Literally the most underrated anime ever

Also the most normal anime ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/WhQbJLLt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>lupin movies
>underrated

What rock do you live under

Only underrated Lupin is Mamo and Pink Jacket.

>in the top 100 list even on fucking MAL
>underrated

>lupin
>underrated

At least, underrated on Sup Forums.

It's not underrated, there just isn't much discussion on Sup Forums because it hasn't aired recently. A few anons have tried making Lupin generals (on weekend nights, IIRC), but they never took off.

They did pretty well when TWCMF was airing. It would have been great if we could have had them back for Part IV, but no reliable subs until well into the Japanese broadcast made that impossible.

What made this franchise last so long?

Whats the watch order for this anons? Looks like a comfy show but I don't know where to start

cat and mouse formula always lasts long

It's fun.

pastebin.com/WhQbJLLt

There are many factors at play, but ultimately it's a fun premise (globetrotting adventures) with great characters that is cheap to produce. It also never really went out of style; there's always been a steady stream of films/shows/OVAs that new people can latch onto, which is somewhat self-perpetuating.

imo, watch order should start out as:
1. Castle of Cagliostro
2. Part IV / The Woman Called Mine Fujiko
3. Fuma Conspiracy
4. Part II

By that point you should have an idea for which entries are worthwhile. There's also a decent Goemon film that just came out, but won't make much sense without a previous introduction to the character.

I want more Jigen.

Watch 1971 + Cagliostro to start, either one first, then whatever. I'd look for a list of the best Part 2 and 3 episodes, watch those, maybe some other movies like Fuma, Mamo, Dezaki + Koike specials.

it was popular in both Japan and Europe so they kept it going

It came pretty damn close to being a forgotten relic though.

holy shit.
any chance I could get a download link?

That looks like the collection on BakaBT and well...

Thanks. Wasn't seeing a big collection or anything on nyaa, so I was confused.
Never bothered with private sites, so ah well.

What the fuck? Watch all of part 2, nigga. There are some seriously underrated feels moments in some of those episodes.

>BakaBT
That site stills up?

Yeah. It's private now though.

Not the most underrated, but still mildly underrated. Gets overshadowed by the other big 90s names like Bebop and Outlaw star

>other big 90s names

>Lupin
>90s

I know you're referring to the Red Jacket run on Adult Swim, but still.

He's talking about Trigun tho.

Part 2 is super long and super uneven. The highs are very high, but unless you're a huge fan I see no reason why you should watch everything.

Not referring to Lupin, was referring to Trigun (hence why I posed Meryl). Figured this was just a general "underrated anime" thread. Funny part is that Trigun usually always gets posted in those threads, so you could say that on Sup Forums it ain't underrated.

Christ, stop trying. You clearly got caught being a fucking retard. Just own up to it.

Hey now, cut him some slack. With how fast Lupin threads get bumped off here, it's understandable to think it was underrated.

What jacket should he wear in Part V?

>mal

I opt for no jacket and guns like Popeye the Sailor Man.

Fuck that looks great

Koike Lupin is stylish as all hell.

It's sad that we'll probably never see another Lupin anime that embraces the cartoony nature of the manga.

isn't Part V just going to be a continuation of IV?

I'd like to think that we may get like...a direct to DVD/BD thing.

My favourite was Count of Cagliostro. I managed to get hold of a VHS copy of the dub. It was an amazing dub. Yes yes shock horror disgusting get out reeee. But it was brilliant. It was also terrible quality audio wise. So when they 'remastered' it for DVD, I looked forward to it. Except they didn't kept the VA or use the old sound, they got new people and it sucked. It's the only dubbed anime, outside hentai (and that's only to hear poor VA's American girls screaming about not wanting to fuck their mom) that I liked.

Also that scene where Fujiko (I forget which one) is whipped by the BSDM lesbian was hot.

>BSDM lesbian

That was a man.

It was? I honestly can't remember. Okay, it was a man. Still hot seeing Fujiko like that.

If you're talking about that scene in Twilight Gemini, then yeah. He was also a woman hating homo iirc.

I wonder if there is a collage of all the nudity shots in Lupin III. I can't remember who else but Fujiko was shown topless (or at least butt).

Did they ever do a film set in UK? I know they did one set in Italy and France and Spain? I can't remember if they did one in UK, seeing how he's rather similar to James Bond.

I think they were in the UK in Harimao's Treasure but I haven't seen that one in close to a decade.

>Lupin
>underrated
user you mentally challenged?

i hope kobayashi is immortal and will continue to voice jigen for the next 50 years

> Yasuo Yamada dead.
> Goro Naya dead.
> Eiko Masuyama and Makio Inoue retired.
> There very well may be a new voice actor for Jigen in a few years.

I hate this.

Nothing is bumped off fast here. You can literally go to sleep and wake up the next day with half of the same exact threads. We went full circle and turned back into a forum.

What's underrated?

I dont know but for me it is Lupin. You just dont see those kinda main characters anymore