What are some of the best shootout scenes in anime?

What are some of the best shootout scenes in anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-6wjVD-OGEA
youtube.com/watch?v=8lYj0sGtXug
youtube.com/watch?v=An-3ahFg_4E
youtube.com/watch?v=tVi_fs2oz3E
youtube.com/watch?v=NR87bCZ0zCU
www3.gogoanime.tv/ghost-in-the-shell-stand-alone-complex-dub-episode-25
youtube.com/watch?v=0J8xuLRB_u8
youtube.com/watch?v=khchqRIPN4U&t=151
youtube.com/watch?v=w0ug3KOqeCs
youtube.com/watch?v=cNuL8cVxXMA#t=18.334794
youtube.com/watch?v=9JL3DlZmHIs
youtube.com/watch?v=KJhpxYc_Uds
youtube.com/watch?v=BTqud_s6FSs
youtube.com/watch?v=yqWpeaYsOVE
youtube.com/watch?v=a8iWPKlnaRo#t=179.334271
youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
youtu.be/Qcn4ndi4Gcw?t=165
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=-6wjVD-OGEA

black lagoon church scene

lots from Mad Bull 34

Did mad bull 34 have an Anime?

>Gets shot in the shoulder by Ak47
>Arm is still attached and fully functional

pure garbage.

Yeah, a three part OVA.

Cowboy Bebop wins this one, a bunch of episodes. Directed like something straight out of an 80s John Woo movie.

The girls are little terminatorettes, user.

Regular 7.62x39 ammo can be quite ineffective if it doesn't hit bone.

Sure it is user, I believe you.

FMJ 7.62x39 is often too stable for its own good when directly hitting only flesh, sometimes leaving narrow "ice pick" wounds all the way through, similar to what's expected of handguns.

that one staircase scene from noir

Nice oldie style animation gore, where's it from?

>7,62s rip off limbs
I want this meme to die.
7,62s fly through the target, leaving them mostly functional, unlike NATO rounds, which fragment and fuck up the target so hard, it’s most likely disabled.

>what this thread became

and all of it is moot too because it was originally about a cyborg soldier

Is this the first season or second?

Everything in stand alone complex seasons 1 and 2.

>we'll never get convincing cyberpunk military drama anime again

Feels bad.

>In 2007, Navy SEAL Mike Day walked into a room in Fallujah and was immediately met by four Al-Qaeda militants who opened fire on him.

>Day’s rifle was shot out of his hands. He was hit 27 times in total. Fortunately, his body armor successfully stopped 11 rounds, but 16 rounds penetrated his body in various places.

>“Anywhere you can put your finger on me, I was shot, except for my head,” Day said on Fox and Friends. “And here I am today, to tell the story.”

>Fortunately, Day was able to draw his pistol and return fire. He managed to kill two of his attackers and get himself out of harm’s way.

Yeah, sucks

Could be Genocyber

Gunslinger Girl is probably the best quality shooting anime, but Black Lagoon, Cowboy Bebop and even Jormungand deserve honorable mentions. In the 80s and 90s there were a lot of good animation with shooting but I know little about those, at that time I was more of a fantasy guy.

Most of them suck OP

How the fuck did he draw his gun and aim properly after all that? I get that adrenaline makes you stronger and react more accurately but that just seems inhuman

youtube.com/watch?v=8lYj0sGtXug
youtube.com/watch?v=An-3ahFg_4E

Reading about military dudes is the fastest way to piss off realism experts. You just gotta check they're not propaganda or exaggerated. That Finnish White Death guy becomes very believable after reading other shit, you start to think maybe his kill count wasn't fudged at all.
I still remember some user posted about some guy in WW2 disabling a machine gun nest with a motorbike, and that guy who went into battle with a Scottish sword.
Another weird fact to learn was that the general atmosphere with post-war guys was they were bored with civilian life and wanted to go back. That messed up my worldview for a while. You get the "war is hell" "you have no idea what I've seen" treatment in movies and stuff, but the average guy is more akin to "it was pretty fun, I got shot a couple of times, had a native waifu for a while, the meals suck tho."

It would be cool if more media/anime captured this vibe, without entering that actually-edgy territory, to show how killing people really can become "just a job" to a remarkably high number of men, with combat stress and trauma being the minority, not the mean.

It's the first ep of the first season

Isn't that just generation kill

>219 confirmed sniper kills
>With a Mosin–Nagant and iron sights
>Got shot once, killed the guy who shot him, and the day he woke up from his coma the war ended
Who is the Simo Hayha of anime?

youtube.com/watch?v=tVi_fs2oz3E

Sure as fuck isn't this circus act

This guy was actually insane, I wonder if there are any movies about him, I know there is a documentary but it definitely deserves a movie.

>be a farmer
>country is in war you are forced to enlist
>kill 219 motherfuckers just being smart and cold blooded as fuck

He is probably one of the greatest modern war heroes, nigga would camp the same spot for days in the winter cold without moving just to fuck someone up, cleared whole patrols by himself.

>Another weird fact to learn was that the general atmosphere with post-war guys was they were bored with civilian life and wanted to go back.
Yup, the exact reason why I love this madman.

>bored with civilian life and wanted to go back.

Being a warrior during peacetime is torture, user. It's one of the reasons PTSD is so bad.

Thanks. These over the top bullet-flesh explosion are rare these days, it's an outdated aesthetic. I think that they make shootouts feel less tight though

No wonder so many people try to get in PMC or join the FFL

Gunsmith Cats.

Complete with razor teeth for the bad guys so you can take it much more seriously

>moot
Who?

he used iron sights because of the reflection.
he killed a lot of people with a machine gun too.
You know he was real because the enemy has records of him.

the most impressive thing was there was really only 4 hours of daylight during most of his war.

youtube.com/watch?v=NR87bCZ0zCU

I think it's the name of some guy that ended up being a major faggot

In Antietam one guy literally charged a dug in position on his horse, he caught them by surprise and like 100 people surrendered.

www3.gogoanime.tv/ghost-in-the-shell-stand-alone-complex-dub-episode-25

One of my favorites is Batou's shootout in Kusanagi's safehouse. Go to 10:35 or so. Aside from the complex and amazing plots, I love how accurately guns are portrayed in SAC. I love when Togusa wastes that cyborg in the vocational rehab center and the court scene in 2nd Gig that would give Massad Ayoob a boner.

>Being a warrior
Cringey

my dude... lemme introduce to you a site called youtube
youtube.com/watch?v=0J8xuLRB_u8

Lol, fuck me. I didn't think someone would have uploaded that specific scene so I didn't bother checking.

That shield is unrealistic according to /tg/.
No shield can win against bullets according to burgers.

Every death scene in IBO. Except by best I mean horrible trash.

Did you just finish watching it and want to shit on it or something? Why even bring it up if you dont think it has good shootouts?

I watched it when it aired, and bad shows are always shit on, regardless of age.

So make an IBO thread?

>Make an entire thread for the one off joke you wanted to make about this topic instead of posting it here
Alternatively, you could just not be a faggot.

I'm on Sup Forums, thats literally impossible.

Sup Forums is one of the least gay boards on Sup Forums. That speaks to the quality of this website.

Why isn't GG more popular on Sup Forums?

Because there's no love conflict for people to make four threads a day to discuss it.

Too old for most on here to remember. Still one of my favorites though

this scene from Jin Roh

youtube.com/watch?v=khchqRIPN4U&t=151

>no gantz posted

Man, P90s are so cool.

>that out of place electronic music

Pretty great scene of an already great movie though.

I love how she just delivers the coup de grace to the assassin with a shit-eating grin on her face.

Looks a lot like she got grazed by the shot rather than actually hit.

>Torino plant arc animation never ever

WHY

30s in and I hate it. I guess more effects means better, right user?

The Kriss Vector is cooler.

>the maradona t-shirt
pretty cool

this

Eh, neither studio really did the manga justice so I'm fine with that.
But that arc is definitely was of the biggest emotional rollercoasters I've ever read.
I lost it when Henrietta decides that she can't go on without Jose.

>Sup Forums is one of the least gay boards on Sup Forums

Spent 5 minutes on Sup Forums or /gif/ then get back to me. We're not /out/ levels of straight men, but save the SEA monkey twinks here, the board is fairly straight.

youtube.com/watch?v=w0ug3KOqeCs

>7.62x39 leaves a target functional
Not quite true
7.62x39 FMJ just goes straight through everything and makes a small wound channel if it misses bones. If it hits a bone, that bone is going to fragment everywhere and make the wound channel much larger. Shooting someone in the shoulder, ribs, arm, legs, hand, or head with this is definitly going to take someone out due to fragmentation of the bones. Now its an entirly different story if something like 7.62x39 8m3 hollow points are in use. Those fuckers give the 8m3 effect that just fucks shit up and makes a large wound channel and would easily take someone out without hitting the bone.

gits its full of great scenes
its really the best anime ever made
youtube.com/watch?v=cNuL8cVxXMA#t=18.334794
youtube.com/watch?v=9JL3DlZmHIs
youtube.com/watch?v=KJhpxYc_Uds
youtube.com/watch?v=BTqud_s6FSs
youtube.com/watch?v=yqWpeaYsOVE
youtube.com/watch?v=a8iWPKlnaRo#t=179.334271

>that guy who went into battle with a Scottish sword.
You probably thinking about Jack "Mad" Churchill. The man literally landing on D-day with a Claymore(long sword) and a long bow. If you do a quick search on him you will see he even more Crazy than you can imagine.

>Claymore(long sword)
Nah, he's using the later claymore, which is a basket hilted broadsword. Also got the only confirmed kill with a longbow in the war.

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

shut up nigger

Not him, but that bitch really needs to fuck off.

Now that's some serious fucking badassery right there.

could you imagine being the dude who fucking died from the longbow
I would be pissed

Relationship between Henrietta and Jose was bound to fail.Jose was a pretender(albeit good one) and Henrietta was too dependent on his love.

Why do you think the trail of tears happened?

He wasn't just a farmer; he had already done his mandatory military service and was in the Civil Guard, the Finnish reserve forces. Hayha was also a competitive marksman and supplemented his income with hunting before the war; he knew a lot about stalking and shooting.

She's a cyborg.

I know it's a competition and not a photo from combat, but I'd never hide on top of the roof like that.

Yeah, for the most part, you knew that they were all going to die, its just the manner that got me. Don't know if it's edgy, but I thought the way that they chose to go out was super touching.

youtu.be/Qcn4ndi4Gcw?t=165

Madoka looks dumber than I remember.