youtube.com/watch?v=7WDPgh1nKdw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It also has better characters.

but that's wrong

Pre-schooler's doodle =/= stylish.

Don't forget, a better plot too.

are you trying to prove him wrong
because it's not working

nah it's cool because the dub did away with the kiddie voices and made everyone a gruff man who cussed all the time

togashit cantdraw

I love Dragon Ball and DBZ(through cell) but looking back YYH tournament arc was better than any DBZ tournament arc

seriously how fucking cool was having a tournament with demons cheering for you to lose in the background

I could never get into YYH. Should I give it another whirl? It felt underwhelming

Cell was trash. Everything post-Freeza is bad.
Also nothing in YYH is as good as RRA arc

The YYH tournament arc kind of dragged and I hated how the only reason Yusuke was strong enough to beat Toguro was because he survived having a blue ball of light pushed into his body. The choreography of the fights was better in Dragon Ball as well, with YYH usually focusing more on who had the better supernatural power.

Does that mean bleach is cooler because it has an even more stylish skin?

This man gets it

DUDE HUMANS ARE THE REAL MONSTERS LMAO

What was worse the Buu saga or Majin Yusuke?

>humans aren't portrayed as wholly good
>"Hurr durr it's saying humans are the real evil!"

>Everything post-Freeza is bad

Both sides had evil. And Spirit World had evil. That's good plot.

DBZ was nearly black/white morality.

Yea, it's very worth it. Each arc is quite different. English Dub is a must.

>YYH usually focusing more on who had the better supernatural power.
I'd be more willing to listen if we weren't comparing it to DBZ of all shows. Besides, several fights came down to intelligence. Not just Kurama or Hiei but even Yusuke and Kuwabara used their noggins sometimes.
But yes, Dark Tournament was damn long.

Hated Kurama's "I'm a strategist which means I can just bullshit out of my ass" intelligence.

But that didn't happen very often. Or at least, I can't really recall it happening much. Wanna throw me an example?

Yoko Kurama planted a tree years and years ago and happened to summon it up at the demon tournament

Yea, that's bullshit. But it was also when the series was dying. I'm not sure that happened in the manga.

You could really tell the last arc was a mad dash to the finish line

YYH is probably the most overrated anime/manga in its genre. Its popularity on Sup Forums has to be due to nostalgia which would also explain why the shitty English dub is as popular as it is. Also I don't know if it's just me but I think the music is absolutely horrible.

>all battle shounen are DBZ

When will this meme die?

Publishers or editors were fucking around in the background. Many plotlines that were supposed to be done were ditched.

Just like Negima.

>due to nostalgia
No, it's actually that good. Also the dub is REALLY good. Great VAs, good translations, and small changes that benefit the show as a whole. The Japanese version is rather unfunny despite the series being somewhat comedic as well.
The music is touch and go. Sometimes great, sometimes not.

youtube.com/watch?v=7WDPgh1nKdw

Nostalgia is nice but lots of stuff I am nostalgic for wasn't good. Rurouni Kenshin's filler for example.

What about people who aren't nostalgic for it and liked it? People still pick it up and love it.

I may be biased towards the dub because I cannot stand Kuwabara's English voice at all

Being black and white isn't necessarily bad.
Just look at Ten's character arc.

Yea, that's a weakness.

No, it's not but it's very common and it gets cliched. Toguro and Sensui were far more interesting than a majority of the DBZ villains.
I mean, Frieza is pure evil and it works. But when everyone is pure evil?

I watched it for the first time a few months back and thought it was enjoyable enough. Not the best battle shounen of all time or anything, but still pretty good. Like DB, which it keeps getting compared to on here, it really only has a few great arcs with everything else ranging from okay to bad though. I think it's main strength is that it's core cast of characters is mostly pretty likeable.

I got used to it pretty quick, now I can't imagine him without it

I think he tried to change it up with Fat Buu but he ended up absorbed and the rest of the Buu's were all pure evil.

Vegeta wasn't pure evil. Cell was just a radical version of Goku.

But Goku is a complete asshole.

>I cannot stand Kuwabara's English voice at al
I couldn't stand it after watching regular show.
Now whenever I watch dubbed YYH I can't picture him as anything but Muscleman because they sound so similarly obnoxious.

English Dub. It doesn't really kick off until the "team" of the 4 main guys is assembled. I've watched it all the way through twice and I love it

I've rewatched Chapter Black 4 times. The first time I saw it I had chills and couldn't watch it at night.