Watching picrel right now. 5 episodes in and so far LITERALLY FUCKING NOTHING happened...

Watching picrel right now. 5 episodes in and so far LITERALLY FUCKING NOTHING happened. It's pretty much "Guy struggling to walk and keep his balance, while grunting heavily at the same time: The Animation". Is there even going to be a plot of any sorts in this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LhQwFxhiVQs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I assume the booze is there to make me stop questioning myself why I'm watching such a boring anime?

keep going adhd brainlet

Yeah user, we all know your time is very valuable and you have loads of other things you need to do

Well, my animu backlog is quite large, so...

>Every week we get an angry thread about someone not making it past the pleb filter
Texhnolyze is unironically a 10/10 you low iq plebs

If you don't have a depression it's just 6/10, with depression it's 9/10.

>Anime doesn't have anything happening for literally half the episodes and is boring as piss because of that
>You just don't get it. It's totally a pleb filter to weed out people with iq < 200.

I actually have confirmed depression, yet all "depressing" anime seem stupid to me because they're all just sad for the sake of being sad without any substance to it. What does that make me?

>You just don't get it. It's totally a pleb filter to weed out people with iq < 200.
Authors intentionally made it that way, so yes.

Actually, it's a 10/10 regardless.

Ah, so on top of being boring it's pretentious as well? Cool.

Just drop lt, you don’t get it, won’t get it and you are here to cry about not being amused. Go watch something easier.

/thread

Yeah, I think I'll just go do that. I have a lot of free time, but I don't like wasting it on things I'm not going to enjoy, regardless of the reason. I just thought I'd ask around because I might be, like, 1 episode short of something happening and it would be stupid to drop it at that point, but it seems like it's not and it's just another "deep"/"you don't get it you dumb pleb" pretentious series for pompous assholes.

"Boring" and "pretentious" are lazy adjectives when used to describe something you just don't like. Not saying you're wrong in this case, but be more precise about your criticism if you want to have a semblance of an argument. It's like saying something is "cool" or "fun", it's empty and shallow.

"Nothing is happening" is also not a valid criticism, especially when a slow space or a lack of action is intentional.

"Nothing is happening" is a valid criticism when nothing's happening after the first 2 hours and there's nothing to compensate for it.

>"Boring" and "pretentious" are lazy adjectives when used to describe something you just don't like

If I was in a mood for a serious discussion, I would surely form a more complex argument, but since I'm not, I decided to keep it concise. I just called it pretentious because doing stuff like making it intentionally boring, plotless, actionless and generally unappealing in order to supposedly weed out the people unworthy of watching it fits this adjective perfectly.

If you don't like it then watch something else? Why do brainlets even try to watch difficult works.

>Authors aim of a slow "show don't tell" show
>WHY IS NOTHING HAPPENING ITS FUCKING BORING
>People point that out
>PRETENTIOUS SHIT
If you're so much of a brainlet you can't even get how artistic experimentation works then you can fuck off with your opinions

teen genocide best day of my life

What does brain has to do with an ability to pointlessly wasting time?

A fucking poser.

Seconded. If that's what "intellectual entertainment" and "art" is supposed to be like, I guess I'll just go watch dumb shows for brainlets and have fun instead of boring myself to tears while trying my best to convince myself it's good quality entertainment for truly intelligent people.

That's not what pretentious means though. Pretentious people can pretend to see meaning where there isn't any but just because a visual media is slow doesn't make it pretentious. Again, the context would need to be examined: why is it slow? is it to "filter" people who lack the patience or simply an artistic choice?

I don't have depression yet Texhnolyze is still a 10/10
I think its message is universal to anyone stuggling to find meaning in their lives

Sure it does. If you give me nothing just to filter me out from the people who believe that in the end there'll be a message, you're pretty much a pretentious piece of shit.

Artistic choice or not, there's still the matter of compensation to the viewer for choosing such a direction. Texhnolyze has nothing like that. It's slow and doesn't progress very quickly for one reason or another, and the only other thing you get from it to keep your attention is a guy struggling to manage his motor skills and grunting like he's perpetually being anally ravaged by a huge dong.

If you don't like it because its slow that's fine
But that slowness is a legitimate artistic choice so calling it pretentious is retarded

Most shows are made for a specific demographic in mind. Shounen, idols, fujoshit, cgdgt, etc
Then why is it always experimental shows that get called pretentious by people that they weren't made for? Its a very weak argument

Is it by chance the same with Dennou Coil? I cant get past the first 3 episodes

And the meaning is... just die

It might be n artistic choice, but 1)it doesn't mean it's a good choice, 2)it doesn't make "it's deep, you just don't get it, your brain's too cmall!" a legit argument

>Then why is it always experimental shows that get called pretentious by people that they weren't made for? Its a very weak argument

Because more often than not they actually are pretentious. They pretend to be deep and meaningful, and that they carry a valuable message within their story, while usually being as (if not more) shallow than your average shonen or cgdct, hiding it behind an excuse that they're experimental and you just didn't get it.

It's true that the first episodes(or even the first half) of the show are confusing and tiresome to watch, but the ending makes up for it by being absolute 10 out of 10. You will probably see the first tedious episodes in different light when you finish the show.
I think the show's mood and pacing reflects Ichise's mental state. He's becoming less and less autistic over the course of the story.

When you watch lain & texhnolyze all the other anime look like shit

I wish i haven't watched them

Why do you assume that was the author's intent though? Of all the reasons a pace could be slow, you just assume it's meant to be gratuitous filler time? An action-packed story an be as equally pointless as a story where "nothing happens."

You can attribute negativity to either: maybe you have nothing to say and fill that void with pointless action, or maybe you have nothing to say and fill that void with nothing at all and let the viewer infer meaning.

I'm no film buff but perhaps like me you've heard of Ozu before, a renowned Japanese filmmaker who is famous for his use of "pillow shots", a concept he borrowed from poetry:
youtube.com/watch?v=LhQwFxhiVQs

There is no deep or hidden meaning to any of those, and by themselves they're just shots of boring things: a street, a scenery, animals, people doing mundane things. The story would be perfectly fine if you cut all of those.
But that's not to say they're pointless, or pretentious.

It starts slow to build up atmosphere and background. I'd watch the first arc through and see if I was interested to continue after that.

Then you realize there is all another world in manga, a niche. Tons of product that will never be adapted and most of them won't ever leave japan

>1)it doesn't mean it's a good choice
It is a good choice for those who can handle its slowness
>2)it doesn't make "it's deep, you just don't get it, your brain's too cmall!" a legit argument
Indeed it doesn't
I'm assuming you're OP so you're not aware that the show changes and you assume its the same thing for 22 episodes

There are pretentious shows like Ergo proxy but Texhnolyze is simply not one of them
Itsa legitimately deep show with a lot of experimental storytelling and visuals and interesting messages

It's not intentionally boring at all. It is intentionally slowly paced and meticulous. The fact that you don't like Texhnolyze is not why people call you a brainlet. It's the way in which you form your opinions.

Stop samefagging in your own thread. You already got your asnwer

I didn't love it, but I appreciated that someone actually had the balls to be boring and try to express abstract meaning in a medium filled with generic action shounen, harem shows, and isekai.

It is an amazingly good choice. I love the deliberate pacing in Texhnolyze. Move the fuck on faggot. You have shit taste.

Ergo Proxy isn't pretentious either. If you want to name an actual pretentious title, there's plenty of chuunibyoushit at your disposal, like Kara no Kyoukai and other garbage like it.

>I think the show's mood and pacing reflects Ichise's mental state.
I'm picking up this show tonight

I loved Kara no Kyoukai as a mystery/action show
It never seemed to me it was trying to say anything really

See, the problem is the topics and happenings in this anime are no easily to resume, so yes, if you don’t like it and you are on a “depressed and I give a shit about everything” phase, is hard to even explain why is an interesting story or that the fist fights are in chapter 8 and so.
Prententious says more about the people watching an anime than about the anime itself.
Protip: when I was 19 I dropped it because I got
bored. Then I actually watched it when I was 27 and loved it. Not talking about age but is obvious you are not in the mood for transhumanism and despair. Wait some years, who knows.

If that's the take away you got from this show you didn't get it. Go back to digibro videos

And try reading Fire punch, if you haven’t.

>Not talking about age but is obvious you are not in the mood for transhumanism and despair.

Yeah, I might consider picking it back up another time because right now, it's completely not what I'm in a mood for.

It's probably going to sound super stupid and I'm going to get mocked by everybody in this thread till it hits the bump limit, but I actually picked it up because I got it recommended as a gritty action show about mafia, with some superhuman abilities thrown in to make things more interesting. That was the mindset I went into the show with. I expected it to be something along the lines of Blood+ - a story that tries its hardest to make itself look serious, but it's so dumb you can't take it seriously, so you just watch it for the action. The top review for the show on MAL only reinforced such mindset in me because it's stated this show was pretty much about cybernetically enhanced gangsters duking it out while speaking in bad mobster movie cliches. So I guess I picked a wrong show for that. I have another three to pick out from, so maybe they'll fit better.

Then dont watch and find something else. Are you a retard?

If the message was just die then why does it make you feel like shit at the end?
Life is about the journey not the destination

You fell for the meme OP. Just watch something else.

he said that.

Sounds like someone tried to trick you into watching a good show for once.
>review for the show on MAL
Why would ever look at that? You poor misguided bastard.

>Sounds like someone tried to trick you into watching a good show for once.

I made multiple threads on multiple sites and got it recommended in all of them. So looks like I just made my criteria appear in such a way that they actually somewhat fit Texhnolyze on a technical level and therefore made people recommend it. In practice, however, I don't see the connection in the slightest because what I was looking was something that was like HxH's Yorknew City arc.

As for whether this show is good or not, I'm gonna leave it in the ymmv category.

The creators deliberately made the first episodes painfully slow. They were not going for mass appeal. The director later directed Steins;Gate, that's where you can see mass appeal.

The first episodes are actually full of clues which you notice only when rewatching the series.

You've read some pretty bullshit reviews, user. Yes, there is a cyberpunk underground in Texhnolyze but it's far from mafia stuff and outlaw shenanigans. From my memories: the first several episodes are super slow and "artsy" in a bad way but then plot appears and it becomes more interesting with world building, characters interaction and stuff. But that's just me. I wouldn't give it anywhere near 10/10 but I enjoyed it even without depression and shit. Still listening to the OP song every now and then.

Going for the Blood + then I think you would enjoy Elfen lied and shit like that.
You could try reading Fire punch and Golden Kamuy, stories that are violent and fun, but they hardly try to be serious.

I AM YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL!!

Thanks for the insight, user. I'll keep that in mind and, as I stated in the post you responded to, I'll consider picking it back up when I'm in a mood for something like that. For now I guess I'll just watch something else to get my superpowered gangster shenanigans fix.

I watched Elfen Lied some years ago and I absolutely hated it. Probably the only good thing about was the godlike OP. I'll check out the other two. Thanks for this sudden and unexpected recommendation.

Digibro isn't that bad.

I'll be completely honest. I dropped the show because its not what I look for in anime at all. I don't fucking care about artistic experimentation. I watch shows for action comedy characters I can get attached to and cool world building. I don't want to see an artistic piece dedicated to nihilism since I hate nihilism. At the end of the day I just watch anime as a medium of entertainment.

the only redeeming fact about this show is the ger dub was voiced by the Stargate SG1 cast (just like Ghost in the shell)

The ultimate message is kinda the opposite of nihilism in my opinion, even though the show is dark and edgy overall. Why'd you pick up something like that in the first place though.

Looks like the plebfilter works lads.

Digibro leave

I fell asleep with Lain, is Tex any better or is it just as boring?

Please, this is a thread for discussing e-celebs.

If you make it through the first 4-5 episodes the story kinda picks up and starts throwing edgy shit at you, so it is "better" in a way.

What's so bad about his videos?
He doesn't make me cringe like other people who talk about anime on youtube. He just talks about and explains stuff without getting excited or autistic about it which is nice

Digibro is at his best when he talks about really bad anime and why they're bad. His Asterisk War Sucks series is one of his best. But he constantly over generalises things and his moeshit addiction is kinda annoying

Thanks, I might give it a go then. How edgy are we talking?

is Lain put you to sleep, Tex will put you in a coma

Incestuous buttsex

>I got it recommended as a gritty action show about mafia
Whoever recommended it to you for that is a moron.

I found Lain boring and Texhnolyze interesting.

That caught me off guard, but usually it's not more edgy than say a samurai show.

>as boring
Something like DB Super might be more fitting for a low iq monkey

once you watched a decent amount of anime, his content becomes unbearable

Genius-sama, enlighten me.

> I don't fucking care about artistic experimentation
Texhnolyze is not experimental. Where the fuck are you cretins getting your information from? Slow paced =/= experimental. Jesus.

He is an entry-level pleb who doesn't know what he's talking about.

You fell for the meme

if you hate nihilism you'll love the ending
it's a full "fuck you" to nihilism

I had to attempt to watch it three or four times before it stuck, now it's one my favorites. After my first time through I still had my gripes about the first seven episodes (almost verbatim what you just said OP) and now I adore them.

P.S There already is a plot.

The true pleb filter.

Now that's pretentious. And annoying.
>tells you the lore and important shit on high speed frames
>need to stop every time and break the immersion
If I wanted all that text and exposition I just read the novels. Anime is a medium audiovisual.
aesthetics are nice tho

I was only joking, but you really don't have to pause. Its just extracts from the LNs, you aren't expected to read them to understand the plot. Bake and Kizu are the only ones that actually use that extensively anyway.

I love slow dystopian or postapocalyptic shit, whether it's Texhnolyze or shows like Girl's Last Tour this season. I couldn't get through Aria, though.

>dedicated to nihilism

>Dennou Coil
I heard this show going fucking nuts by the end.

>I couldn't get through Aria
Same. I even fell asleep in some episodes.

You might wanna watch Casshern Sins and play Soul Sacrifice Delta and Hotaru no Nikki.

It's okay user, not everyone has a decent IQ

It drags its feet throughout. Makes 22 episodes feel like an eternity.

>PS Vita

This. I'll never understand how someone could find Texh or Girls' Last Tour boring. Both bound me to the edge of my seat. It's really interesting to watch how the characters interact with the world.

>the only two good games nobody cares about

Yeah, sad.