nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17701356
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19031857
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21012220
twitter.com/irodori7/status/897411972429357057
thejadednetwork.com/sfx/browse/kosho_kosho/
youtu.be/4puk9jg98Ak?t=56
youtube.com/watch?v=5OUP_Z3iZPs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Would be nice if someone did a translation of the lines for it.

It's so fucking cute but trippy at the same time.
I really love stuff like this. Reminds me of picture books I had as a kid.

That was cute

What did he mean by this?

It was made on while on childhood dreams.

Boring

COMFY!

It's more on the shortness that doesn't set you up for comfiness

I was really hoping he would do another since he can't work on Friends right now.

Boring just as Kemono Friends.

When will people stop pretending that shit was ever good?

sasuga tatsuki. "i am sad that i cannot make anime, so to cheer myself up, i will make anime"

nigger

That's... Actually a pretty normal thing to say. His earlier "I'll take a break from making anime and make anime instead" was "sasuga Tatsuki"

don't reply to bait please

So is it safe to say that this is some sort of afterlife?
His original Keifuku short seemed to suggest that, but now I'm not so sure.

Hopefully this leads to more art of her.

Looking at the replies on Twitter, tatsuki is getting a cult formed around him.

While his fan all over Japan losing their shit, this guy still make anime

It was honestly pretty disappointing. KF was good because the setting wasn't the focus of the story. Kaban wasn't adventuring to find the mysteries of Japari Park; she was trying to find out about herself. In Keifuku, the focus is on the girl is exploring the world. I just don't see a lone-wanderer story as a worthy successor to KF.

It's not supposed to be a successor to Kemono Friends. It is its own thing.

This concept has been something irodori have been adding to since before they started on Kemono Friends hard to call it a "successor" when it started before then.

>getting
He's had a cult since episode three.

> He didn't find the light bulbs with train stuff in it interesting.
What is your taste man?!

Joking aside, I can see why he was picked to render KF. Stiff animations aside, I found the setting he thought up pretty mystifying and lovely. The surreal nature of things in Keifuku really give a nice flavor to the short I think. It makes me imagine just how nuts Japari Park could have been if Tatuki kept working on it.

"Spiritual successor" was the word I meant to use I suppose. Like it or not, Tatsuki's next project is going to be compared to KF. I believe these people are in for disappointment.

The last short got over 100,000 likes. More than anything tweeted by the Kemono Friends official account ever usually gets and this one is already over 40k. I think it is safe to say most people are liking it.

Fuck off kemononigger.

Meanwhile Tatsuki's tweet about KF got 310,000 retweets. What's your point? Seems like it is less popular than KF.

Most of circle irodori's work features imaginative, surreal, dreamlike worlds being explored.

Even KF was the same.

This faggot must stop ruining anime with his shitty 3DCG
He should either learn how to draw or how to make a 3D model that actually looks good instead of shitting out this lazy garbage.

I'm honestly not sure what you are seeking to demonstrate there. My point was that clearly people like it seeing as it gets such an overwhelmingly positive response for something that is completely unknown. All you need to do is scroll down and look in the comments section if you have any doubts.

Are you actually retarded or do you not get WHY that tweet got so many retweets?

Even disregarding the fact that it was a bombshell that literally rocked the entire anime industry, of course a pre-established franchise is going to have more eyes on it than something utterly new. Most new things just fly under the radar.

For your benefit I'll just assume this is lousy bait and you're not a moron.

I wonder who the voice actress is?

Pitch-shifted Tatsuki

I'm glad he's feeling okay enough to work on his own projects.

Just been looking on twitter people seem to think it is Yumiri Hanamori.

She retweeted it.
twitter.com/hanayumi09/status/922468263056908289

Yep. She did the last one as well.

myanimelist.net/people/21543/Yumiri_Hanamori

It's Yumiri Hanamori, previously in Etotama, Scorching Ping Pong Girls and MGRP and currently starring in Yuki Yuna/Washio Sumi is a Hero. Plays a lot of 'unlucky' girls.

Well I'm kinda happy she's using a little bit of that sugar heart voice in there

Is this supposed to be a proof of concept, or will it just be a series of shorts that we'll get intermittently every few months?

Love the scenery and the environment but "lone wanderer exploring an empty mysterious world" is a bit of an overplayed concept.

>it's Anne Happy

I fucking knew it

I think the character herself is an expert on this alien world, and the audience is the one who finds it mysterious.
There's a distinction to be made there.
To answer your first question, we just don't know.

That thing she was using looked like cross between a metal detector and a miko staff.

Looked almost like dowsing to me.

Subs when?

tasuki has transcended to kamisama status

he is the new age budda

tofu is the new confucianism

So that's a manta ray, right?

Will we ever get a translucent manta ray friend going kosho kosho?

Who knows. Every month since 2008 irodori would post at least 30 seconds of new animation on niconico. They only stopped just before Kemono Friends aired and have now started posting these things every so often. The character or some variation of an embryonic type of this character has been around since atleast as far back as 2012.

The idea itself or something very similair they already worked on for a while:

This is the product of work on the same concept from October 2015 to August 2016 (whilst they likely would have been working on Kemono Friends):
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm29561789

These are older:
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17701356
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19031857
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21012220

What is this girl's job?

Pleasing old mens for fish.

Does that mean he has moved on from KF?

No, he's done this before.

Watching these older shorts with the character that looks similar I kind of get the feeling that it is the same basic concept but that working on Kemono Friends, the ideas in the show and audience response from that and what people found most interesting there has influenced it.

He posted one a few months ago and there is one on nico from a few years ago with similar ideas.

i like this. would watch a full series

Same.
On one hand I love the sense of "what am I even looking at".
On the other hand I really want to see this world get fleshed out.

>what am I even looking at
The exact same thing I felt while I was watching KF ep 1

Reminds me a bit of Mushishi.

I thought that with the first one, I wouldn't mind her visit different stations, solving some problems or whatever.

>kosho kosho
>kosho kosho

it's just so cute

You boss just gave you a promotion? He REALLY must love Manta Rays!

Why does it say koshokosho anyway

Because it would be weird for a manta ray to say anything else.

Probably Pokémon speak, is there any sound in the Japanese Kanji used for stingray that can make a "Ko" sound?

>light bulbs with train stuff in it interesting.
I was thinking i was ready for the abstract stuff from the moment i saw the "city block" slant elevator come down. Even when i thought will be a train.

I was ready for strange exploration with the Buddhist train signal post scanning for something.

But then my sleeplessness caught up to me and thinking "heck i'm looking at", 8 seconds after seeing these strange light blub glowly things with artifacts in it, which they took off the train thing.

I really need the translation to help makes sense of this short.

Wakaran.

Is this a sequel to this?
twitter.com/irodori7/status/897411972429357057

Come on dude, it's just a 2 minute short shows some world-building. You expect them to cram in plot, character development and themes into it? Right now it looks more like a nice opening to an episode.

This feels just like reading a picture book as a child. Either the books were strange or I didn't have a way to understand them due to my limited comprehension of the world. Either way I enjoyed the sense of wonder I received from then greatly, and I'm glad that Tatsuki is so dedicated to creating things that invoke true childhood nostalgia.

yeah

>Didn't have a way to understand them due to my limited comprehension of the world.
It's like Lovecraftian horror but comfy and nice instead of terrifying.

thejadednetwork.com/sfx/browse/kosho_kosho/

So, the manta is a ghost because it died when it didn't deal with a tickle in its throat? It died from some sort of asphyxiation, and it speaks by using variations on choking sounds? That's fucking metal.

I'm still not really sure, its something they say on Japanese ASMR videos from what I am finding on google/youtube with コショコショ too.

Is this the power of tofu?

youtu.be/4puk9jg98Ak?t=56

>Japanese ASMR
>tfw that one ASMR about Kaban and Serval

The stills ruined it, desu. Also, dat ending guitar reminds me of this: youtube.com/watch?v=5OUP_Z3iZPs

I want the soundtrack already.

Stills like that are commonly used even in actual anime for montages, I think they can be forgiven in a 2 minute short made out of the pocket of three guys for no money at the same quality they did for a TV series where they even bothered to get a professional voice actress.

He is the Master figure now. People would inevitably ask him something that he will never be able to fulfill.

Tofu time

The comments are full of people that are happy though?

So, it's kakera shit (or whatever that witch meta-meta-world was in Umineko)?

Some of the comments
>Director Tatsuki Thank You!
>Everyone is waiting for Director Tatsuki's next work, even if its not KemoFure.
>The world view is great. The feeling of the ruins and backgrounds are match really well. Looking forward to more.
>It's a great animation but I can't understand the scenario well yet.
>I like the world view. Thank you! (Koshokosho)
>Thank you Director Tatsuki. Please keep up the good work.
>I really love the world views depicted by Director Tatsuki.
>Director Tatsuki thank you, I will continue to support you.
>I like Tatsuki's unique world views. Please keep it up.

It is seemingly mostly this kind of stuff.

Tatsuki is now quite renowned and respected, it's nice to see some justice in this world.

He could permanently change how people view CG animation.

And then the industry gets flooded with even shitty cash-ins on the cg craze.
And then pseudo-hipsters will look back and call Tatsuki an overrated hack.
Such is life.