Why do so many anime build up romantic tension between two characters to no payoff?

Why do so many anime build up romantic tension between two characters to no payoff?

Because Rumiko Takashi is a fucking hack.

When I was young, i've always inserted myself as Ryoga and would get boners thinking of how hot the hate sex would be with Ranma.

To keep you watching.
Also, Ranma (male)/Ryoga (female) would be a better pairing. Ranma's arrogance and Ryoga's moodiness works better that way.

Art imitates life?

I knew that the moment I realized Inuyasha had nearly 170 episodes. She also enjoys rehashing the same kind of MC (arrogant idiot) and love interest (violent bitch). The only redeemable thing about her mangas/animes are the interesting and lovable side characters.

Hate sex for you, but she would smirk sadistically as she wraps her legs around your waist; teasing you that you'lll never get Akane now. As soon as you are about to pull out, she'll tighten her hold of you even more and force you to be the father of her babies.

God, what a disappointment that was.

Pretty sure it's still ongoing; I was really hoping for some alone time between them at the end of S3, but I guess that's hoping for too much.

More baiting = more chapters
More chapters = more volumes
More volumes = more sales
More sales = more money
Money = good

Most of the time authors of "romance" series rarely ever care about any actual development between characters as they do teasing and baiting for possible romance in the future.
Obviously, most of the time this results in nothing and the status quo is retained with no progress at all. But young people or people who don't know better keep buying it and reading it for maybe a chance at things happening. Classic marketing and giving people an incentive to keep reading.
When things DO happen in romance manga/anime, it's always at the very end, leaving the whole series feel pointless if it just ends right at the actual start of a romance. But the author never set out to create actual romance, just easy misunderstandings for money. Writing characters in an actual relationship was never in their plans to begin with. Why waste the effort if you already probably have an anime adaptation and merchandise at that point?

Can Ranma get pregnant? I mean when he turns back to a guy. Where would the jizz be?

Has Ranma experienced a period in the series? If so, I feel that since it's magic then it would probably just cause a miscarriage if the act of pregnancy doesn't lock the curse temporarily.

>and force you to be the father of her babies.

I would gladly be the father of her babies. Over and over.

The last arc of the manga involves a tribe that would throw animals into the spring Ranma fell into so they could fuck them and have babies with animal superpowers

JAPAAAAAAN

Those would then be locked with that bucket though right?

Wouldn't femRyoga just be a hardier Akane with no sense of direction?

The introduction of the bucket tells you that yes, she has thought about it, and so should you.

Nah, Ryoga's way more awkward

Akane and Ryoga are both aggressive towards Ranma because they're both into his female half but don't know how to deal with it