Do you prefer anime or manga?

Do you prefer anime or manga?

People want a manga board because there aren't enough manga threads on Sup Forums.
But the reason there aren't enough manga threads on Sup Forums is because the people who read manga would rather make threads about how they want a manga board.

Manga gets everything good, all the best anime are adaptations of manga and manga has many more great stuff with sadly no anime adaptations yet, even all the best light novels that got anime adaptations also have many adaptations anyway. Manga all the way.

I haven't watched an anime in about 2 years.
Manga is the superior form of entertainment.

>But the reason there aren't enough manga threads on Sup Forums is because the people who read manga would rather make threads about how they want a manga board.
Nah, people want a manga board so that they can discuss manga without people who have only watched anime adaptations, which more often than not either aren't as far ahead as the manga or simply aren't as good (if not both of those things), don't butt into and derail discussions. For better or worse. A few anime series constantly get multiple concurrent threads for no actual reason too which doesn't help.

In general threads for series are a lot nicer when there isn't an anime involved though, for some reason. The state of JoJo threads pre-David Pro anime and post-David Pro anime is probably the biggest example of that.

Both

/m/ should be remade into a manga board.
There's no reason to have an entire board dedicated to mecha.

Look at this plebian right here. It's okay kid, you still have time to grow.

I marathon manga a lot more often than anime. I think it's because in part you can partake of the story at your own pace instead of an anime director's.

Manga. Anime voice acting mostly annoys me and manga is capable of creating much more compelling visuals.

>Bringing mecha-friends out of their containment board.

There is a reason why there is an /m/.

I've never been there but I can't imagine there being more than 10 serious users. Its such a stupidly niche topic.

stop making this thread you stupid manhuafag

Nah, even disregarding the tokusatsu guys there are plenty of autists there. Most of them just circulejerk about Gundam all day but even so.

I prefer manga. Not because either is an inherently better medium or anything, I just find it more convenient to be able to read a chapter or two than to have to lock myself in for 22 minutes at a time.
I also just generally prefer reading over watching.

Anime, actually I almost don't read manga at all

/ma/nga

I'd want a manga board because weebs inevitably shit up threads once it gets an anime adaptation.

I definitely read manga more than I watch anime now, though I started on anime and do enjoy a good adaption but after continuous disappointments I tend to stick to manga

I have no preference, they both have pros and cons. I think the system as it is now is pretty good. Manga just does what it does and the popular ones usually get anime for people to watch for the unique benefits it brings.

Manga, not sure why. Only recent anime I've found engaging was Thunderbolt Fantasy which wasn't even really an anime at all.

An issue with manga less common with anime is the risk of scanlation efforts ending prematurely though.

Manga is superior because it is the result of the vision of 1-2 creators.

Once I "finish" learning Japanese the answer will most likely be manga.

>scanlation stops because rights got bought
>official translation is never made

RIP Grand Blue

Manga.
Because I cringe at 50 percent of anime.

I like Manga better than Anime but whatever reason i always end up watching anime. I hate LN and novels though.

that is chinese pictograms and not manga

How long have you been learning?

Started this January, currently hovering at about low N3.

No, it will be VNs

Overall yeah, I'm sure it will be. Especially since 中2 shit happens to be my favorite and at least from what I've seen, VNs look like their stuff is better

Look at anime like Black Clover, Rosario x Vampire, and One Piece and guess

I don't understand.

>the absolute state of neo/a/

4koma manga > anime originals > autistic manga with unique or detailed artstyle > manga adaptations > manga >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LN adaptations > shit > LN > VN >>>>>> VN adaptations >>> game adaptations
This is my general opinion.

Manga board would help weed out he 12 year old newfags from shitposting in general-like settings.
Take /DBS/ for an example, anime general threads is filled with constant shitposting and characterfagging, whereas whenever a manga thread is created it's peaceful, comfy and actually filled with on topic discussion and conversations.

I used to prefer anime but I ran out of good anime to much.
So now I read manga.

>to much.
to watch* fuck I'm tired

>4koma manga

>entire board flooded with gundam thread after gundam thread
no

Are there really that many gundam fags?

have you been to /m/? its like the core of all mecha otaku

Manga, mostly. But that's because I've felt like anime has become pretty stagnant. Few series that start well end well.

>MC stares down at villain
>Villain stares MC down
>Villain says some edgy shit like "you can't defeat me, I still haven't showed you all my power"
>"Good cause I was going easy on you too"
>They keep staring at each other for another 30 seconds
ffs get on with the fucking plot

I prefer manga since I'm impatient as fuck.
I only watch anime that's worth my time, I kinda grew to hate anime in general since most episodes are just there to waste my time.
For most artists every page counts, they make sure that every page has everything necessary for that weeks/month chapter.