What does Sup Forums think of Gankutsuou

What does Sup Forums think of Gankutsuou

Just finished rewatching it for the first time since my first viewing and it's still pretty great. If there's one thing I don't like about it's the last episode in that you don't see the MC and blondie meet again.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_PHNXOveGHY
youtube.com/watch?v=qaG9Kkkdfx0
youtu.be/71VcDyftU9o?t=12m52s
youtube.com/watch?v=_oTUzL_UIpc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The art was good, but the story was inferior to that of the source material.

Trap ruins the show.

All torrents are [dual audio] which obviously makes it impossible to watch.
I feel this severely hampers the discussions of the show.

Not like he's in the show much. Still want to fuck him tho

The one I have isn't.

A masterpiece

How the fuck does dual audio make it impossible to watch?

Any Monte Cristo adaptation is going to be inferior to the original.
But Gankutsuou honestly did pretty well, considering. I find it better than the 2002 film.

Masterpiece desu.

When I watched it the first time Franz's death didn't really affect me but the second time it hit really hard. He didn't deserve such fate.

This.
After reading the novel I watched some adaptations and gankutsuou was easily the best one.

Well I dont watch anime in english and the subtitle tracks never work on those by default and require manual changing for EACH episode.

Baptistin is best boy. No, best man.

It's great, visually and storywise. Japan can make great adaptations of European fiction when they try.

>require manual changing for EACH episode
Don't tell me you're underage.

you can set the default audio and subtitle language to whatever you want in your video player retard

>track 1: eng [signs]
>track 2: eng
Gee thanks.

It's one of the better adaptations of the novel. Which is honestly a weird thought.

He was in the book.

He had to die because Albert was too retarded to understand that the Count used him as a pawn.

I dislike the revenge is bad moral of the anime because I felt that the Count was justified in his schemes. Morcerf deserved everything that happened to him, so did the Danglars. It's just hard to sympathize with many of the Count's targets because they're unlikable.

>the Count was justified in his schemes
It's not cool to execute your revenge by seducing the innocent son of your target.

The targets all built their wealth illegally, or thru nasty means and then set up a system that benefit them. The only way the Count could get close was to manipulate someone within the system to get him access to the people who wronged him.

The whole message of the book was to point out how the judicial system is flawed in the sense that even if Dantes was somehow able to prove himself before the court, even in the best case the punished laid on Morcerf and the rest would be nothing and only last a moment (death) compared to the suffering they inflicted on him by completely destroying his life, his family and good name.
Changing it to "devil made him do it, revenge is bad, m'kay?" is indefendable desu.

The Count is cucking my dad!

That doesn't make it right. The whole point of the story is that his desire for revenge was greater than his love for his girl and in pursuing it he ceased being the man she loved and lost.

Actually in the book he comes out pretty okay really. Got his revenge and fucks off to bang Haydee

And now he's going to cuck me!

Wow, really a lot of work, huh...

I can't read. Is it worth listening to an audiobook of the novel?

>I dislike the revenge is bad moral of the anime because I felt that the Count was justified in his schemes. Morcerf deserved everything that happened to him, so did the Danglars. It's just hard to sympathize with many of the Count's targets because they're unlikable.
Did you even read the novel? The Count spares Danglars at the end because REVENGE IS BAD ME AM PLAY GOD and runs off with Haydee.

I honestly don't remember, was Noirtier in Gankutsuou in any capacity? One of the great moments in the book is when he reveals to Franz that he killed his father.

>The whole point of the story is that his desire for revenge was greater than his love for his girl
I don't know about this. One of the other great parts of the book is when Edmond almost instantly capitulates to Mercedes when she begs him not to kill Albert, despite his decades of resolve.

youtube.com/watch?v=_PHNXOveGHY

my favorite scene

Lav Splitters can have subtitle selection even if both are tagged the same.
This is an example of Japanese audio and two English subtitles tracks (tagged improperly).
jpn:eng|!d;jpn:eng
Japanese audio gets selected and the first English subtitle track is discarded and the second English subtitle track is used instead.

PotPlayer is even better in this regard as it can save the user selected audio track and subtitle track, combined with the ability to open all similar files or all files in the folder and create a automatic playlist. you don't have to do any work beside the initial set up.

Great show, and also had the best trailer for any anime ever:
youtube.com/watch?v=qaG9Kkkdfx0

Villefort's father right? Yeah, he's there
He was an really old and could barely move, but left clues on the Count's identity iirc

>Did you not watch the anime?
>Did you not watch the 2002 film?
>Did you not read the source material, "The count of Monte Cristo" by Alexandre Dumas?
The Count of Monte Cristo is probably one of the best novels that is entirely about revenge. I fucking love it.

WHAT IS THIS MUSIC?! I can't find it on the soundtrack.

Jesus Christ that trailer is amazing.
Seconding, but it might not even matter since it seems like the whole song is in the trailer.

dropped at ep 4, seems like there will be ntr with the milf

Here you go folks, it's Tchaikovsky's Manfred Symphony
youtu.be/71VcDyftU9o?t=12m52s

You are a gentleman and a scholar, I'm now kicking myself for not even thinking of Tchaikovsky, but I wasn't sure if it was an original composition for the show or not.

>tfw you will never name your daughter MERCEDES

youtube.com/watch?v=_oTUzL_UIpc

Hot damn, i forgot how good the ost was.
I should rewatch the show.

Thought it was pretty good until the ending. Wouldn't be one of my favorites but it's definitely a decent series.

Goes without saying that it's better than anything that has aired in the last 3 years. It's not just nostalgia, anime really and truly has gone to shit recently. Something like Gankutsuou quite simply could not be made in the current anime industry. No one wants to take risks of any kind, we can only look forward to isekai bullshit, imouto hijinx comedies and naruto ripoffs for the foreseeable future.