confusing situations and I wish pedestrians had more balls,it's in their right to cross,I am obligated to stop the car if someone is waiting on the sidewalk

Spain here. Can confirm this happens here, too, mostly with old people.

We got a law for that in Ontario recently. No one really obeys it though.

Went to Buenos Aires the other time around, almost got buried under a car.

Fuckers don't stop at all they just keep going as if the zebra doesn't exist.

This is why the Demon Lord still hasn't been defeated.

Can confirm. If you stop to let people cross, they think you're just waiting so you can run them over.

Then you head over to Chile and it's the exact opposite in Santiago; everybody crosses and expect cars to stop right away, nevermind that the car is going 35mph and is less than 3 feet away from them. The only ones who wait are old people, people with kids, and dogs.

in cali the cars speed up to make it across just as youve started walking

youtube.com/watch?v=Uz5uxAsrbwI
Honk

Ah, you're either eastern European or Italian.

'murica

ever been on a rekt thread on Sup Forums ?

99% of the car crashes and shit are from places like this hellhole

Well, 'murrica is just as barbarous as eastern Europe, so no surprises there I guess.

They do that in japan, it's stupidly annoying

youtube.com/watch?v=zHB91C6P7F4

wtf was his point? to stop directly infront of the crosswalk as he waited for that group to go? i woulda done same thing as op there

>go to Sup Forums

This one, the radio dial one, and the coffee cup one really piss me off. How much time do these retarded lawmakers think cops have to enforce all this bullshit?

well thats how i found out about Sup Forums, rather be here though ;-;

In Brazil they will ram will even if you're crossing while the light is red. And when I mean ram, I mean they fucking RAM you at full speed, consequences be damned. The only city I remember where people wait for you to cross is Brasilia (capital city of Brazil). They don't even have lightboxes there, because everyone knows how to act. The rest of the country though, is full-on barbarism. More people die in a year from traffic accidents in Brazil than in most wars.

jesus christ man.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate

1) China - 261,367 deaths in 2013
2) India - 238,562 deaths in 2013
3) Brazil - 41,059 deaths in 2013

Brazil alone has half of the deaths of Europe combined.

People don't need faggy rules to cross, just learn to coexist with the chaos.

where in the fuck do you live

From China. Cars have the unwritten right of way over people here, so unless you want to dance through busy traffic, you'd better let them pass your ass first. It's really unsettling when I go to a country where people actually have the right of way, and at every crossing I engage in an awkward gestured "you first", "oh no, you first, please" with the driver of the car about the turn in.

in america just act like you have god mode on and walk infront of cars with your chest puffed out. the most anyone will do is make an angry look at you.

He literally just told you. Brazil.

there's a reason we call them california stops in other states.

>when you stop at a crossing and play the "I signal you to go first while you signal me to go first game so we stand there for 10 seconds waving hands at each other"
The autism is strong in me.

Yes, yes, and yes. I might drop a gear on downhills but I don't like braking. I avoid braking as much as possible because it's a waste of energy.

I also treat stop signs as yield signs and try to see how fast I can whip my ford fiesta through a roundabout.

You literally just took the total fatalities per year and posted them. Of course India and China are going to be up top you baka, they're the most populated countries on the planet.

>tfw do exactly this
>intentionally slow down when I'm blocking cars
my rihgt of way bitch
Captcha; ROGER AMERICAN

He was trying to prove a point about BRAZIL though.

You should be run over.

I guess, according to the list Brazil has 23.4 road fatalities per 100000 inhabitants per year. Pretty bad and it seems to put them right next to all the other shitty African/Middle Eastern countries.

You are suppose to wait until pedestrians are safely on the sidewalk, user.

I like you.

This is retarded and most kids learning o rive in my country get told to ignore the pedetrian's signals.
The guy with the car must stop if someone waiting and that's the rule.

Pedestrians have the right of way. What are you, a Japanese truck?

You say that as if being better than Africa/ME were an accomplishment.

>on the internet nobody knows you are a Japanese Truck

>some poor guy is trying to turn through traffic
>second he gets an opening I block his path and slow down
nothing more satisfying in life

Man, this would be the perfect "Peru" webm if it wasn't for the really well made road, driving on Peru is like this plus Mario Bros holes everywhere.

Anyone reading this: if you are one of those fuckers who tries to yield when you have right of way, be it on foot on in a vehicle, I hope you get ran over by a truck. Of all the retarded traffic related shit that people do, that may well be the one that pisses me off the most, especially since they probably think they are doing people a favor with their idiocy and it makes them feel good about themselves.

Eh, it's perfectly legal in most places.
You have to wait for anyone coming from the opposite direction, but once your lane is clear you're free to go.

In Japan the pedestrian crossing lights are usually in sync with the same direction traffic lights, turning red about shortly before the traffic lights turn red but turning green at the same time.

As such the pedestrians have the right of way.

Some pedestrians yield because they're old and slow, user. Same with people in overloaded or bad vehicles or whatever. Think about it.