Gamers LN Summaries - Volume 7

It's time for another exceedingly happy vanilla volume of Gamers with no Misunderstandings™ or NTR at all. You might want to get your rage reaction images ready for this one.

Previous Threads: desuarchive.org/a/thread/163596074/
desuarchive.org/a/thread/163781901/

Last time on Gamers: Chiaki confessed to Keita and also finally revealed she was Mono and Nobe while gazing at the stars with Keita after a day of augmented reality mobage.

Reminder Tendies has done nothing wrong.

Chiaki a best.

Karen will win.

>Chapter 1: We pick up right after Chiaki confesses to Keita, and is promptly rejected. Chiaki wants to keep being friends, Keita agrees and they have a conversation about drawing the proper boundaries and telling Karen what happened so things don't get awkward. As they head back towards the bus stop, they see Aguri and Tasuku still there for some reason, turns out their bus broken down so they had to wait a long time for the next one. Karen was also on this bus and apparently went to look at the convenience store. You see where this is going, right?
>Karen's back, and incredibly awkward for some reason. Cut to her perspective, she went wandering around so she wouldn't be a third wheel. Of course, she wanders into Chiaki confessing to Keita, or rather the aftermath. All she hears of their discussion is "drawing boundaries" and "making sure to tell Karen together". Her conclusion is that Keita, being the nice guy™ that he is, couldn't bear rejecting Chiaki, so he's now planning to two time while getting her approval. The genius plan Karen devises is to avoid Keita and Chiaki telling her about their meeting at all costs, because then they wouldn't be able to feel guilt free about two timing.

Save those reaction images, you've seen nothing yet.

Hurry the fuck up. How do you not have your summary already saved in a .txt file somewhere.

Fuck off.

You can't rush MISUNDERSTANDINGS.

don't be a meanie

Just go search the archives later, I made it easily searchable.

>Chapter 2: Konoha's perspective. Chiaki tells her about everything that happened, including that she doesn't have to pretend to be Mono and Nobe anymore. Skip forward a couple days and Keita is trying to get advice from Konoha. Keita feels like they can never get to the topic of informing Karen about what happened. Konoha thinks this is strange that the conversation never gets to that point even when 2 of the 3 people in question are trying to get it to happen. She suspects that Karen is trying to avoid the topic, but Keita isn't convinced. Also intense amounts of sexual harassment toward Keita that is now normal for every Konoha Keita interaction.
>Konoha decides to go to the game shop, on the way meets Keita's brocon otouto Kousei, who's "patrolling Keita's hangouts for danger". While she's looking at games Karen shows up. Karen doesn't notice Kousei there, so Kousei secretly listens in on their conversation. Karen asks Konoha what she thinks Chiaki and Keita's relationship is. Konoha realizes that she now holds all the power in this love dodecahedron. She could just say Chiaki and Keita are cheating on her, it would be so easy. She would even be able to create an opening to take Keita for herself. Konoha is planning out in her mind exactly how to ruin Karen's relationship.
>Konoha: "Don't worry, Keita's crazy for you."
>Immediate regret. Karen leaves slightly more reassured, but still with doubt since Konoha didn't explain the entire situation. Konoha apologizes to Kousei since he wanted Keita X Chiaki too, and Kousei just walks by without a word, then, quietly,
>Kousei: "You really are an idiot. Just like another certain someone."

Can you explain more in detail that sexual harassment?

>Chapter 3: The entire grade is preparing for a 4 day school trip, and trying to decide groups. No one in Keita's class wants him. Tasuku apologizes for not being able to do anything since his group is already full and he would have to kick someone else out (same group in same room so it's a hard limit). Keita ends up in the same group as 5 other people who hate him and normally bully him, led by someone named Kaburagi.
>In Chiaki and Karen's class, same thing is happening to Chiaki. The class prez, who only got the position because Karen was busy with the gaming club, is loudly drawing attention to Chiaki asking who wants to take her. Karen is pretty pissed, because this is obviously doing more harm to Chiaki than helping. She tries objecting but gets shut down by the self righteous class prez. Entire class is silently on Karen's side but class prez continues to draw attention to Chiaki. Karen wants to help but she would need to kick someone else out too, plus it's the girl who just tried to steal her boyfriend (and might've succeeded). Eventually the class turns on the class prez, and demands the prez's group take Chiaki, since she's telling other people to volunteer but keeping herself out of it. She's about to be bullied into accepting when Karen can't take it anymore. Karen stands up, walks to the center of the room and puts her arm around Chiaki.
>Karen: "I'm not about to let Chiaki go to a group that's being forced to take her. They don't understand her and it won't be fun for her or the group. Listen up, I don't care who objects, from now on Chiaki is under my, Tendou Karen's protection."
>Karen and Tasuku talk in a bookshop about Karen's doubts about her relationship. Later, turns out Keita's mom spotted them, and she describes them to Keita as "that famous blonde girl and her handsome boyfriend". Keita feels like he needs to do something to make Karen happy(who is awkward around him because she thinks he's cheating, but he doesn't know that).

It's like, half the text whenever the two of them talk. Konoha even "jokes" about masturbating to Keita. Says she's an M, asks about his fetishes while licking her lips, "who doesn't like a sexy, lewd, kouhai?", etc.

>Keita goes to meet with Aguri in the family restaurant. They both feel like their relationship has been pretty awkward lately, especially because the end of volume 4 happened. The last day of the school trip happens to be at totally not disneyland, and Aguri tells Keita about these teddy bears that are supposed to be good luck for couples. Problem is they cost 20k yen. Aguri happens to have 2 part time job offers, but it's for customer service, the worst type for Keita, and also not great for Aguri since she's naturally not actually that good with people. They stick through it for the sake of their significant others.

>Konoha even "jokes" about masturbating to Keita. Says she's an M, asks about his fetishes while licking her lips, "who doesn't like a sexy, lewd, kouhai?", etc.
I'm liking her more and more.

Keita's brother might as well be the first case of male yandere incest I've seen.

I'm literally shaking in excitement, OP

>Chapter 4 is really fucking long. It's now the school trip and Keita is getting bullied out of his room. He messages everyone else to see if anyone wants to hang out, but Karen is in the middle of playing cards with her roommates, Chiaki was about to go into the bath, and everyone else is busy in some other way. Keita has no choice but to walk down to the main lobby, where he finds his asshole roommates have taken the elevator to get there before him, having taken bets on where he was going. They start laughing at him again when Chiaki comes to the rescue, leaving what she was doing to talk to Keita and bring him somewhere else. Karen finds them later, intending to help Keita once she was done her stuff, but finding Chiaki already there.
>The next day, Keita is talking to Tasuku as they do tourist things, when Keita's asshole roommates walk up and start making fun of them, including Tasuku for hanging out with Keita. As a final fuck you, they tell Tasuku to say hi for them to his whore of a girlfriend. Tasuku is trying to rationalize not beating the shit out of them, and decides that it's not worth causing a scene and making the rest of the trip worse for Keita. Once he turns around, he finds Keita has already charged the asshole, grabbing him by the collar. Tasuku comes in to break it up, and yells at Keita for being stupid. Now he has to endure being in the same group as the assholes for 2 more days. Keita regrets it too, and says he just acted without thinking when he heard them insult Aguri.
>That night, Tasuku runs into Karen in the hallways. Karen says she's been talking with Konoha a lot these days, and begins texting her. She asks Konoha what she thinks love is, and Konoha replies that it's an impulse that goes beyond rationality and desires. Both of them are shaken by this because they were the ones to hold back when their loved ones were in trouble, and Keita/Chiaki respectively instantly went to help without thinking about the consequences.

>Karen's narration: "I kind of understand what Kousei was talking about when he called me a piece of girlfriend shaped garbage now" Karen is in the shared bath when Chiaki joins her, and Chiaki reveals that Keita rejected her before Karen could react. Karen is relieved, but questions why Chiaki would confess in the first place, knowing it was either get rejected or be a housewrecker and ruin one of your best friends' relationship. Chiaki responds that she also thinks there weren't any good outcomes, but that she just confessed instinctively. Karen starts thinking about what Konoha said about what love really is again.
>On the last day of the trip, Keita and Aguri successfully buy their 20k yen pairs of teddy bears. As the group splits into the couples and Chiaki alone at the end of the day, Keita and Aguri get ready to give their SOs the teddy bears. To Aguri's surprise, Tasuku kisses her, and Karen does the same to Keita. Narration now switches to simultaneously narrating Keita and Aguri's point of view, as the same scene unfolds before the two of them. They're the happiest they've ever been and ready to give their teddy bear gift, when their respective SOs, after kissing them, tells them they want to break up.
>Meanwhile, Chiaki witnesses Karen kiss Keita and runs away mentally shocked.

END OF VOLUME.

how much do i miss between the anime end and this volume? / should i just go read the past threads while TL-kun types his summaries out?

>Kiss your SO
>We should see other people
NIPPON PLS

Poor Chiaki.

>We should see other people
Both cases are more "you should see other people"

The point still stands user. Who kisses their SO after getting a gift, then breaks up with them.

They both feel undeserving, like they had a cheat code and stumbled into a relationship and then did fuck all for their lover. They feel like someone else deserves them more and should have a proper shot at them, instead of not ever having a chance because Keita/Aguri were already dating someone.

They didn't get the gift yet.

Has there ever been a bigger homewrecker than Chiaki
Besides that one bitch from that Setokaichou show

Haha they break up more MISUNDERSTANDINGS amiri-
>They're the happiest they've ever been and ready to give their teddy bear gift, when their respective SOs, after kissing them, tells them they want to break up.
"girlfriend shaped garbage" indeed.

That's stupid
This is dumb.

And that's how a doujin of Keita furiosly having sex with Konoha in her room while Chiaki is playing next door gets drawn.

Jesus fuck this is actually all so retarded.

AHAHAHA Chiaki BTFO

I don't know man, my self esteem would be in the gutter if someone who's just a friend was ready to kill because my girlfriend got insulted, but I was just standing there being like, I don't want to cause a scene.

I seem to have misunderstood some of the posts in this thread.

>Being mature is a bad thing.
Come on user.

Once again, to no one's surprise, Tasuku and Karen act like gigacucks.

Wasnt this the same guy that did seitokai? What happened?

>Implying there wasn't cliche drama in Ichizon

Also, I've read both, and I can't really summarize humor. I assure you, Gamers is hilarious when you actually read it.

In that situation, it really is. Anyone would be happier with their SO reacting the way Keita did that doing nothing like Tasuku

This isn't as upsetting to me as the haunted house for some reason.

Probably because they're doing it to themselves here. Also because the whole volume has been building up how terrible Karen and Tasuku are.

That's not how it's supposed to work!
Fuck this!

So Karen doesn't love Keita anymore? She is finally free from getting cucked.

Yeah. Karen even stands up to protect Chiaki but neglects her boyfriend completely.

She does, but thinks Chiaki loves him more and he would be happier with her

i love you user

Feels like a lot of parallels with characters. Despite Chiaki being the Keita clone, Aguri seems more similar in a sense of situation. Chiaki really is just some sort of super third wheel.

Chiaki will get her time to shine soon.

I am laughter

I hate everything

this is worse than ntr

Karen's got this in the bag. Feels bad for Chiaki.

>everyone is not happy

They are the homewrecker sisters.

>no more misunderstandings
I can't bear it

But there is a misunderstanding. Keita and Aguri were very happy in their relationships, but their partners thought otherwise.

Still can't bear it

This. Everyone needs to remember that Tasuku already has a massive inferiority complex, which was why he built up his whole "cool high school persona" in the first place. Then he meets someone like Keita, who is everything he envies, but at the same time becomes his best friend.

Massive guilt and massive inferiority.

But Konoha could have effortlessly destroyed Karen's relationship and chose to push her forward instead.

Maybe these LN's are intentionally setting up terrible situations and outcomes. It's infuriating to the point where normally anti-social nips might actually talk to someone of the opposite gender about it, sparking a real human relationship. Maybe Gamers is really about providing perspective on the game of life?

But they already played the Game of Life.

Karen is doing fine by herself also it won't accomplish anything since it seems Keita really loves Karen.

She's not that much of a cuckshit enthusiast, but then again she still did a lot of homewrecker deeds.

>Karen is doing fine by herself
>ignores her poor bullied boyfriend

I meant destroying her relationship.

This sounds more and more like the shittiest VN ever made.

they're totally going to make this into an actual game, aren't they

WHY.

DEAR GOD, THIS AUTHOR LIKES TO FIRE HIS BOAT IN OPEN SEA AND DRINK VODKA IN CELEBRATION.

I survived Nisekoi just fine but this bullshit is really making damage.

are you freakin kidding me? oh god, i both hate and love misunderstandings, but these cliffhangers make it really hard.

about how much longer until you read the next volume, if there are still more for you to read (that are out yet, obv)? if not, when does next one come out?

>They're the happiest they've ever been and ready to give their teddy bear gift, when their respective SOs, after kissing them, tells them they want to break up.

Vol 8 when?

There are 8 volumes out. A bonus DLC novel also just came out.

>DLC novel
wait what? as in it's just extra, non-main story-related stuff?

>Aguri tells Keita about these teddy bears that are supposed to be good luck for couples. Problem is they cost 20k yen.
What manner of jewelry is this

It's a side story.

Just read the summary of volume 8...

BRO, LIKE WTF

Where? AS?

Nips who will buy this garbage like 300$ red backpacks

>tfw no aguri gf

faker.jpg

Tasuku should just off himself

The author should just off himself. I'm surprised someone hasn't burned his house down yet.

It has Chiaki winning, so shes already fucked for the main story. Karen won this!

>garbage like 300$ red backpacks
They probably arent even overpriced, though. If I compare it to the shit you buy in the west, which usually is 150 as well, made in China and not actually made from leather, its a fair price.

>two good people working hard to make their special ones happy
>special one: lets just break up because of my delusions
And that's why Keita x Aguri should be the true endgame.

I just don't get it.
Nothing makes me more mad when people do something I just can't understand.

To be fair, she's right. Her relationship with Keita has been strained as fuck so far. Chiaki just gets along with him better and she has shown to care for him more than her.

Come on, user, you can't just say thay and leave.
Spoiler that shit and tell us.

For once, I agree with this. Keita and Aguri makes a nice couple, Karen a retard and Chiaki a homewrecking bitch.

It's this or Keita revange raping Kohonoha because Chiaki and Karen's stupidity

>Strained
>Karen just talked about fucking on her birthday

Kill yourself.

>and she has shown to care for him more than her.
If she cares, why is she a homewrecker?

She cares more about her own happiness

Like a true homewrecker. Dumb bitch, I will laugh at her when she loses hard.

This is retarded and not funny anymore

Aguri is end game.
Fuck Karen and that doreboneko.

This doenst even have comedic misunderstanding value.

>it's a "I'll break up with my lover instead of having a FUCKING TALK with them" episode

Why so angry

She acknowledges her talents. What a girl.