MY

RUBBER

NEN

Why did this quote become a meme?
What's the context being it?

O

asspull of the decade

Do elaborate.

A power that didn't resemble anything from either family lineage had manifested.
It was a genetic mutation not a curse.Apparently it can happen on an extremely rare basis.

I'm not fully up to date with hxh yet. Did he actually say "O MY RUBBER NEN" in the manga or was that a shitty translation?

yeah it was an asspul but taking on account of how good nen was explained, and how good were the countermesures in the story, hisoka made THE ASSPULL

It was spammed because niggastream's translation was funny. Non-readers still think it's an asspull.

I was quoting Overhaul talking about Eri's quirk

Considering dekus mom had no problems with his quirk despite her being a telekenetic and the dad being a fire breather it still makes sense.

but that's not an asspull

well basically, this guy died together with a big horde of puppet people at its center, the puppets were explosive and the explosion killedhim, before the explosion he said those lines, and aplied nen to his heart, and succed to kickstart himself hours after being dead

user, I can read. Did you read my post?

huntercuks still pissed

Misunderstood you and thought you thought I was talking about deku

>and succed to kickstart himself hours after being dead
You can say it's cheesy, bad writing etc. but read it before spouting nonsense. They fought some more after this.

>the puppets were explosive and the explosion killedhim
No, the manga explicitly states he died of suffocation. Not all of the puppets were explosive, he got dog-piled by a bunch of non-explosive puppets before the explosive ones got to him, so the damage to his body was relatively minimal. That's why he was able to resuscitate himself with his nen and wasn't just a crispy corpse.

Rubber nen wasn't even the worst Deus Ex. The Rose Bomb was.

yep, that shit was

how's gum can bring him back to life?
Answer : It's Nen, i ain't gonna explain shit

It massaged his heart and revived him.

A big component of the meme is how awful Niggerstream's translation is. Even with the awful asspull at play, if Niggerstream chose something along similar to what Viz chose it wouldn't have become a meme. I'm personally just glad Jamini is around now for shonenshit speedscans. They'll probably last 1-2 years before falling to the same complacent quality as Niggerstream.

Not really. the worst was Alluka nad how Killua could "order" him. They even have to write them out of the story afterwards.