youtube.com/watch?v=svBbL5eoGfw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osamu_Tezuka's_Star_System
youtube.com/watch?v=GpxrsEAIMT4
youtube.com/watch?v=XTkc3e1741w
youtube.com/watch?v=2s8lcJfGPMU
youtube.com/watch?v=LDgWqoAhUkw
youtu.be/QOv5ZAbXQ1g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good, but you just brought back flashbacks talking with south american manchildren

Kurumada is Kubo's sensei, he can't draw for shit (Kubo at least can) and that's amazing.
Even after years doing the same job and he can't write or draw properly.
I love Saint Seiya because it's so bad it's good.
It has greek mythology and other mythologies.
The golden saints are based on the zodiac signs and every person in the world has a zodiac sign.
It's a gorefest and even though it can be seen as edgy, we don't have that much blood for a jump anime anymore.
It has the basic shounen tropes, power of friendship and everything else.
But the greatest thing about it is the toys.
In a market filled with common and average action figures, the saints came in a deluxe box, the figures had a lot of points of articulation, the cloths were made of metal and you could assemble it on your figure or on the object.
The anime ended in 1989 in Japan and Kurumada earns money from action figures and merch in 2017.
2018 will have a new animation produced by Netflix.
This franchise is immortal.

Forgot pic.

And this guy is right.
We are mostly spics that watched it when we were kids in the 90's.

Kurumada is slightly behind Togashi in terms of being the worst shounen battle manga creator to achieve so much success

Literally nobody on Sup Forums watched this antiquity with the exception of spics and frenchies

>Kurumada is Kubo's sensei,

So THAT's why the "Kurosaki-kun" scene exists, Kubo learned from the master of "job like a bitch for 5 chapters then one shot the villain anyway because ayy lmao"

Do brs count as spics. Cause brs watched it.

Full of asspull survivals but the hotblooded brotherhood of the characters turns those asspulls into something endearing instead of annoying

it's basically sailor moon but for homos

And Italy and more euro countries.

Shit the OP was great, at least on my country

It basically invented the "rescue arc"

I watched it, just only a few years ago.

>Kurumada is Kubo's sensei, he can't draw for shit (Kubo at least can) and that's amazing.
Kubo wish he could be worthy to suck Kurumada's cock

And the chinks fucking love Saint Seiya.
Pretty much everyone love Saint Seiya except the murricans. Getting late to the anime craze, the ultraviolence and the infamous dub killed any chance it had on burgerland.

youtube.com/watch?v=svBbL5eoGfw

You can notice how he improved through the years trying to mimic Araki's art, overall his artsyle it's pretty mediocre, reusing always the same angles, he often draws wonky poses and his characters look exactly the same in all his works, backgrounds are good though.

Seiya vs Shiryu was good
Shiryu vs. Algol was good
12 Zodiac Temples arc was good
Everything else was shit

>Oda is slightly behind Togashi in terms of being the worst shounen battle manga creator to achieve so much success

FTFY

Oh yeah, the chinks. What about the rest of Asia?

the anime is kinda nice to watch and has great music

the original manga... well, the art is a complete disaster but you get used to it. The story get some weird moments like "saint cards" or the brothers things subplot that goes nowhere. Still, readable.

Spin-off, canon/non-canon prequels, sequels and god know what else are just milking the franchise non-stop but you can try some if you want more.

It's not because of him.
He can't draw.
It gets a little better through Hades, but it's bad again in Next Dimension.
Read the first chapters of the classic and check the assistants' hard work at polishing shit.

For some in Brazil it's like religion.
It's serious bussiness.

When is the Sanctuary arc rehash nÂș 89654 going to end? I want my Zeus arc.

You realise that the zeus arc will be a sanctuary rehash, right?

>and his characters look exactly the same in all his works
Pleb

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osamu_Tezuka's_Star_System

>Spin-off, canon/non-canon prequels, sequels and god know what else are just milking the franchise non-stop
I liked the anime-only Asgard arc desu

Kurumada releases two ND volumes per semester on average.
I would not expect Zeus arc soon, probably we'll never read it.
I'm not even sure if Kurumada will live long enough to deliver ND's final chapter.

To be fair, ND has some really cool moments, ideas and characters. I really enjoy it so far. The only problem is that the drunk bastard only update it when he's sober

Filler asgard was my favourite arc, I know they basically copied the same formula than the previous arc, but i'm a big fanboy of the nordic mythology , the asgard warriors also had a very good development and very interesting background stories.

Poland too

It's one of my personal favs

It has some neat moments and ideas in the middle of rehashed stuff, and the constant breaks just make the rehash worse.

Oda is an incredibly hardworking man who has gone above and beyond what is expected of him for his employers and fans, has a solid and unique artstyle and above average battle shounen manga storytelling skills. Togashi and Kurumada are both lazy shits who have had their works improved immensely by anime creators through little of their own efforts. Note that Hunter x Hunter is decent, but Togashi has this superstar contract to live off of for the rest of his life when it was gotten through being willing to sign on with Jump when they were at their peak of being incredibly abusive shits.

Togashi is actually quite a lot better than Kurumada talent-wise

Next Dimension is shit

Why is the manga version of the Pegasus Cloth blue?

Omega is shit therefore NON CANON

I loved Lost Canvas, too bad the chances of s3 are less than zero

It was nice but the problem was using the same formula of saving athena in time limit. Aggravated by the fact that then comes poseidon saga which is, again, the exact same thing.

It's the color scheme Kurumada uses.
And it's not only his cloth's color that is different from the anime.
Check "cloth myth OCE" on google images if you want later.

Writing is pretty damn bad, but all the music is amazing.
Also the anime improved so much an even worse manga.

A difference between Kurumada and Togashi is that Kurumada is concious of writing for 10 years old boys and even now when his readers are adults and mostly female, he's still trying to maintain the tone while Togashi want to be taken seriously as an author but he's too lazy and while he's very imaginative, he really needs a strong editor because his mangas are full of asspulls too big even for battle shounen standards. Compare the cosmos (an extremely simple power source based on will) to nen (a clusterfuck that can do everything despite the so-called limitations)

LC jumps the shark bladly when Tenma's father is introduced.
LC's final part is shit.

AND I RAAAAAAN

Asgard killed the anime on Japan and has been ignored until recent years. I think it's comparable to Sailor Stars, which it's ironic because Sailor Moon was inspired by Saint Seiya. Both Stars and Asgard are generally well-received on the west generally on comparisson to a close season (SuperS and Poseidon) while Japan didn't like them and pretty much ignored it for many years.

I think Poseidon is criminally underated and Toei is directly responsable of a lot of Saint Seiya's bad rep. See the memes of "Seiya always wear the Saggytarius cloth" or "Ikki always save Shun"

Saori (Athena) functions as a Princess Peach/Princess Zelda of this franchise through almost all of the arcs.
But in every single arc they have to rescue someone or something.

Americans ruin everything.

>"Seiya always wear the Saggytarius cloth"
>mfw Seiya only wear the Sagittarius cloth three times in the manga

Kurumada mentioned he read a lot of swordsman novels when he was a kid and they're always fighting for an ancient document or some shit on those novels.

Canadian, actually.

The english OP is awesome.

youtube.com/watch?v=GpxrsEAIMT4

still surprises me how okada's art does not improve at all but instead it get worse and worse over time

Toei made Shun and Hyoga scene a hundred times gayer than it is in the manga.

Honestly, it's amazing just how much of an improvement Shingo Araki's character designs in the anime are. Like, holy shit.

>Saori (Athena) functions as a Princess Peach/Princess Zelda of this franchise through almost all of the arcs.
I love to see how badass she is on ND. That's some real character development

>Toei is directly responsable of a lot of Saint Seiya's bad rep

This so much, I read the manga here last year for the first time, I am amazed at how many plot holes were created in the anime adaptation.

Shit art
Shit repetitive history arcs
Shit writing
Spic fanbase

>being young
>search some SS doujins trying to get some athena or shaina action
>trillions of yaoi shit

god fucking damn it

Yeah. She even fights his sister with her cloth and all.
This part with Gestalt was great too.

Saint Seiya definitely own its international success to the extremely talented anime staff that were exploited by Toei execs like slaves but the manga was picked for an anime adaptation after one tankoubon. What made it worse is that Kurumada wasn't still sure of what to do with SS at that point so he was pretty much throwing darts but Toei/Bandai saw the toy potential and they never gave a shit about plot consistence

Apparently this is a China Man.

Lad, you should know just by looking at the designs of most characters that they'd be shoved into yaoi shit.

Yup, I enjoyed the anime much more
TMS animating SS was a gift considering Toei's quality

>2018 will have a new animation produced by Netflix.
USA is the only market where Saint Seiya has never made it and the country is full of manchildren with disposable cash these days

Isn't he the son of some movie director?

He works for Disney but I don't know if he's the son of a director

Best opening of all times

Indeed
youtube.com/watch?v=XTkc3e1741w

Perdon, compa?

youtube.com/watch?v=2s8lcJfGPMU

it's actually pretty tough to say

absolute garbage except for asgard saga, pretty good BGM

I'm pretty sure everyone but the burgers watched and enjoyed this show.

this

We got a shitty version of it that was 20 years too goddamn late.

>not posting the superior version

youtube.com/watch?v=LDgWqoAhUkw

Imbecil.

I just saw the first episode, I remember some fat guy gets his ear ripped off and there's a really pretty starry sky background
pretty good show

>If the Gold Saints with two equivalent forces wages a battle, the conflict can last a long time. In this confrontation, which is called the "War of a Thousand Days," they can both die or fight forever without a winner.

What the fuck was the point of this?

this moment was great

wait, wasn't Dohko argentinian?

Everytime there was a clash between two golden saints, it lasted for the period of a single attack. Kurumada wrote that just to say all the golden
saints are equivalent in power.

The same point as "you can't use the same technique twice against a saint".
It's meaningless, just a cool thing to say in their universe.

He lives in china, he trains shiryu, what makes you think he's argentinian?

>all the golden saints are equivalent in power
Except they clearly are not.

Shun's master is Argentinian

Why did Athena let this prick become a Gold Knight?

Another valid point. How the fuck can Athena let so many fucked up people become gold saints? Like god damn.

Cool ideas, some cool art in the manga on occasion but not often. Kurumada is stylistically solid but his actual panels are often underwhelming and sloppy. Saint Seiya deserved better execution for its cool ideas.

I don't remember the anime as well, but I remember preferring the manga on account of it being a quick read and less tedious.

cuz kurumada sucks giant sweaty balls

also got jealous that lost canvas was doing so well that he denied it from cannon, fucking prick.

>this is a considered a man

DM was part of Saga's secret service, along with Aphrodite and, only in the manga, Shura. Saga successfully tricked everyone because the gold saints were kids during the betrayal but he needed some enforcers just in case. Being a prick was perfect for the job. To be fair, Aphrodite was a prick while DM was a sadist and probably insane. Probably his cloth leaving him was some kind of sign that Athena was back on the Sanctuary, I doubt Kurumada thought that much about it.

Saints in general aren't right on the head after going through a brutal training since their childhood. They need Athena's guide because otherwise they'd just go insane and kill each other for petty reasons.

Posting best girl
youtu.be/QOv5ZAbXQ1g

Mu - Tibet
Aioria - Greece
Aioros - Greece
Aphrodite - Sweden
Aldebaran - Brazil
Camus - France
Deathmask - Italy
Dohko - China
Miro - Greece
Saga - Greece
Shaka - India
Shura - Spain

What the fuck where they thinking!?

>Athena-chan, am I kawaii uguu~

Is Episode G canon?
LC clearly isn't and it seems that Saintia Shou could be canon.

None of the spin-offs is canon

I only got into the series a couple of years ago because J-Stars gave it the best Stage, the best Music, and Seiya was really fun to play as. It is a little shallow, given its thin plot, and sometimes the art looks really bad on the humans, but the Cloths and Animals are done really well. I can't really complain about the fights either being the Shonenfag I am.

Too bad because Saint Seiya has top-tier waifus. As usual, fujoshi has the best girls

are you brazillian

Didn't you learn shit from Saint Seiya? It's OK to be gay

I suspect Asgard got attention because Japan went nuts over Frozen. Some nip made a comparisson between Frozen and Asgard when SoG was announced

When they finally tried bringing it over to the United States I read the first few volumes of the manga and got an uncensored DVD set they released but for some reason I just couldn't get into the series.