Isekai Smartphone

This is such a lazy and blatant attempt at wish fulfilment pandering with an incredibly ridiculous Mary Sue character. Why the fuck am I enjoying it?

Other urls found in this thread:

dijoninpieces.wordpress.com/i-was-a-sword-when-i-reincarnated/
pixiv.net/member.php?id=4065575
hikokitranslations.wordpress.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because MC gets shit done and goes for harem end.

You can't complain about Isekai cancer anymore if you enjoyed this garbage show.

You have shit taste, and you're probably mentally retarded. I recommend watching SAO next.

The MC is openly aware of his ridiculous situation, and more often than not is quite deadpan about it. No surprise nothing about it is original, but its still a fun as fuck read. Reminds me of slayers type comedy.

It just gets more ridiculous past the anime.

>Isekai cancer
What a shit taste. Isekai is one of the most genuinely fun genres out there. Just you wait till the good ones get adaptations by non-shit studios.The upcoming Arifureta , Tate no Yuusha and Death March aren't exactly what I'm talking about, but it's a good start. Smartphone is just a guilty pleasure, no different than any other low-budget ecchi harem.

This, and for some reason It didnt feal rush or forced either oddly enough at least not in the books.

I hit about book 14 in rokojouma and couldnt shake off the feeling that every girl was hilariously close to the MC but were all to dense about the fact theyre perfectly ok with all sharing the same D and yet at the same time made no attempts to do anything but group healing. I can't place it but something about it was weird as fuck.

I tried to watch sao but I could not. It took itself too seriously

>"Damn, we can't hurt our dead zombie boss"
>MC shoots the guy
>"What? It's not like I knew the guy."

exactly, he brings logic and a gun blade to a sword fight, everything else after that is comic relief and Icing on the cake.

Because it knows what it is. It knows it's a harem and does something harem shows usually don't do: GO FOR THE HAREM ROUTE.

So this show actually ends in a real harem? Not shitty harem bait?

theyre all engaged by the third book, so yes. Also MC start dropping the pretense that he doesn't want to get hitched(which was validated by past family experiences) when he realizes he loves them.
Not to mention he goes battosai mode whenever someone fucks with his women. He became attached to them without fully realizing it before it was to late.

Picked up. I've seen way too many shows that have harem elements but never actually go for the harem route.

Saying anymore than that would spoil anything after the anime.

Just fyi, there are 10 books out in moonland 5 this week in the US and the author is still writing to this day. It started as a hobby that accidentally took off.

>It started as a hobby that accidentally took off.
Why do I feel like this is the case with a lot of LNs?

Oh, so he goes ice-cold-killer if someone messes with his girls. Awesome. Considering he's basically invincible when he's chill his pissed off version should be something.

Because it avoids all negative things that you'd find in a generic harem. It's made for adults who just want to see a ridiculous show, not for edgy teens.

>Not to mention he goes battosai mode whenever someone fucks with his women.
I was surprised about that when he mentioned castrating and force feeding a guys pecker because he talked shit about his wife. He really doesn't take shit talking his wives very well. I'm almost wondering if that was some localization or literal.

Because you are correct

Many of the isekai LNs that are popular arent written by professional novelists(although there are a few riding the wave). Many of them were basically written by otaku or just plain people who were bored as fuck.

Personally this and and
dijoninpieces.wordpress.com/i-was-a-sword-when-i-reincarnated/
this are the ones Ive been enjoying at the moment, I went in expecting the worse and came out far more satisfied than I should have.

Just comes to show theres a few gems out there depending on your tastes.

Nice thumbnail faggot.

Not sure but its definitely implied because it happens more than once in the books.Not to mention with other characters around to take notice.
Not quite, but yes kenshin is the closest I can think of as an example.

I don't mean like he goes on a rampage. I mean like he becomes colder and more calculated. That's how Kenshin was.

then yeah your correct.

In rokojouma , they hit a truce ..because they realised that be too agressive will not work.

Make no mistake , all of them willingly choose to attack the MC in their own way. They just realised that being agressive to others would not work. And don't worry , most of this weird feelign disappear in later volumes.

The show knows all this and uses it to its advantage.

>depending on your tastes
Tensei Ken is alright but the one I'm currently enjoying and I'm very sure it would be very popular if it got a proper anime adaptation is Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru. Action-packed, super fun and just the right amount of chuuni and by that I mean very chuuni, in a good way. It will probably get an adaptation, I just hope it's a studio that can do action well.

Awesome because Ioved the first 7 novels, skipped to 11 because of spoilers and then suddenly 14 just got really awkward. Like Kiriha your in a factory snooping and your turning into a twat, not to mention clan was the only one that I felt had proper justification. Also fuck this author for spoiling/heavily implying major plot points with the girls and doing nothing with them for entire books, it doesn't help my ADD with this shit.

What was that planting seeds that becomes a monster isekai? Looks fun though but it only had one chapter translated.

I don't know why I love the "eyebrows the same sheer white color as their hair" so much, but I do.

>.
I just read the first 6 manga chapters and looking at google at volume 6 of the novel the illustrator changes? For the better it looks like, but its kinda off putting. Looks good tho.

This is pure irony

>the illustrator changes
Do you mean the artist of the manga adaptation (which is very inferior to thte LN by the way) is different from the LN illustrator or the LN illustrator changes? Himesuz who's literally one of my most favorite things about it is the one who drew the coverart of volume 6 and is still credited on the cover.

7 and 8 it changes to a new illustrator for the novels just check google

>illustration: Nekonabe Ao
>pixiv.net/member.php?id=4065575
Who the fuck is that? Himesuz is way better.

To be honest himesuz looks a bit sloppy, but to each their own. New illustrator looks more crisp imo.
Its not as if the chracter designs changed drastically, but I'd hate to say it they look they match closer to the manga.

On another note its cool to see someone retranslating the entire series for consistency.
hikokitranslations.wordpress.com/

Those are the guys translating the LN, right? Yeah, their translation is good too. Nobody should read the WN, in my opinion, it's not drastically different but LN is better.

>8 volumes in
>jealous harem beating mc jokes
>oblivious dense mc jokes
>virgin jokes
>girl of the volume plot

This more like classic shitty LN than muh isekai. Do not pick it up if you know what i mean.

Because it doesn't try to lie to you about how bad it is.

I hope there is a special hell for shitty isekai authors.

Let's just move to isekai which actually get to fucking point!

Literally.

And what point is that?

Fucking point!

Smapho taro

Because it feels cozy, and has a very light and positive tone to it. It's about a nice guy having good things happen to him just because he's nice, eschewing with a lot of the usual humility and shame. It's unapologetic about itself, and I guess that's one of the things that makes it charming.

Personally, I haven't finished the show yet, and while it has a nice vibe, it's one of the most nothing shows I've watched in a while. It's a show I find it easy to forget about, and while it's not painful to think about finishing it, it easily slips my mind.