Shokugeki no Soma

Can it continue if the rebels win and take over the elite 10? What would be the point?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P19zZzpbCGQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Maybe it shifts to them trying to open their own restaurants after?

>cutting the belly.

WHY.

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the story? It's supposed to be about a cooking school.

The main plot of the story is for Soma to graduate from the academy his dad sent him to prove his father he could surpass him if could survive at the academy and to make Erina admit his food is delicious. Surpassing/ defeating the elite 10 was never the story's end game goal, moreso it's just another milestone for Soma's overall goal.

>D-d-d-doppio?!

So you think the rebels will take over the elite 10? How can they possibly defeat Eishi?

He got tired after 1 fucking match. He's done for.

Either Isshiki or Takumi will go against him and put a 2 - 1. He will get traumatized and lose the next one, also mub fatigue.

Screencap this.

If they defeat an elite member it doesn't necessarily mean they're better than them so the rebels won't actually surpass them yet just to put that line out there. It all depends on theme not to mention the rebels will be working together to fix up their dish to be as adequate it can be whereas Eishi is cooking alone and is an perfectionist so he'll spend most of his energy fixing up his dish which would be tiring for him.

But where does the story go once Soma and the others become elite 10?

We'll all just have to see what the author has in store for us.

The story is about Soma surpassing his dad and finding the girl he wants to cook for. The dad didn't graduate, didn't win that competition thing, and wasn't the top seat.

So there's a lot of things that can happen that will prolong the story. Like Soma landing the 8th spot and having to work his way up through tournaments and Shokugekis. Or maybe having to compete in the tournament the Dad quit.

At the same time, yeah. This can be end game. He gets first or second seat and fights Erina and so on. Time-skip with them fucking or some shit with kids. The end.

Anything can happen.

It's weird that hey could wrap this all at 300 chapters, but this is easily a 500 chapter manga.

They'll introduced the world elite 10 or something. They'll have to compete with students from schools all across the world.

Maybe Soma vs. Eishi comes to a draw and Joichiro and Nakamura fight for the tie breaker.

That sounds fucking cliche and retarded

I want Takumi to step on me and dominate me. As bros.

So it's very likely to happen?

Blue. Also Erina vs Souma for Elite #1.

Is it going to continue? I always thought it was going to end after this arc because the real reason Soma was thrown into the academy in the first place was to solve this crisis.

>Gets traumatized because he didn't get a perfect win and gets fatigued
Holy shit I believe this

Get in the fucking line, is big enough already.

Holy shit, this stupid shit with Erina's chunnidad is still going on? We lost World Trigger for this?! This is getting as long in the tooth as Reborn's future arc.

What does World Trigger's author getting kill have to do with Shokugeki.

>World Trigger's author getting kill
wait what

I think we'll get a timeskip straight to the third year after this. The Elite 10 is basically Tootsuki's final bosses, what's a shitty test going to be for them after this? We'll go straight to the third year with a tournament to decide who's going to BLUE (since we haven't gotten a serious Soma vs Takumi, Megumi and Erina match, maybe with the spots on the line so we get a surprise order and Soma ends up #1), go into BLUE and then Soma vs Saiba at the diner.

Who would win? I'm hoping Erina does and that impresses him enough to want to cook for her until she says it's delicious.

Was it rape?

I thought he just got Fat or something

I think the only plot lines to resolve are Souma beating his dad, Souma vs Takumi, Erina admitting his food is good and the inevitable match between them. So yeah, I can see a time skip after this.
And Souma's mother I guess, that can appear in the middle of one of those.

Do we know if this is supposed to be a long running manga?

It already is.

We just know that Tsukuda doesn't even know what he wants to do or where does he wants to end it.

>230+ chapters
>Doesn't know if this is a long running series

It is but I don't think it'll reach 700 chapters. I love this thing more than I should but I don't see this running for 10 years.

I mean will it be drawn out until they graduate or will they time skip or just stop without a real ending.

We know Tsukuda planned on writing up to Azami and somewhat ending the series there after the drama ends and Soma graduates to his second year then an epilogue of Soma married or some shit.

this chapter was just an asspull and a half man
>literally just being mimisaka lite

You're right user. Everything is an asspull.

This chapter was the best we had in a while, you are just a faggot.

I wish the actual asspulls were as fun and great as this "asspull" then.

I want to feed Ann

t. Eizan.

butthurt artichokenigger

That's what this manga is, though. Over the top cooking bullshit. What were you expecting?

>he didn't like psycho Takumi.
>he didn't like the keikakus.
>neither Eizan shitting his pants.

Wew. I have never seen such a biggest faggot

At this point, isn't Central bullshit half of the manga?

Will just be some mediocre resolution to draw out the struggle. Even if it wasn’t and this is over probably something generic like first ever competition with a school from America or something as the new arc.

what did you expect to happen after an entire chapter of
>oh no artichokes! is that allowed?!
>takumi is screwed whatever will he do?!
>the battle is already lost!

almost

BLUE was literally already shown.

I thought it was already more than half.

IIRC the new season of the anime starts at 116, and Central starts like ten chapters afterwards

Yeah I think central starts right after the last day of the festival.

>food wars
>supposed to be about a cooking school
The school could easily just be a saga in the story, author could probably just have soma open the diner again once he graduates and show him rise to a 5 star restaurant competing with his old classmates again

School show is a narratively thin way to view the series

Azami shows up at the end of chapter 131, Senzaemon gets kicked out in chapter 134, Central becomes a thing in chapter 139.

Chuuni Takumi a cute.

I think Erina and Isshiki should be the ones to beat Tsukasa. Soma already said that the plan is to fuck up Central and then pass it off to those two, so it wouldn't really make sense to leave Soma and anyone else waiting when they could be used to exhaust Tsukasa and Rindou more before facing Erina and Isshiki. That said, it'll most likely end with Soma/Erina vs. Tsukasa/Rindou.

Souma is going to beat fucking Momo and then either Rindou or Tsukasa. And that will end up making him defeat 4 out of 8 members of the team, but don't forget he is the underdog!

I can see Soma or Ishikki being the ones to exhaust Tsukasa and lose 2-1 to him making him start doubting himself.

I also keep thinking that they're setting up Rindou to be the actual final boss, we've seen Tsukasa's dishes, other than using things not many people have tasted we haven't actually seen how she cooks and the trope of the lazy genius is a cliche for a reason.

Except they are at the TOP school where people from all over the world go to. Who gives a shit about the 2nd best school?

Guys did you literally skip Saiba's flashback?. BLUE is basically Chekov's tournament.

>Chekov's tournament
What the fuck is that?

The idea of Soma actually winning at BLUE seems ridiculous. I think it said the competitors were up to 35 years old. That means Soma could be competing and winning against people close to Shinomiya, if not Shinomiya himself. Then again, as pointed out if he beats 4/10 elites including the first or second seat it'd be the only challenge left for him short of his dad.

not smug enough

>Isshiki and Megishima only victory is against literally whos.
>Takumi beats meme Eizan.
>Souma beats Nene, Saito, Momo and Tsukasa.

Sounds like something Tsukuda would write, alright. Guess Erina is lucky she will get the second seat at least.

That's literally the point of it. Takumi suffered his most embarrassing defeat because of Mimisaka and Eizan by proxy, now he wants to return the favor by doing somewhat the same thing. There are plenty of asspulls to choose from, this is not one of them.

aren't the judges always unanimous in their decision since they have supposed flawless judgement? if its 2-1 then one of them is wrong.

Chekov's Gun is a literary device that says that if the author mentions that there's a gun hanged on the wall it will be used by the end of the story, otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned it. Mentioning that Saiba was going to participate in BLUE in his third year but ended up leaving the school instead in a story about Soma surpassing Saiba basically dictates that Soma will end up going.

Soma is a prodigy and the protagonist, though, and this entire story is about Soma surpassing his dad. It basically has to happen.

The series was plenty good before they introduced central. I'd be happy if this were just the year 2 arc, moving on to some other source of conflict for year 3.
I honestly liked it better when the challenge was to be good at cooking for its own sake, rather than trying to win back the school / ideological conflict.

They didn't say they were flawless judges, they said they are unbiased judges. Even if they are all as unbiased as they can be personal preference matters and one judge might feel like X thing is better than Y because taste is not objective.

What went right?

>Soma is a prodigy and the protagonist, though, and this entire story is about Soma surpassing his dad. It basically has to happen.
Pretty much this. This series was never meant to be about Soma aiming to be the greatest chef similarly to how other shonen series has goals to become Hokage, Greatest Hero, Pirate king, Wizard King, etc, Soma's goal is just to blatantly surpass his dad then use his culinary knowledge to make all sorts of food at Yukihira's Diner but before all that he must face against strong contenders to expand his skills/ knowledge before he could even face against his dad who's mostly likely the final boss.

All according to keikaku.

Rereading it, the thing that bothers me most about Central is that they never seem to give much reason as to why the Elite Ten decided to go along with Azami's plan in the first place. You can make guesses with some of the members, but I'm hoping the anime goes into actual detail here.

I d-didn't know Takumi was the lewd talker type.

Tsukuda stated he was going to explain their reasoning later down the series. But as of now during the Rdc we are learning about each elites back story or whatever regarding them during their matches.

The one thing they seem to have in common is how rigid they are. Nene lost because she didn't even think of slightly changing the recipe because that's how it "has to be" along with her backstory, Tsukuda at the Festival and with Soma was all about everything having to be exactly as he wants it to, Soma messing with Eizan's business made him go nuts and look for revenge endlessly, Saito goes without saying with his samurai shit, Julio going nuts on Ishikki over his life choices and Momo being stubborn and asocial along with making up cute nicknames for everyone she sees as a lesser being. I wouldn't be surprised if this is all about their egos and Azami basically selling the thing as everyone just having to do things the way they do them.

The one missing link is Rindou since she seems to be as free-spirited as Ishikki or Kuga though, I'm sure it'll be explained when she fights again, though.

Rindou went along with Azami just for the thrill. I doubt she had any motive except to have fun.

I'm pretty sure it's about the characters and how they develop throughout the story, also there's plenty of competitions that will open once they become the E10, that's not the end of the line, is just the beginning of a new world, remember the whole Saiba backstory? Souma will see the end of that sandstorm, of course, the only big issue the author will have to face is how to aboard this situations without making the manga too heavy, if the author can handle that then we'll still have Shokugeki for a very long time.

I'm pretty sure Tootsuki is just the best of Japan and pretty sure other schools that will raise to dethrone them, we interregional and international matches now.

I like this plan the best. Erina hasn't competed yet and we haven't seen her "true abilities" after she realized that her true passion for cooking is to have fun/make creative dishes like Souma and Saiba. Also just like the older generation, Ishiki and Souma aren't meant to be Elite 1 since they're both lazy fucks who don't want to deal with paperwork and the chores that come with the title. Meanwhile Erina's resolve is to carry that responsibility, even if she's not the true best chef.

That would actually be pretty cool. We've got a few international characters, but it's still rooted in Japan / Japanese food. Doing some exploration in other cuisines would have potential

Soma does want to be number 1, though, and I'm sure that while turning Tootsuki back to normal is a priority they'll take a couple of liberties regarding the Elite 10's responsabilities.

I do think that if we get a timeskip Erina will be #1 though, doesn't mean she'll keep that seat by the time the series ends though.

Soma doesn't have to win BLUE to surpass his dad. Just actually competing and doing well in it is enough. The dad didn't even have the balls to take on the pressure.

the school is definitely the best in japan not the world
the elite 10 members aren't fighting as a team while the rebels do here and there, they aren't truly winning, there is still fights to be had 1vs1

One thing people don't get about this show is that beating someone one day doesn't mean you'll eternally be better than them. Alice and Kiba's backstory drills out this point in particular, it's continued competition which forces people to continue to improve and adapt which is ultimately what they're all looking for.

This applies to real life as well too, one thing I really enjoy about this manga is that Tsukuda understand the competitive mindset and th mentality that different people have at tournaments really well in ways that don't only apply to cooking but that anyone that has ever competed in something can relate to.

They already introduced how to go forward with that whole BLUE thing his dad quit.

I just hope they have a plan for when this arc finishes. Everyone getting expelled from the Academy has probably ruined its reputation among new students and it will have an absolutely tiny incoming class. Even if the rebels win the Academy is screwed in both attendance and funding.

>One thing people don't get about this show is that beating someone one day doesn't mean you'll eternally be better than them. Alice and Kiba's backstory drills out this point in particular, it's continued competition which forces people to continue to improve and adapt which is ultimately what they're all looking for.
Too bad most people are retarded in believing winning against someone better than you means you're better than them and that loser is now some jobber, the author's writing is shit or Muh Plot armor. Like you said about Alice and Ryo continuous competitive days. Ryo and Alice both win and lose against each other all the time but it doesn't mean either is straight up better than the other. There are no power levels in the series. This is about cooking not physical fighting so when it comes to the cooking, how you "fight" all depends on how adept you are cooking this certain dish, technique or skills and to win is if the judges prefer your taste in that dish than the other so being older or having much experience doesn't factor in your win. Those just imply your culinary knowledge is vast meaning you're well adept in varieties of cooking techniques or recipes than others which could give you that edge in cooking a certain dish your opponent may not know.

Nigga the academy is incredibly wealthy. They even have their own train system. But yea iirc I think a lot of teachers were fired or quit but I highly doubt the schools reputation is tarnished in any way. The academy is already known to be strict and a low probability of graduating and very high chance of dropping out

Holy shit the full song of Season 3 is already out and it's FIRE!
youtube.com/watch?v=P19zZzpbCGQ

Here is the colored version.

I miss the weekly official colored chapters

There has been so many great panels since chapter 194 and I so miss the colored pages. The RdC itself has too many color worthy panels.

mimisaka rubbed off on him

>mimisaka rubbed him back and fourth
Fifty

L-Lewd

>2017
>no taki mindbreak doujins or doujins in general